Jump to content
Invader TAK

research Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

Recommended Posts

On 12/23/2016 at 11:36 PM, Sabresite said:

We technically don't.  We know how every BACD is generated.  I'll be happy to lay it out and @Bond697 can correct me if I am wrong.
I'll list these by rand call:

PIDL, PIDH, IV1, IV2, Held Item, OTG/Game

OTG/Item is calculated by:


rand() >> 7 & 1

.
And if the PID turns out shiny, then the whole thing is started again with another 16bit seed.

Good to know!

On 12/23/2016 at 11:37 PM, Bond697 said:

When I was given the 10ANNIV rom 3 1/2 years ago, the person who gave it to me asked me not to give it out or anything to preserve the cart's value. The same goes for a few others. Some of the stuff isn't even private, there just hasn't been anyone who has really cared, as far as I knew.  Like this for example:

RvdpwrA.png

 

It's an unreleased gen 3 event, METEOR Jirachi.  I found its multiboot rom in.. some game.  I've told people about it and given out archives, but nobody really seemed to care that much.  I spent awhile gathering the multiboot roms and checking them out and to be honest, I didn't realize there was much interest in them anymore until Sabresite mentioned them not too long ago.

 

Now you got me wondering what other event multiboot ROMs are hiding out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I think I got the order of OTG and Held Item might differ between wishmaker and other distributions.
It looks like wishmaker is Item then OTG, and 10 aniv is OTG then item. If we extrapolate that to other events that have random item and otg, then we should be able to find out the pattern (with enough pokemon).

@ajxpk, when you checked tanabata (2006) jirachi, are the OTG's on the 5th rand()?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

Actually I think I got the order of OTG and Held Item might differ between wishmaker and other distributions.
It looks like wishmaker is Item then OTG, and 10 aniv is OTG then item. If we extrapolate that to other events that have random item and otg, then we should be able to find out the pattern (with enough pokemon).

@ajxpk, when you checked tanabata (2006) jirachi, are the OTG's on the 5th rand()?

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something since the 10ANNIVs have no item.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bond697 said:

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something. 

I have a few gen 3 Jirachi events that are holding light balls. Maybe they recycled the data?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bond697 said:

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something since the 10ANNIVs have no item.

Actually, the 10ANNIV Pikachu is holding a Light Ball. And according to Bulbapedia, the US 10 ANIV Latias and Latios both hold Soul Dew.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Actually I think I got the order of OTG and Held Item might differ between wishmaker and other distributions.
It looks like wishmaker is Item then OTG, and 10 aniv is OTG then item. If we extrapolate that to other events that have random item and otg, then we should be able to find out the pattern (with enough pokemon).

@ajxpk, when you checked tanabata (2006) jirachi, are the OTG's on the 5th rand()?

Luckily I was able to collect tons of Japanese Event Pokémon still in Gen 3.

To your question...
Well the 2 (2006) Tanabata Jirachis I have, have the same Berry but different OT Gender. Maybe the Held Item has the priority?
Then the OTG would be on 6th rand(). I will check in a few moments and edit it in this post.

Edit:
Nope, seems to be something else.
And since I have only 2 of those I don't have anything to compare.
 

Edited by ajxpk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bond697 said:

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something since the 10ANNIVs have no item.

What would the best tools be to extract the multiboot roms from a cartridge if you dont mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Invader TAK said:

Actually, the 10ANNIV Pikachu is holding a Light Ball. And according to Bulbapedia, the US 10 ANIV Latias and Latios both hold Soul Dew.

Ohh, ok.  I was told none of them had items.  The one I was looking at was the lugia rom and that one has the light ball in it.  I'll have to pull out the other ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2016 at 4:25 AM, Invader TAK said:

Is the UK Shiny Zigzagoon the same as the one from the North America Version 14 and 16 Demo Discs? If so, then no one's gonna be bugging you for that one.

Yes. The cart is different from the others though, it's much bigger.

 

EDIT: Removed part where I said smaller carts could exist. It was a misunderstanding.

Edited by XJ55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bond697 said:

When I was given the 10ANNIV rom 3 1/2 years ago, the person who gave it to me asked me not to give it out or anything to preserve the cart's value. The same goes for a few others. Some of the stuff isn't even private, there just hasn't been anyone who has really cared, as far as I knew.  Like this for example:

RvdpwrA.png

 

It's an unreleased gen 3 event, METEOR Jirachi.  I found its multiboot rom in.. some game.  I've told people about it and given out archives, but nobody really seemed to care that much.  I spent awhile gathering the multiboot roms and checking them out and to be honest, I didn't realize there was much interest in them anymore until Sabresite mentioned them not too long ago.

 

Well, I do care about it!
Did anyone notice that it has the same TID as ネガイボシ?
How was it generated? What's the PID Method? It had Berries attached?
Where did you find it? Can I have the multiboot ROM?
I want to know everything! :D  

EDIT:
Just saw that the PID seems to be 0xD9199316, so this confirms at least that it is an Common GBA Event.
Also it was generated on the 1st rand(), unlike Negaiboshi who appears to be generated on the 3rd rand(). (Reasons are still unknown...)

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Well, I do care about it!
Did anyone notice that it has the same TID as ネガイボシ?
How was it generated? What's the PID Method? It had Berries attached?
Where did you find it? Can I have the multiboot ROM?
I want to know everything! :D  

Yeah I saw, so it's likely a mirrored event, wouldn't be the first time it happened.
 

