Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: B/W Trainer Editor

Re: B/W Trainer Editor

Wut's that?

Okay, I am waaaay lost. I wanted to do my first Rom Hack and with Pokémon White. But I need a .NARC file of the Rom. I can't transform my .NDS file into a .NARC, because none of my programs work, because they need a .dll file, because it doesn't recognize the Rom, because it needs to be executed with whatever... HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by MickBooterhood View Post
    Okay, I am waaaay lost. I wanted to do my first Rom Hack and with Pokémon White. But I need a .NARC file of the Rom. I can't transform my .NDS file into a .NARC, because none of my programs work, because they need a .dll file, because it doesn't recognize the Rom, because it needs to be executed with whatever... HELP!
    Err. Okay, firstly
    A .narc is a nitro archive inside the .nds. The BW .NDS isn't exactly one big .narc, it's made up of around 234 .narcs (and other files). Each containing separate data.
    You're going to have to extract the ROM's filesystem, and then find the .narc containing the info you need. Most of the common stuff (eg, sprites, overworld, script data) is out there, but the vast majority of other narcs have only been partially noted and documented.. I have a sort-of complete list somewhere, I think. Not that it matters, since I presume you're not editing that stuff.
    Anyway, use DSBuff or something to extract. It's fairly straightforward.
    Good luck!

Can anyone please tell me what are the Unknown Values in the Trainer info (the one at the bottom left) that correspond with each type of battle (rotation, double, etc)?
    Is it true that some trainer class are not compatible with some types of battle (lass with doubles for example)?

Quote Originally Posted by hyogman View Post
    Can anyone please tell me what are the Unknown Values in the Trainer info (the one at the bottom left) that correspond with each type of battle (rotation, double, etc)?
    Is it true that some trainer class are not compatible with some types of battle (lass with doubles for example)?
    From what i know, for the unkown values in trainer info:
    Triple:135
    Rotation:7
    Double:129

Oh and im not sure if its different for each individual trainer or just their trainer class but apparently hikers lose text when made into double battle (Tested with Hiker Lois),and as what i hear from previous posts so do the Lass trainer class.
    Last edited by k1d; Aug 16th, 2011 at 02:39 AM.

somewhat related...

a/2/1/4 - [1000 files] (bstrpoke)
    a/2/1/5 - [315 files] (bstrdata)

a/2/1/6 has the sprites for the subway, hence the large size for the small amount of files.

Oh I was wondering where the Subway data was kept, interesting. Though I can't see myself actually editing it D:

KazoWar I like you Program so far and Its works Great, Very Easy to understand. And been reading some things here and i think the Unknown Value in the Trainer is the AI, With 0 being the easiest to 7 Being the Hardest. While in Double and Triple Battles uses 128 to 136 (I still checking on that one). I could be wrong tough.

Okay I tried changing Alder's Party completely and had their Level's changed, but when I reinserted the data and poke narcs into the ROM, all the Pokemon were at level 1. What did I do? I changed them to around 96-99 to and tried again and they still appeared at level 1.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456