Project Pokémon's Forum User Ranks Guide

Greencat

What are the Admins' feelings on a VIP-type class? On other forums (not Pokemon, but I don't think it has to be on other Poke forums to count), I've seen this class use when it's a notable person from another site (REALLY notable, not just some random mod or something), or for former staff.

However, I also know that the forums I'm referencing were built from the ground up, and Vbulletin might not have the ability for various types of ranks.

Well, REALLY notable people would get special ranks, but probably not a VIP ranks. Maybe something more descriptive as to why they are notable.

Also vBulletin is very capable. That is how we have the Developer rank and the Contributor Rank.

Well, REALLY notable people would get special ranks, but probably not a VIP ranks. Maybe something more descriptive as to why they are notable.

Also vBulletin is very capable. That is how we have the Developer rank and the Contributor Rank.

Ah. I'm unfamiliar with what exactly is a built in feature for Vbulletin and what has to be added to it, but that's nice to know.

Developer -

Developers develop Action Replay codes and/or are capable of codding programs for the use of the Pokémon series video games. They also research information about subjects such as ROM Editing.

Current users with this rank:

AngelSl, Chase-san, codemonkey85, Sabresite and SCV.

Congratulations on becoming moderator and Greencat I believe its spelled coding

Edited by Eatsushi
messsed up

No can do, know almost nothing about AR/Pokesav/Flash carts. I know the most about pokemon in game mechanics, specifically competitive battling. Which is where I am trying to help the site out the most, although as there are too few guides right now it looks like a daunting task. I'm sure we'll get em all banged out eventually though.

In the old forum, (specifically the developer rank) special ranks would not be assigned unless the user wants it and is elegable. If the same is true here, how would one apply, or is it assigned without the user's request?

We will either assign without the user request or tell the user that they qualify and ask if they want it.

I think it's more simpler to have the Pokemon's instead of the badges, because when you see the badge it's like: "what's that one again" then you must check the forum again, GASP! i don't even have a badge, i feel slightly sad inside. :(

EDIT:

Never mind, i just noticed that you can place your mouse over the badge, and it tells you.

This feels... Extremely selective. Almost as though you have to be on a mod's good side to get a title.

Yes, the ranks are selective. We believe that ranks should be given to people who deserve them. Number of posts means very little so we are not providing rank up by number of posts. Instead we provide ranks based on specific rank-worthy qualities of the person.

Before we had large bars which would have made it hard to give some people the number of ranks they deserve.

Also before we just had contributor. But now we split if up and differentiate them so we can specify what the contribution was to.

If you have suggestions as to other rank-worthy things, please post here. We have all the badges from all the regions and custom badges so there's plenty of rank images to go around.

I haven't contributed ANYTHING, though. I'm not about to accept something freely when I don't deserve to have it! If I'm going to have a badge, I want to earn it. I haven't done anything to earn this one.