2 hours ago, Bond697 said:

Ohh, ok.  I was told none of them had items.  The one I was looking at was the lugia rom and that one has the light ball in it.  I'll have to pull out the other ones.

Are there ways to assemble the ones ripped out from Gamecube games to run on VBA?

I found files with gba rom headers (pokechan.bin from Pokemon Channel disc, pokedownload.tgc from US bonus disc),
but been unable to get them to run on emus. (even after correcting the header checksum)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

What would the best tools be to extract the multiboot roms from a cartridge if you dont mind me asking?

I don't remember what I did anymore, actually, aside from pulling the roms out of the game cart.  I think I decompressed it, but I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Invader TAK Nice find on the soul dew, I completely missed that too.  I am sure @Bond697 will take a look and confirm the order and calculation.

@ajxpk Do you know of any other pokemon that are not generated on the first rand() like boshi? Also regarding METEOR, I think Bond said it was essentially a dev version of the wishmaker, so it is exactly the same except for the name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCJP03 Eggs. (Maybe Stamp too I can imagine, but I never had one of those and propably never will...)
They were generated same as Negaiboshi 3rd rand() and they even share the same Trash Bytes.
Which is kinda similar to what we've seen with the Mystery Mews just by the way.
So I think these Trash Bytes also seem to depend on which rand() they're generated on.
This could be another case of Event that would be hard to reconstruct unfortunately.
But I would be happy if I knew at least the Berry generation method of Negaiboshi.

Edited by ajxpk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Well, I do care about it!
Did anyone notice that it has the same TID as ネガイボシ?
How was it generated? What's the PID Method? It had Berries attached?
Where did you find it? Can I have the multiboot ROM?
I want to know everything! :D  

EDIT:
Just saw that the PID seems to be 0xD9199316, so this confirms at least that it is an Common GBA Event.
Also it was generated on the 1st rand(), unlike Negaiboshi who appears to be generated on the 3rd rand(). (Reasons are still unknown...)

This is the info for it:

bfRSilv.png

 

You can see the text is (poorly) translated and not localized. 

 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13004170/meteor_jirachi.zip

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bond697, 10 aniv and others are generated on the first frame, but negaiboshi and a few others, who use a similar generation method are generated on the 3rd frame. Any ideas for what could be on the first/second frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did another test with the 10ANNIV ROM with an Emerald save that hasn't obtained the National Dex. I was able to send Charizard over with no issues.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2016 at 1:39 PM, Bond697 said:

This is the info for it:

bfRSilv.png

 

You can see the text is (poorly) translated and not localized. 

 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13004170/meteor_jirachi.zip

 

@Bond697 Thank you very much! Finally I had time to look into it.
So the Berry of METEOR JIRACHI is always Salac Berry? Interesting.

@Sabresite Btw. Just for everyone to know...
My idea was that these frames Sabresite is talking about were used for the Berries and OTG... (last is maybe just a placeholder because Negaiboshi is always male anyway just like Wishmkr...)
This would at least kinda explain why pid low is generated with the 3rd rand(), which wouldn't make too much sense otherwise.
However it could be that this theory is debunked now. At least I can definitely say it was not rand() / 3 & 1 in this case.

Small note: Pokémon Box Eggs had full 16 bit Seeds too I remember.
But this was a unique case, I wondering what was used to generate them?
But this is maybe nothing too important.

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, I just realized something regarding the UK Shiny Zigzagoon cart. Will it send a Zigzagoon to a Ruby or Sapphire game with a battery? The North American Demo Discs don't.

Edited by Invader TAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Wait, I just realized something regarding the UK Shiny Zigzagoon cart. Will it send a Zigzagoon to a Ruby or Sapphire game with a battery? The North American Demo Discs don't.

The Zigzagoon from the demo disc can be send to RS with full battery, as long as you have free space in the party. You will just get a message that the battery don't have to be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackShark said:

The Zigzagoon from the demo disc can be send to RS with full battery, as long as you have free space in the party. You will just get a message that the battery don't have to be fixed.

I know. I was wondering if the UK Distro can send Zigzagoons to RS with DEAD batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC when I tried it, it worked: Is that the bonus disc for Pokemon Collosseum, in PAL? If I can find it, I could try it out :P

(I have the v16 demo disc too for NTSC-U, and Pokemon Collosseum NTSC-U)

 

EDIT: Oooh, it's a cart. Welp.

If anyone wishes to borrow my UK Ruby cart (I tried fixing the battery and ended up taking half the trace off, so no battery easily ;P), they can do so c:

Edited by PokeAcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ajxpk said:

@Bond697 Thank you very much! Finally I had time to look into it.
So the Berry of METEOR JIRACHI is always Salac Berry? Interesting.

@Sabresite Btw. Just for everyone to know...
My idea was that these frames Sabresite is talking about were used for the Berries and OTG... (last is maybe just a placeholder because Negaiboshi is always male anyway just like Wishmkr...)
This would at least kinda explain why pid low is generated with the 3rd rand(), which wouldn't make too much sense otherwise.
However it could be that this theory is debunked now. At least I can definitely say it was not rand() / 3 & 1 in this case.

Small note: Pokémon Box Eggs had full 32 bit Seeds too I remember.
But this was a unique case, I wondering what was used to generate them?
But this is maybe nothing too important.

salac or ganlon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...