Jump to content
Scried

Upcoming 3DS Themes

Recommended Posts

I've been lurking on this site for many years, but never actually made an account. Today I thought I would finally change that because I have some news I wanted to share with you. You probably already know Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver will release on September 22 on the 3DS Virutal Console. Amazon Japan recently opened up pre-orders for the boxed edition of these games and it states that with it, you will get a special 3DS Theme which roughly translates to "Pocket Monsters Gold · Silver - People's Theme". Source: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?field-keywords=B07599P5H2|B0758ZJ6Q4

There are currently no public images of this 3DS Theme available, but since I couldn't wait I went and found out myself. After some digging I found out that there currently are 3 Pokémon Gold & Silver themes uploaded to Nintendo's CDN, all are uploaded to the JP, US and EU regions:

Pokemon - Pokémon Gold Version

Pokémon - Pokémon Silver Version

Pokémon Gold-Silver - Cast

gold.png.3d416dca4d4b93f8508b9f2cbaeb99e5.png silver.png.d8392074e3ef99ac20aa55ed5b5dec6c.png 59ac75add4f57_goldsilver.png.e0b036d840997ad13778043b8d7075c3.png

Top image type: Static
Bottom image type: Scrolling

Top image type: Static
Bottom image type: Scrolling

Top image type: Scrolling
Bottom image type: Scrolling

Background Music: Main Title Theme

Background Music: Main Title Theme

Background Music: Gym Theme

Has artwork of Ho-oh at the top and
artwork of various Pokémon at the bottom

Has artwork of Lugia at the top and
artwork of various Pokémon at the bottom

Has artwork of the 8 gym leaders at the top and artwork
of various main characters and trainer classes at the bottom


It looks like the theme Amazon Japan is talking about is the third one and it is currently unknown on how to get this theme in the US and EU. It is also unknown on how to obtain the first two themes at all in any region. Normally you are able to buy themes thought the 3DS Theme Shop, but there are some themes which are pre-order/special edition of hard- or software exclusive. We will just have to wait and see on how to get them, but we at least know there will most likely be a way to get them in all regions.

That's it, hope you like them as much as I do! ^_^

Update (20 sept.):
Since all of these now are publicly available I have removed the spoiler I posted the images in previously. We now also know how you will get some of these themes.

The Gold and Silver themes were officially revealed after September 13th's Nintendo Direct and you will be able to get them by buying the games on the Nintendo eShop in JP and US. I do also think this is the case in the EU but I cannot find any information about this and I cannot confirm this myself. The download code will appear on the eShop reciet (together with a Celebi code for Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon). It seems like in order to get these themes, you have to buy the game directly from the eShop itself. There appears to be no code for these 2 themes (and Celebi) on the reciet if you buy a code from a retailer (ex. Amazon) and activate it yourself, which is rather weird. How this is done with the codes in the boxed copies of the game in JP and EU is currently not clear. If you happen to have a Japanese 3DS though, you will also be able to get these themes though MyNintendo Japan, both themes cost 20 gold coins each.

The third "cast" theme is not officially revealed yet, but it turns out that if you are in the US and also buy a code though Amazon and pre-load in on your 3DS, you will find a code for this theme on your reciet instead, just as with Amazon Japan. It appears that this is the only code on the eShop reciet though, so no Gold or Silver theme (and no Celebi code). It is currently not known on how to get this theme in EU.

Edited by Scried
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too! I plan to buy a boxed copy of Silver and hope a code for the Lugia theme is included. It's a shame that they had to use the blue gradient to make the background image of the third theme loop. I do like that it uses some of Sugimori's older artwork though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone is unaware about this trick.

If you guys wanna get a "discount" on these for NA, set your eShop Location as Alberta if you're in Canada or New Hampshire for the US. (Works for Switch as well!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I like what've they done with Ho-oh and Lugia themes! (The trainer one is kinda meh)

My exact sentiments. :). Except...

 

3 hours ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

I mean, the colour scheme on these looks uugh, especially the bottom screen

Well... The trainer one is uugh but the top screens of the first two are fine.

There is too much going on in the theme,however.

2 hours ago, Holla! said:

In case anyone is unaware about this trick.

If you guys wanna get a "discount" on these for NA, set your eShop Location as Alberta if you're in Canada or New Hampshire for the US. (Works for Switch as well!)

