Speculation: Chances of various unreleased Pokémon being released.

coltonsmogon

1 minute ago, zeropain said:

Good point. But we can just use another save file when the first one gets filled up entirely with event Pokemon. Use another one if the second is full and so on.

Or we can just make a zip file like @theSLAYER is doing it for Gen 6 and 7?

I dont see a problem extending the event gallery, but i think maintaining save/zip files are much more easier. Just my opinion.

It becomes inconvenient after a while though, so that is why both I and @theSLAYER proposed this decision in the first place... However, the only way we move forward with this is @evandixon's way...

Edited by coltonsmogon

@coltonsmogon Part of the decision will be based on the ability to automatically update the gallery and what we already have.  Future publishes will be based on projectpokemon's github events gallery.
With that said, what might be more widely adopted would be PKHex compatible importable boxes.  We can always do both.

@zeropain Regarding zip files, you can always download an archive of the github events gallery

1 minute ago, Sabresite said:

@coltonsmogon Part of the decision will be based on the ability to automatically update the gallery and what we already have.  Future publishes will be based on projectpokemon's github events gallery.
With that said, what might be more widely adopted would be PKHex compatible importable boxes.  We can always do both

Again, @evandixon will be the one to decide how we move forward with this decision... Although you do have a point...

Speaking of legit pokemon, both the github gallery, and the archive on our site will be updated and cleaned out using the newest legality information we have.  Once that is done and legality analysis research is complete, we will (try) to declassify pokemon as we are given rights to by their respective owners.

2 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Speaking of legit pokemon, both the github gallery, and the archive on our site will be updated and cleaned out using the newest legality information we have.  Once that is done and legality analysis research is complete, we will (try) to declassify pokemon as we are given rights to by their respective owners.

This needs to be done regularly to weed out (& keep out) illegitimates... I'm up to this as well...

Edited by coltonsmogon

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

For now, I've decided to upload some Gen 3 Pokemon first (though it won't be visible to public yet)[also, I should be sleeping right now].

Capture.PNG

I don't have distribution/flavour text up yet though,
probably will go insane when it comes to getting a format up.

Looking good so far... Watch that space, people...

1 minute ago, Sabresite said:

@theSLAYER Are these from @InsaneNutter's save? Because I am still weeding through all of our old archives and galleries.

Remember that the majority of attachments were borked due to a hack...

EDIT: Dernit, @theSLAYER, you were faster than me...

Edited by coltonsmogon

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think another problem is that,
a majority of the Gen 3 Pokemon were already Palparked,
so for now I'll deal with Gen 3 Pokemon in Gen 3 format -> Gen 3 Event Gallery.

Yeah, that could be a little problematic... But at least it's easier to do...

Edited by coltonsmogon

What about events that are ''touched''? Meaning they are not in their original distribution state? Will they be uploaded to the event gallery as well?

9 minutes ago, zeropain said:

What about events that are ''touched''? Meaning they are not in their original distribution state? Will they be uploaded to the event gallery as well?

That'll have to be up to the admins, but I'm thinking the untouched ones will most likely be the only ones up at the new event gallery page for this generation.

I prefer untouched event Pokemon, but if we just have the touched ones for a particular event, then i guess its better than nothing or?

My take is, touched is better than not having it at all.

I'll probably attempt to revert it back to the original state though, which isn't too hard.
(Change moves, remove EVs, reduce level).

Or is that action considered making things worse?

Anyhow, if we decide to implement gen 3 event gallery,
it'll probably look like this:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

That is technically making them worse (and possibly making them illegit as well). Also, since there's a Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi in the Gen 4 gallery, shouldn't there also be one just like it in the new Gen 3 gallery as well? So I say thus we keep them as they are when they came to us, & if someone sends us a real untouched one of these, the entries for them would be updated by you guys, the admins/mods.

EDIT: [offtopic] 69 posts? Dear god... [/offtopic]

Edited by coltonsmogon

12 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

That is technically making them worse (and possibly making them illegit as well).

Lol, there's no way I'll make something illegal.
I check records on the Pokemon before doing any chance.

12 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Also, since there's a Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi in the Gen 4 gallery, shouldn't there also be one just like it in the new Gen 3 gallery as well?

Erm, we haven't even completely set up, (or even decided) to go with a Gen 3 Event Gallery, relax.
Plus, we must have a Gen 3 file to do so. (or should I put a gen 4 file there?)

13 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

if someone sends us a real untouched one of these, the entries for them would be updated by you guys, the admins/mods.

Sounds almost like wishful thinking. If we get it, we get it.         [Sherlock's voice rings in your head: It is what it is]

Well it is going to be a lot of work.

Going to need to think up of a format for the flavour text.
Very tempted to not go with any.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Interesting Pokemon we are missing:

1. Shiny Celebi

But then this Celebi wouldn't be quite as special.  Unless it was the same one...  *starts waiting for a Main Series/Mystery Dungeon crossover*

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Any thoughts @evandixon?

I can add sections for other generations if you want, just let me know what language sub-sections we'll need.  As for the Gen 3 section, should I make it public now (and if yes, do you want any sub-sections for it)?

3 minutes ago, evandixon said:

But then this Celebi wouldn't be quite as special.  Unless it was the same one...  *starts waiting for a Main Series/Mystery Dungeon crossover*

I can add sections for other generations if you want, just let me know what language sub-sections we'll need.  As for the Gen 3 section, should I make it public now (and if yes, do you want any sub-sections for it)?

If only a main series and dungeon crossover can happen, but could the older dungeon games pokemon be brought forward?
Not that I recall right?

Yeah for now we can public the Gen 3, sub-sections are:
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese.

@Sabresite
If you got any Gen 3 Pokemon approved besides the ones in the Insanenutters save,
do PM them to me, and I'll upload them when I can.

Any opinions on what to do with Gen 3 events in PK4 format?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If only a main series and dungeon crossover can happen, but could the older dungeon games pokemon be brought forward?
Not that I recall right?

The main series's world has Pokémon in a lower social class of sorts.  I doubt that the Pokémon in the Pokémon world would even want to come to a human-run world (unless it was your partner, but the player would likely shield the partner from that sort of thing.)

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah for now we can public the Gen 3, sub-sections are:
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese.

Added the sub-categories, made them public, and moved the existing events to the appropriate sections.  Let me know if you need anything else.

1 minute ago, evandixon said:

The main series's world has Pokémon in a lower social class of sorts.  I doubt that the Pokémon in the Pokémon world would even want to come to a human-run world (unless it was your partner, but the player would likely shield the partner from that sort of thing.)

Yeah that's true, when crossing over, it may not be that enjoyable an experience.

I meant can an older dungeon game Pokemon be transferred to a newer dungeon game, no right?

2 minutes ago, evandixon said:

Added the sub-categories, made them public, and moved the existing events to the appropriate sections.  Let me know if you need anything else.

I was thinking of Gen 1 and Gen 2 categories,
with only English and Japanese Sub-sections first.