pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edited ROMs can only be played on exploited consoles. Please do not ask (nor private message me) how to obtain/dump/decrypt/unpack/repack ROMs as that is unrelated to the functionality of this pr

Ask GameFreak.

you need to dump the title keys from lockpick_RCM again

Posted Images

Hey guys, I need some help with my Switch, pkNX and the DLC´s and the newest version of pokemon. 

1. I can´t turn on my switch without a payload anymore, so I can´t go online without using Hekate 5.5.1 as a payload and accessing OFW through the menu. To get this problem i used Lockpick-rcm.bin first as a payload and after this i used an older version of hekate because i didn´t know i had an older version, after that i tried accessing a old version of atmosphere (all of my modding stuff was from march this year) 
after this my switch won´t turn on normally. 

2. I used the new version of pkNX, I dumped the Base RomFS, ExeFS. The update romfs, both dlc romfs. pkNX invalid folder/unable to recognize game data. So if take out the DLC roms out of the big RomFS folder it says that there are parts of part missing. What can I do? 

What am I doing wrong, what could I do better? It´s so hard to mod Pokemon sword, because all of the tutorials are outdated. 
Thank you already for your help! 

On 12/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, jlaine3333 said:

I've figured out on my own how to edit the moves in swsh using a text editor but it's incredibly tedious. if you'd like the information i've gathered on the subject to help with adding this feature, i'm prepared to help.

Have you figured out how to add move effects like giving normal moves +1 priority?

On 12/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, jlaine3333 said:

I've figured out on my own how to edit the moves in swsh using a text editor but it's incredibly tedious. if you'd like the information i've gathered on the subject to help with adding this feature, i'm prepared to help.

Absolutely yes please! Tedious is way better than what we currently have which is nothing lol.

1 hour ago, JonnyDros said:

Absolutely yes please! Tedious is way better than what we currently have which is nothing lol.

I've started to mess around with it yesterday and it's mostly straightforward. All the moves are located in a folder called waza and you can find their corresponding id on bulbapedia. For bp and accuracy all you need to do is replace the hex value with desired one, same goes for the secondary effect so you can have ice beam 100% freeze etc. What I haven't figured out is how to add effect or replace with effect in different category, like giving ice beam +1 priority or raise speed, and i suspect this info is stored somewhere else and probably why they haven't rolled out move editing in pknx, cause without it the amount of things you can do is pretty limited.

18 minutes ago, rotivdik said:

I've started to mess around with it yesterday and it's mostly straightforward. All the moves are located in a folder called waza and you can find their corresponding id on bulbapedia. For bp and accuracy all you need to do is replace the hex value with desired one, same goes for the secondary effect so you can have ice beam 100% freeze etc. What I haven't figured out is how to add effect or replace with effect in different category, like giving ice beam +1 priority or raise speed, and i suspect this info is stored somewhere else and probably why they haven't rolled out move editing in pknx, cause without it the amount of things you can do is pretty limited.

Much appreciated! Not having easy access to adding effects is definitely a bummer for now, but even the basics of BP, ACC, and effect chance are way more than enough to fix up some moves in dire need of a boost. Thanks alot! Are tweaking the hex values straightforward?

9 minutes ago, JonnyDros said:

Much appreciated! Not having easy access to adding effects is definitely a bummer for now, but even the basics of BP, ACC, and effect chance are way more than enough to fix up some moves in dire need of a boost. Thanks alot! Are tweaking the hex values straightforward?

Yep, all you need is a converter like rapidtables. Was thinking of starting a tutorial on gamebanana with what i got but im a little lazy after finishing my term paper lol.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, rotivdik said:

Yep, all you need is a converter like rapidtables. Was thinking of starting a tutorial on gamebanana with what i got but im a little lazy after finishing my term paper lol.

Hello, do you mind PM me or teaching us here how to edit MOVES using the Text or Hex editors? I really need this to finish my hackrom. 

• 2 weeks later...