Wow! Nice,thanks. :D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally preordered the Japan Silver (for my Japanese 2DS).

hopefully, a celebi code comes together.

imagine the horror, If the Celebi code is only for digital purchase 

 

(Mew serial code was given to physical Pokemon 2DS purchase, and also purchase of VC on eshop, if I'm not mistaken)

  • Ditto 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I totally preordered the Japan Silver (for my Japanese 2DS).

hopefully, a celebi code comes together.

imagine the horror, If the Celebi code is only for digital purchase 

 

(Mew serial code was given to physical Pokemon 2DS purchase, and also purchase of VC on eshop, if I'm not mistaken)

Ditto, 'cept for the preorder.

Hopefully, I won't have to buy it. *tee hee*

I'll hack it in... :D. So wows,like a Doge theSlayer. Like a Doge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

Ditto, 'cept for the preorder.

Hopefully, I won't have to buy it. *tee hee*

I'll hack it in... :D. So wows,like a Doge theSlayer. Like a Doge.

 

Im buying it for the physical items, actually. ><

getting the themes and games isn't a hard thing to do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

 

Im buying it for the physical items, actually. ><

getting the themes and games isn't a hard thing to do..

Are you in the US? I'm interested in buying physical copies just for the nice shelf display. Even if I have to import them from Europe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm presently not in the US (in Australia right now), and apparently Amazon Japan ships to here.  ><

Are you from the land down unda, mate? Cause if you are, I'm gonna make so many terrible Aussie jokes.

Also, somebody above mentioned getting themes for free. Are there a lot of Pokemon themes? I use the black theme but it would be nice to buy all the Pokemon related themes and get the unavailable ones elsewhere. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Are you from the land down unda, mate? Cause if you are, I'm gonna make so many terrible Aussie jokes.

Also, somebody above mentioned getting themes for free. Are there a lot of Pokemon themes? I use the black theme but it would be nice to buy all the Pokemon related themes and get the unavailable ones elsewhere. ;) 

There is a way but I'm not too sure if it can be shared so here is a hint 
Reddit ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Are you from the land down unda, mate? Cause if you are, I'm gonna make so many terrible Aussie jokes.

Also, somebody above mentioned getting themes for free. Are there a lot of Pokemon themes? I use the black theme but it would be nice to buy all the Pokemon related themes and get the unavailable ones elsewhere. ;) 


I'm not from down unda, but will be staying here for a while~

There's quite a bit.
Off the top of my head,
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Green (JP only I think)
Pokemon Yellow
Shiny Tapu Koko
Guzma and Golisopod
Red VS Green/Blue [basically the rival]

Whoa.
check here: https://www.serebii.net/games/themes.shtml

 

43 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

There is a way but I'm not too sure if it can be shared so here is a hint 
Reddit ;)


Yup, piracy can't be mentioned here~

  • Like 1
  • Relieved 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I totally preordered the Japan Silver (for my Japanese 2DS).

hopefully, a celebi code comes together.

imagine the horror, If the Celebi code is only for digital purchase 

 

(Mew serial code was given to physical Pokemon 2DS purchase, and also purchase of VC on eshop, if I'm not mistaken)

I got to pre-order a European boxed version of Silver, but the Celebi code you talk about, I assume it's a code for Sun/Moon? I know there was a Mew event where you got a code for XY/ORAS when you bought RGBY, but there was also an Mew event for RGBY in JP and EU where they traded you a Mew. Don't know why it was not released in the US, but it would be awesome if they did this again but now for a Celebi.

5 hours ago, HaxAras said:

Are you in the US? I'm interested in buying physical copies just for the nice shelf display. Even if I have to import them from Europe. 

Oh yeah, I forgot that the boxed copies are only coming to JP and EU. It is better than what they did with the boxed copies of RGBY, which only released in JP, but it's a shame the US got left out (again?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scried said:

I got to pre-order a European boxed version of Silver, but the Celebi code you talk about, I assume it's a code for Sun/Moon? I know there was a Mew event where you got a code for XY/ORAS when you bought RGBY, but there was also an Mew event for RGBY in JP and EU where they traded you a Mew. Don't know why it was not released in the US, but it would be awesome if they did this again but now for a Celebi.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the boxed copies are only coming to JP and EU. It is better than what they did with the boxed copies of RGBY, which only released in JP, but it's a shame the US got left out (again?). 


There's signs on their server denoting they're planning to release a Celebi Serial Code event, (for Sun/Moon).
Yeah, the comparison would be akin to the XYORAS code of Mew when purchasing RGBY

US will probably get it, just that news is slow? (or maybe they won't get it *gasps*)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 1:50 AM, wrathsoffire76 said:

There is a way but I'm not too sure if it can be shared so here is a hint 
Reddit ;)

͡° ͜ʖ ͡° No mention.So wow. No Lenny. Much Lie.

