Is this why all the Pokemon I've Pal Parked to Platinum in my recent save dump show up as having invalid trash bytes, when everything else reads as legit?

please post the trashbyte so i can make a legit platinum pal-park pokemon :bidoof:

Unfortunately, that link provides does not answer either of my questions about platinum trash bytes, so I'll have to take your word for it. Certainly, I can take the fact that there is nothing listed about platinum as some kind of admission that the trash byte stuff hasn't been publicly released.

Additionally, I was there for the description of how trash bytes work when poryhack 'officially' discussed them here: http://forum.pokesav.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1130

Unfortunately, a combination of poor information and forgetting in part how trash bytes work led me to ask those questions. I forgot that not all pokemon have the special trash byte strings (which answers my first question). My second question was asked because I thought COM added trash byte support in pokesav DP (which I believe is true, from fiddling around just now with a kyogre).

Unfortunately, a combination of poor information and forgetting in part how trash bytes work led me to ask those questions. I forgot that not all pokemon have the special trash byte strings (which answers my first question). My second question was asked because I thought COM added trash byte support in pokesav DP (which I believe is true, from fiddling around just now with a kyogre).

As for #2, yes and no. He made it so Pokesav wouldn't clear them if you don't explicitly edit the trash bytes out, but he didn't include any way to automatically fix pokemon that had previously been stripped of trash bytes (a problem that would not have happened had it not been for his initial bug).

Will re-ask my question because no one seems to realize it's there...

I just read the Legality Checker page on the main site, and i'm wondering what's the difference between the PCJP event (common restricted) and the Pokemon Center Japan event (both restricted and unrestricted)? I assume both of them are Japanese, but which one is what ? Or perhaps can anyone give an example of each event?

Will re-ask my question because no one seems to realize it's there...

I just read the Legality Checker page on the main site, and i'm wondering what's the difference between the PCJP event (common restricted) and the Pokemon Center Japan event (both restricted and unrestricted)? I assume both of them are Japanese, but which one is what ? Or perhaps can anyone give an example of each event?

All Pokemon Center Japanese Events (Gotta Catch Em all, the event was called), from GBA, must be restricted.

Hi!

I have all the starters (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile, Treeko ecc.) from previous Pokémon games, they are all legal/legit (no cheat) and I transferred them into Pokémon Platinum with Pal Park. Then I check these Pokémon with Legality Checker vB54-5, Trashbyte was Invalid, I normalize them with a previous version of TrashByte program and finally with Legality Checker vB54-5 they were considered legal/legit.

Now Legality Checker vB54-8 tell me that Trashbyte is Invalid, and the new Trashbyte program crashes when loaded. What is the problem?

hi everybody! As damio and sabresite are already aware of, I CANT GET THE LEGALITY CHECKER TO WORK. Now, damio and sabre did an good job of trying to figure out what's wrong, but it's still not working!

If anyone who reads this uses legal.exe on a regular basis, please help me out and pm me!

Mods- i posted this here because no has responded to my "guide to legal.exe, trash byte normalizer, and IV/PID Program" thread. This post is not intended to get this thread off topic!

EDIT: Alright so i found that online legality checker, but is it a proper substitute? Also, if anyone uses the trash byte normalizer regularly, pm me!

Edited by damio

Hi!

I have all the starters (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile, Treeko ecc.) from previous Pokémon games, they are all legal/legit (no cheat) and I transferred them into Pokémon Platinum with Pal Park. Then I check these Pokémon with Legality Checker vB54-5, Trashbyte was Invalid, I normalize them with a previous version of TrashByte program and finally with Legality Checker vB54-5 they were considered legal/legit.

Now Legality Checker vB54-8 tell me that Trashbyte is Invalid, and the new Trashbyte program crashes when loaded. What is the problem?

vB54-5 didn't support Platinum trash bytes.

That is the problem.

If you look in Save Editing Research and Development, find my trash byte fixer. It should work and fix them up for you