Jump to content
Invader TAK

research Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Ammako said:

I'm just waiting to see the chaos on ebay from all those people making fake Mystry Mew distro cartridges, now that the save files have been publicly posted and shared.

;)

Way easier to do that than to make bootleg distro carts, and even that isn't going to happen (and honestly, you'd be naive to think that any current Mystry Mew cartridge showing up on ebay -didn't- have its save file dumped to be reused for a future save, if it wasn't already a fake.)

Bur I think we've already said everything there was to say. If at this point you still defend the point of view that it shouldn't go public when your only arguments are baseless worst case scenario assumptions that we can easily disprove, there is nothing more we can say that will change that.

 

Are there any save editors for Gen. III that let you view the trash bytes and that pose no risk of altering them, by the way? Every save editor I've used doesn't seem to display them and I'm not sure how they handle that.

Plus where are all the bootleg Gen IV and V distro carts? I've seen sites that sell reproduction DS games so it is possible to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Plus where are all the bootleg Gen IV and V distro carts? I've seen sites that sell reproduction DS games so it is possible to do.


Not just the fact that the carts are out there, but so are the roms.

Unless all the ones that can be seen are bootlegs (the crisp images says otherwise),
it seems that there are no carts because the demand for it may not be there.

I think that people who are aware of distro carts are likely informed enough to know about roms too..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:


Not just the fact that the carts are out there, but so are the roms.

Unless all the ones that can be seen are bootlegs (the crisp images says otherwise),
it seems that there are no carts because the demand for it may not be there.

I think that people who are aware of distro carts are likely informed enough to know about roms too..

And they likely have a DS Flash Cart to run the ROMs (and homebrew programs) themselves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

What is that link? Not Pastebin. Every single time I try to open it, Malwarebytes just completely blocks it. 

The ROM. I doubled up on the links to keep it more indirectly connected from the site due to the legality of roms in general. I don't want to put the site in any potential trouble.

If it makes you unsure about it being malicious, I can upload it elsewhere, but I've uploaded files before so I hope that would help the credibility.

 

Edit: Oh, well if it's being blocked regardless, I can put another link up.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

The ROM. I doubled up on the links to keep it more indirectly connected from the site due to the legality of roms in general. I don't want to put the site in any potential trouble.

If it makes you unsure about it being malicious, I can upload it elsewhere, but I've uploaded files before so I hope that would help the credibility.

It's not that I'm unsure. Malwarebytes blocks it on FireFox and Chrome. I couldn't figure out how to make a web exclusion. It's not really something I've ever looked into, why would I?

Spoiler

 

LnyzAYA.png


 

It would be more of a curiosity to me anyway I guess. I don't have a GBA flashcard and I learned a bit about GBA distro roms recently. The 10th anniv one needs a link cable and I can't really do that with an emulator or an R4. I also can't program or make tools so it would be useless to me there as well. But hopefully the people who can do those things can download it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly certain the VBA emulator has link cable emulation support. Though I mainly uploaded it for historical preservation, and for public knowledge, especially after I saw the demand for it from our researchers. A GBA everdrive will get the job done for those who want to use it if VBA doesn't work. Anyway, i put up two more links if the first one gives anyone trouble.

dfR7FH4.png

0TWUjF5.png

Note, I'm sorry if anyone didn't want this public, but I've been thinking hard about it for a while. I did pay a large amount of money for it so I understand that, but I honestly don't believe GBA distribution roms will make it that much easier to make counterfeits with than with DS distribution roms. It's 2016 and all pokemon distribution related data should be publicly available. We already started with posting our Mew saves regardless the obvious potential repercussions, so why stop now?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I'm fairly certain the VBA emulator has link cable emulation support. Though I mainly uploaded it for historical preservation, and for public knowledge, especially after I saw the demand for it from our researchers. A GBA everdrive will get the job done for those who want to use it if VBA doesn't work. Anyway, i put up two more links if the first one gives anyone trouble.

dfR7FH4.png

 

  Reveal hidden contents

0TWUjF5.png

 

Note, I'm sorry if anyone didn't want this public, but I've been thinking hard about it for a while. I did pay a large amount of money for it so I understand that, but I honestly don't believe GBA distribution roms will make it that much easier to make counterfeits with than with DS distribution roms. It's 2016 and all pokemon distribution related data should be publicly available. We already started with posting our Mew saves regardless the obvious potential repercussions, so why stop now?

Yeah, VBA has link support. I've just NEVER been able to get it to work properly. VBA is the most unstable program I've ever used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Yeah, VBA has link support. I've just NEVER been able to get it to work properly. VBA is the most unstable program I've ever used. 

Use VBA-M Beta 2 https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/

Or VBA-M Beta 3 (which I haven't tested yet) https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases

Link support was improved and is mostly stable now. Here's a tutorial for setting up multiplayer http://web.archive.org/web/20151006182128/http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-multiple-instances-of-vba-m?pid=7684

Thanks Deoxyz for that unexpected christmas gift!

And Merry Christmas everybody!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Use VBA-M Beta 2 https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/

Or VBA-M Beta 3 (which I haven't tested yet) https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases

Link support was improved and is mostly stable now. Here's a tutorial for setting up multiplayer http://web.archive.org/web/20151006182128/http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-multiple-instances-of-vba-m?pid=7684

Thanks Deoxyz for that unexpected christmas gift!

And Merry Christmas everybody!

Not to sound un-appreciative. But that newest version of VBA has already crashed on me when I tried to reset emulation. I tried to do a wired link between two instances of the program and it doesn't make any sense how this would work. 

With the instructions on how to use the Distro cart that I have, I don't see how it would work with VBA. 