On 9/4/2017 at 2:34 AM, theSLAYER said:

Yup, piracy can't be mentioned here~

Excuse me,Mister?

You peoples are ALWAYS hacking the files out. But WE can't mention a custom Luma theme? l have a great idea for a link to express how I'm feeling. Starts with "G3ng4r's List" and ends with "um... certain words." Yes,certain. That's better. :D Nah, I'm not really mad at all or anything. Just a tad bothered by it. :) yes. keep smiling,now.

@wrathsoffire76 @theSLAYER

 

Some said I posted like 4 chan with all the spaces. What's that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Got_Eevees said:

͡° ͜ʖ ͡° No mention.So wow. No Lenny. Much Lie.

Excuse me,Mister?

You peoples are ALWAYS hacking the files out. But WE can't mention a custom Luma theme? l have a great idea for a link to express how I'm feeling. Starts with "G3ng4r's List" and ends with "um... certain words." Yes,certain. That's better. :D Nah, I'm not really mad at all or anything. Just a tad bothered by it. :) yes. keep smiling,now.

@wrathsoffire76 @theSLAYER

 

Some said I posted like 4 chan with all the spaces. What's that?

  

I wasn't referring to custom made luma theme.

I was referring to downloading the actual theme without buying, and then installing it.

(Also, when I expressed that, I was being tricky, Not authoritative. Thought you would enjoy some humour).

 

The issue isn't that we hack data, but where is the source of the data we hacK.

 

no idea about the 4chan thing you're referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

  

I wasn't referring to custom made luma theme.

I was referring to downloading the actual theme without buying, and then installing it.

(Also, when I expressed that, I was being tricky, Not authoritative. Thought you would enjoy some humour).

 

The issue isn't that we hack data, but where is the source of the data we hacK.

 

no idea about the 4chan thing you're referring to.

I was also trying to be funny. And really? Hm. I don't get the "4chan" thing.

EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT:

Project Pokemon on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOV0c2b0wQ

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

  

I wasn't referring to custom made luma theme.

I was referring to downloading the actual theme without buying, and then installing it.

(Also, when I expressed that, I was being tricky, Not authoritative. Thought you would enjoy some humour).

 

The issue isn't that we hack data, but where is the source of the data we hacK.

 

no idea about the 4chan thing you're referring to.

FURTHER DETAIL:

Oh. No doing that then. :/. I guess we "gotta support the creators".

*sigh* I know. I was also trying to be humorous by doing the "I'm not bothered at all. (Sarcastically) and keep smiling :)." (I was only bothered a tad,no worries.)

*sigh*....  anyways, has a new method been found yet to Homebrew a 3ds on the 11.4?

@theSLAYER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theSLAYER

YouTube! Fame!

and I'm on 11.3.

No Homebrew,Luma,Sky3ds, or anything else EVER done. (Except Powersaves,which only deals with the cart. And only because, "I weally wanted shiny Pokemons pwease.")

This is my first time.

I need help please. I'm NOT kidding. I've spent nights and days for over half a year trying to do this... ;-; halp me....

Will NTRboot work? If so,could you please link a guide?(Again, I'm vanilla. Yes, laugh in my  face because you people are impeccable hackers. :/. Yeah,don't do that. xD *sigh* :3 be nice,be happy)

Yesterday was my birthday!

  • Hahaha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Got_Eevees If you want to install custom firmware, follow the guide on http://3ds.guide. Since you are still on 11.3 it will be easy. I needed to install CFW on the 3DS of my cousin which was on 11.4, so I had to buy a DSi game and do a system transfer. It took some time but it got the job done. However, recently it was discovered that you can install CFW on any 3DS and on all version by only using an old NDS flashcard and a magnet, which is pretty nice. :)

@theSLAYER *snipped*

  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Scried said:

@Got_Eevees If you want to install custom firmware, follow the guide on http://3ds.guide. Since you are still on 11.3 it will be easy. I needed to install CFW on the 3DS of my cousin which was on 11.4, so I had to buy a DSi game and do a system transfer. It took some time but it got the job done. However, recently it was discovered that you can install CFW on any 3DS and on all version by only using an old NDS flashcard and a magnet, which is pretty nice. :)

I agree.  Here is a related article: 

 

  • Amazed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...