Project Pokémon's Forum User Ranks Guide

Greencat

That didn't help, either. Just tried it.

The thing is, the badges show up on profiles and under a user's title, just not on the first page here.

On Safari, I tried right-clicking the boxes and opening the image in another window, but this came up:

Safari can’t open the page “https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/792618/Badges%20Final/Sinnoh8.png” because it couldn’t establish a secure connection to the server “dl.getdropbox.com”.

That doesn't have anything to do with it, right?

What's the difference between a Super Mod, and an Assistant Admin?

An Super Mod has moderation privileges for the whole forums. There are no administrative duties involved. Of course a Super Mod can choose to handle some administrative duties. As the number of Administrative duties handled increases the Super Mod may be promoted.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I suggest someone for a badge? (no its not me) I think Mewtwo Ex deserves the wiki contributor badge. He's contributed a lot of good information. I mean the TMs HMs is something I use frequently. Anyways i think he should get the badge.

He's written some other good stuff too.

I second that notion.

I kinda don't want to ask this question, as I am afraid to lose my chances, but what does a user have to do to be promoted to a moderator or admin position? Or do you guys just closely observe people for the task? Now, I'm still afraid, and I'll bolt out of this forum after this is posted.

I kinda don't want to ask this question, as I am afraid to lose my chances, but what does a user have to do to be promoted to a moderator or admin position? Or do you guys just closely observe people for the task? Now, I'm still afraid, and I'll bolt out of this forum after this is posted.

No idea. Heck, I don't even know how I became a mod o_O

At least you're not asking to be one :)

Maybe they monitor what you do and see if you're, well, deserving of it. I don't know :o

Different admins might have different standards. I know that moderators might get promoted to moderate additional/entire forum if we "patrol" outide of our area.

And while I'm not an admin and don't have the ability to promote, I'd say be a consistently good/helpful poster, help out when you can. I'm sure being a familiar face from the "old" forums doesn't hurt either (though it's not a guarantee to help).

But modding isn't the only way to help. There's tons of "ranks" out there. Site and wiki contributors are greatly appreciated. I personally love people who help out in Rate My Team threads. And many, many more. Each forum kind of has it's own sub-culture.

Oh, and did I mention RMT threads really like helpers?

No idea. Heck, I don't even know how I became a mod o_O

At least you're not asking to be one :)

Maybe they monitor what you do and see if you're, well, deserving of it. I don't know :o

lol, I was hoping you would be the one to answer. Oh boy, every time I visit this page I start shaking. I'm some kinda crazy.

Different admins might have different standards. I know that moderators might get promoted to moderate additional/entire forum if we "patrol" outide of our area.

And while I'm not an admin and don't have the ability to promote, I'd say be a consistently good/helpful poster, help out when you can. I'm sure being a familiar face from the "old" forums doesn't hurt either (though it's not a guarantee to help).

But modding isn't the only way to help. There's tons of "ranks" out there. Site and wiki contributors are greatly appreciated. I personally love people who help out in Rate My Team threads. And many, many more. Each forum kind of has it's own sub-culture.

Oh, and did I mention RMT threads really like helpers?

This. Naru-chu, there are other ways to help. I never asked to be mod either. I only helped people when they asked questions... mods have it tough, believe me. We have a different set of rules to play with :-/

lol, I was hoping you would be the one to answer. Oh boy, every time I visit this page I start shaking. I'm some kinda crazy.

Honestly, you shouldn't. It may seem like we infract a lot, but we're not hard-asses. We're not going to infract for some mild cursing or a slightly off topic post, most of us anyway.

And it takes something like 100 points before you're auto-banned, and even then it's only for two weeks. I mean, you have to REALLY work on getting banned. Like being a constant nuance and never contribute anything of use. And one infraction or two, it's like a "warning." Don't get any more and nothing bad will EVER happen.

And even then, I've seen a few posters get a ton of infractions, get close to the 100 points, and then they turn around and become great, quality posters who help a lot.

mods have it tough, believe me. We have a different set of rules to play with :-/

It's not so bad when the only two forums you're tasked with are A) your favorite subjects and B) totally dead all the time! The latter actually kind of sucks though.

Like being a constant nuance and never contribute anything of use.

Pretty sure you meant "nuisance" there. ;)

Naru-Chu, the best advice I can give you is just find something in the community that sparks your interest and work on improving it. Like competitive battling? Rate some teams. Enjoy trading? Give helpful tips to prospective traders. Intrigued by research and development? We could always use a hand.

You'll find your niche eventually, and when you do, you'll end up wherever you want to... with time.