Pokesav on the DSi.

Kissfuldreamer

Hey guys, I no longer have my DS Lite, and I just got a DSi. My problem is I was used to using Pokesav with my action replay on Diamond, and now the AR is no longer compatible with the DSi. They still haven't made a AR for the DSi, so is there any other way to use Pokesav with Platinum on the DSi? I know you can use R4's and stuff but they dont have any legit ones made for the DSi either. Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it is help please?

Hey guys, I no longer have my DS Lite, and I just got a DSi. My problem is I was used to using Pokesav with my action replay on Diamond, and now the AR is no longer compatible with the DSi. They still haven't made a AR for the DSi, so is there any other way to use Pokesav with Platinum on the DSi? I know you can use R4's and stuff but they dont have any legit ones made for the DSi either. Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it is help please?

Why'd you get the DSi? It was already known that no flashcarts or other devices are compatible with DSi yet.

Actually there are several Flash Carts known to work on the DSi:

AceKard2i.

DSTTi.

R4i It's possibly fake.

Cyclo team has made a break through, but i have no knowledge whether, if the product is avaliable for purchasing.

Are you able to run Homebrew off the DSi directly using the SD Card?

Plasma: Are you not able to back-up the savefile onto the SD Card and edit it that way?
Im really happy you said that because I was just about to ask about it. Since the DSi now has an SD slot, can I just put in a regular SD card, and use that with Pokesav? I've never used a card or Flash Cart, I've always had AR, so all this stuff is a little new to me.

I wonder how you got on the official cyclods site... it's been offline for a week or two for me. :(

Jupp, forums still bugged. Once they fix their forums, we can check announcements and see if they plan/when they plan to release a chip that works with DSi. One thing that I find exciting is that the new DSi probably has hardware to be able to run GBA games from the SD slot, thus having the official SD slot gives you much more space (what, like 200gb instead of the standard 2gb micro cards) and you can probably play GBA games now too. I can't wait to see what team cyclo plans are for the DSi, I hope they will support it -it would be awesome!

So is there no possible way at all to utilize the DSis new sd card slot to use pokesav? Pokemon is the only game I cheat on, and its only to get the pokemon I can't get in the game, so I don't want to have to buy a flash cart or an older ds unless I absolutely have to.

AceKard2i.

DSTTi.

R4i It's possibly fake.

Cyclo team has made a break through, but i have no knowledge whether, if the product is avaliable for purchasing.

True but will the flashcarts keep after a few Firmware updates? :bidoof:

True but will the flashcarts keep after a few Firmware updates? :bidoof:

i think firmware update will not affect the use of flashcart ...

some people on the net have already tried it and it works perfectly under the newest firmware ...

if somehow the nintendo's firmware update in the future makes the flashcart unusable, then i am sure that the developer of the flashcart will make new "firmware update" on their cart >_< ....

AceKard2i.

DSTTi.

R4i It's possibly fake.

R4i is obviously fake because the R4 team stopped making them back in 08. all r4 on the markets like SDHC comp. are fake

there is EZ-Flash Vi too

which is good since it has a updateable kernel

Just a heads up: Some users of the newest batches of Acekard 2i have reported a bricked flashcart (the Acekard 2i bricks completely, rendering it useless) while playing certain games including Pokemon Platinum on the flashcart. This does not affect save backup using a WiFi backup tool, however.

See details: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149100

Because this is likely a hardware problem, I'd stay away from the AK2i until this problem is confirmed resolved.