I am sorry, I was not aware of this, I thought it changed. I thought it changes based on the hometown it was gathered from. I assume then that the 0x44 is set in Platinum/HG-SS and is the same as the normal location based on whatever the WC is. Can someone verify if 0x44 is set or not, because I haven't checked any WC pkm myself and I am not home now.

I used a program to generate the WC information, so as soon as I get home, I can rerun it and it will fix it all.

So, you're saying that if you obtain an event in Pearl or Soul Silver, Legal.exe will show it as hacked for the time being?

Strange. My NZ Jirachi, obtained in Pearl, showed up as legit, while my Susumu Mew, obtained in Soul Silver, showed up as hacked.

Yes, but even without Mew being in the legality checker, I can alerady know it's a hack.

Normally, when you get an Event that got an event Ribbon, like Premier Ribbon or Classic Ribbon, it should tell the game wich description to put on that ribbon, provided it is a legal Pokémon.

However, once I picked the Mew from the Pokémart with the code I got on the event contributions thread, it had the wrong ribbon text (I compared the Japanese text with the correct text found on the internet, and it wasn't the right one.)

I didn't add mew to legality checker. I have been busy with school work. As soon as I get time, I will make a nice update to Legality Checker :)

Are you going to update with Nok Manaphy and Rayquaza too? They appear hacked in Legal still.

Yes, but even without Mew being in the legality checker, I can alerady know it's a hack.

Normally, when you get an Event that got an event Ribbon, like Premier Ribbon or Classic Ribbon, it should tell the game wich description to put on that ribbon, provided it is a legal Pokémon.

However, once I picked the Mew from the Pokémart with the code I got on the event contributions thread, it had the wrong ribbon text (I compared the Japanese text with the correct text found on the internet, and it wasn't the right one.)

The ribbon text is NOT kept on the Pokemon itself. Its somewhere else in the save file. I suppose its possible that a bad PCD could change the text of the ribbons.

I will do hex comparison with the different mew PCDs that I have. Also, I never use AR codes, so I cannot vouch for how accurate the codes are.

Are you going to update with Nok Manaphy and Rayquaza too? They appear hacked in Legal still.

Yes I will. That will come with the update to everything else. I will probably do this tonight or tomorrow night.

The ribbon text is NOT kept on the Pokemon itself. Its somewhere else in the save file. I suppose its possible that a bad PCD could change the text of the ribbons.

I will do hex comparison with the different mew PCDs that I have. Also, I never use AR codes, so I cannot vouch for how accurate the codes are.

... I know that.

If you receive a LEGIT event that got that ribbon, it tells the game what text is supposed to be on that ribbon.

... I know that.

If you receive a LEGIT event that got that ribbon, it tells the game what text is supposed to be on that ribbon.

I highly doubt that; can you confirm it?

The fact is that a/the game does not know what is legit, or even what is legal. GAMEFREAK did not know however many years ago what events would be given out today and in the future...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9498291&postcount=1310

I don't know if it applies to Premier Ribbon, but why shouldn't it?

The game doesn't know what text to show on that Ribbon until something tells it.

What? You're relying on Serebii for Pokemon Legality info? Really?

I wouldn't trust Serebii members to have accurate event info. They listen to Secure for God's sake.

Edited by Ellie

What? You're relying on Serebii for Pokemon Legality info? Really?

I wouldn't trust Serebii members to have accurate event info. They listen to Secure for God's sake.

That information is true, for that he checked it personally.

SkittyOnWailord is everything but a noob, I can assure you.
Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord

In adition, one of my friends knows the guy that made Pokesav and he said that it doesn't work with Korean games. So they can't be cloned either.

...this SOW person said that Korean Savs don't open in PokeSav, when they do. He also seems to think Cloning is impossible without PokeSav...

He may not be a total noob but he's somewhere up there with the rest. He's obviously the last person I'd ask for this info.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it the save file itself and not the pokemon? Either way I did notice it before but never really thought about it. Pokesav doesn't have the support to set the correct flags for ribbons. DSPokeEdit is the only save tool that I know of that was/is able to set the text flags for ribbons.

Where can I get DSPokeEdit? I can't find it at all, even on Google.