Black and White starters

datenshi11793

Strange thing is that I feel as if I have been a little rough on the water starter. I still think it looks doofy but it is not as bad as the first time I saw it... probably because I got used to it. My opinion still remains that the grass one looks the coolest... and that people should stop complaining about bacon the fire pig because it is still kind of cute.

I still highly doubt I am getting this game, but if I were to choose... too bad. I always said water and I will always pick water (I made an exception in HGSS because I picked Totodile in GSC and they are essentially the same games... somewhat). I'd really love to see their final forms though... hopefully it won't be that bad.

I have a feeling the Fire one will be defensive... although I doubt it is that sturdy judging by that preview video showing it getting OHKOd by a Water Pulse. The Grass one will probably be similar to Sceptile: fast and powerful in special attack... but there is one difference: it will outclass it. How? Let's add some special movepool to take advantage of and add more speed and even more attack power and a boosting move for special attack so that Sceptile will be obsolete! Oh come on, it is not like Gamefreak did this before with an insanely overpowered Pokemon in the following generation right? What? What do you mean it has happened before?

... and I have no idea what they will do to the water one. Imagine it turns out the most powerful of the three! That would be... laughable but amazing.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, these are the first genuinely appealing starters for me since Gen 2. The mascot Pokemon also are the first ones that appeal to me since Ho-Oh and Lugia. Unfortunately, this will probably mean that a good majority of the rest of the Pokemon introduced in this generation will be utter crap. Hopefully they won't ruin too many more of the original 151 with more crappy evolutions (a la Magmar, Electabuzz, and Magneton...)

This all being said, me and my girl will each be getting one of the versions of this, so, rather early on, we will probably both have all three of the starters in our parties.

Edit: However, having to choose one: it's the water guy. I have ALWAYS picked the water one, since Red, and I always will.

Before i commit to any one of these starters 100%, i'll have to see the Final evolutions and dual typing of each one. But so far, things are looking up for the grass starter ^_^

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to get this in.

I completely agree with you. In all past generations, I was always able to choose my starter just by how they looked. But now that they all look retarded, I don't know which one to choose. Instead, I feel like just choosing one at random, and then putting it at the back of my PC. I mean, I'm really disappointed with what they have done to pokemon. It seems as though they lost all senses of creativity. The only thing I'm looking foward to in this new game the battle scenes, and the new "3D" view to the map...

Sorry guys

heee....heeeeee.... i got an action replay and put a code on it to make it all look 3D

welll i think pokemon has got a little stale. i mean realy, you get some bages, evil team trys to steal something/control somthing,you save evryone, collect other bages,beat elet 4, complet pokedex. is that really all game freak can come up with? i think it would be cool to be on the bad guy side. wellllllll anyyywayy......the water starter is jist down right horrible and i never have said that to any starter. the fire pig is A LOT better. i like the grass snake thing . im soooooo excited to see if they changed anything......to bad your pokemon dont follow you around.....=( that was the coolest thing game freak ever did to pokemon...im gunna feel soooo alone now....well back on topic the green snack thing is awsome. reminds me of a pokemon i made in 4th grade so im defenetly going with it.

Edited by pokemongirl=]
sorry for spelling erorrs...

;80259'].well back on topic the green snack thing is awsome. reminds me of a pokemon i made in 4th grade so im defenetly going with it.

yeah, it sure looks like a snack to me... haha just messing with you. All of them look so weird now though... But fire pig is still the best! :biggrin:

I thought they would stop but they could at least let kids imagination run wild it looks some messed up adult mind plus the story line needs to change main choose on what kind of team you would be on the good or on the bad because the same story over and over ain't really fun any more

• 3 weeks later...
I am in love with the Water Starter lol. Just look at it, its cute and looks like a Snow Cone with Blue Sirup xD. Water type Pokémon are my favorite Pokémon types. Plus, in the Beta Art Work, the second stage of the Water Starter is Water/Fighting type lol.

meeee tooooooo lol

• 3 weeks later...
The grass starter, though I think that it's too much like Tropius. They're both grass type reptilian Pokemon.

Uh, a LOT of the grass type starters are reptilian... Treeko, Turtwig, and even Bulbasaur is a reptile-thing with a bulb on its back...

Back on topic, I still would pick the Grass Type, but the other two are beginning to grow on me. (especially Mijumaru.)