VBA keeps crashing. You need to start the Distro cart and Then turn on and insert the other GBA game. And it just got all laggy and choppy. That usually happens to me after I've used it for a while and then I have to basically re-download it. I swear, that has to be one of the most poorly made programs I've ever used.

 

I'm just going to have to wait until I get an actual cart in my possession. No big deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

You need to start the Distro cart and Then turn on and insert the other GBA game.

So this distribution works identical to WISHMKR Jirachi? I thought I had to use the Mystery Gift menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW! 
Miracles DO happen!
Thank you very much! Merry Christmas @Deoxyz!


 

1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

So this distribution works identical to WISHMKR Jirachi? I thought I had to use the Mystery Gift menu.


It works in a similar way but in this case right here you in order to make it work you need the GBA BIOS.

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VBA/VBA-M do not support multiboot mode emulation. This should work:

1. Download the latest no$gba emulator. (nocashgba-w-v2.8d)

2. Download the bios file for gba and rename it to gba.rom

3. Place the gba.rom file where the no$gba.exe file is.

4. Open the no$gba file and then go to Options -> Emulator Setup. Now, set:

a) Reset/Startup Entrypoint -> GBA/NDS BIOS (Nintendo logo).

b) Number of Emulated Gameboys -> 2.

c) Link Gamepaks -> Gamepaks in all GBAs.

d) Link Cable Type -> Automatic.

6. After you are done with optimazing the settings, go to the no$gba screen and right click -> Link. This should open two gba screens.

7. At the top left, File -> Cartridge Menu (FileName).

8. Check the "Autostart Cartridge" option at the bottom left and choose the "1st machine" option right next to the "Autostart Cartridge" button.

9. Choose as "File name" the rom of the available Gen III games you want to send the pokemon to and click "Open".

10. Repeat the same procedure but this time choose the "2nd machine" option, UNcheck the "Autostart Cartridge" option and choose the GBA distribution rom you want.

11. All you have to do now is follow the steps for the multiboot mode activation. Hold START + SELECT to do so.

BE CAREFUL: You have to manually change the controls for each one of the emulated GBAs. The START + SELECT step should be done on the slave GBA aka the gba that emulates the pokemon game rom where the event pokemon are going to be sent to.

Thanks @Deoxyz for releasing this! I feel sorry for the people who paid serious money for the genuine gba distribution cartridges.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pMD said:

 

Thanks for releasing this! I feel sorry for the people who paid serious money for the genuine gba distribution cartridges.

I still don't see the problem. I'm honestly grateful. The less people who aren't serious videogame collectors like me, trying to buy these things the better. These are very expensive and the few of us willing to buy them could do with less competition. I also don't see this as de-valuing the carts. 

I can download gen 3 games online for free but that hasn't de-valued the physical carts or made me want to buy the physical ones any less. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hid those posts. Please do not distribute these. People who need to do the research (like myself for legality analysis) have already done it.

The assembly involved in generating the pokemon has already been posted for peer review.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to grab the ROM before the post got hidden. It's flashing to my GBA size EZ Flash 3-in-1 as I type this. I'm shaking because I never thought I'd see any of these ROMs release.

 

EDIT: It flashed and I was able to send a Latias to my LeafGreen!

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

I managed to grab the ROM before the post got hidden. It's flashing to my GBA size EZ Flash 3-in-1 as I type this. I'm shaking because I never thought I'd see any of these ROMs release.

 

EDIT: It flashed and I was able to send a Latias to my LeafGreen!

Glad to hear it's the real deal.

Couldn't get it working regardless of what emu I was using.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSLAYER said:

Glad to hear it's the real deal.

Couldn't get it working regardless of what emu I was using.

Now if the trash bytes all match the other 10th Anniversary distributions, then we could just modify this ROM and also use it to figure out the trash bytes of the missing MYSTRY Mews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theSLAYER try VBALink 1.8.! Works like a charm for me.
Very important! It needs the GBA BIOS in order to work.

Options > Emulator > Select BIOS file...
Options > Emulator > Use BIOS file > CHECK

If everything done right the GBA BIOS will pop up...
Image result for game boy advance bios gif
 

Edited by ajxpk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ajxpk said:

@theSLAYER try VBALink 1.8.! Works like a charm for me.

Options > Emulator > Select BIOS file...
Options > Emulator > Use BIOS file > CHECK

If everything done right the GBA BIOS will pop up...
Image result for game boy advance bios gif

i ended up using no$gba, since my vbalink dies on me. also my gamesave (receiving) had to be the second screen..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's kinda sad to hear that it didn't worked for you.
Yeah, that the game has to be opened with the 2nd VBALink is totally normal.
Because the 1st Player is the host mode while the 2nd Player is always in the receiver mode. 

The 2nd Player with the Pokémon Game inserted needs to press START + SELECT.
The Screen will then stay like this:

GBA BIOS MODE.png

And like this once the connection is successful:

GBA BIOS MODE Connecting.png

Edited by ajxpk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using 1.7.2 and it kept getting stuck in some kind of loop where it had connection for a split second and then it died.

I guess maybe 1.8 works better, but I didn't really care to bother because the only reason I was bothering with emulators is because my GBA has no batteries :P which is an easy fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed is that the Emulation of this is pretty glitchy on it still. (No wonder, who could have optimized it?)
So when it seems that the connection died, just select the Pokémon in the Distribution ROM again.
Then the process continues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the time being: I envy all of you so much. I can't get VBA to work properly with regular GBA games half the time and I looked into GBA flash carts but could never find any. Or I don't think I did. hahahahahah What can you do though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...