PID Finder Method info/tips

cH053n

OK so I have been obsessing over this all night. It bugs me that there is no clear definition for what each method of generating a PID is used for.

This is the info I've found so far...

Gen IV/Gen III mostly uses method A-B-C-D for wild/legendaries with a PID-IV relation, plus the standard gender, ability, shiny, and nature relation.

GBA can use any method except 10, 11, and CS.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?10977-Pal-Park-d-pokemon-PID-generation-method-(Pokegen)&p=89815&viewfull=1#post89815

Hatched eggs have no PID-IV relation.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?4833-Hatched-PID-IV-s

Steps to generate a PID:

1)Set All IV's to 31

2)Select a Nature

3)Choose the ability:

How to choose an ability ?

Let's take this as an example : http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/468.shtml

This is a Togekiss which has 2 Abilites(follow the exact order as on that website).

1)Hustle = Ability 1

2)Serene Grace = Ability 2

This only applies to pokemons that have 2 Abilities, if the pokemon has 1 Ability, then it's always "Ability 1".

4)Put a "=" symbol next to the most important(to you) IV's, let's just continue with a Togekiss as an example :

The most Important IV's for a Togekiss are : Special Attack, Speed, HP, put the "=" next to those IV's.

5)Method : Always ABCD

6)Uncheck Shiny.

7)Search.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13951-What-Method-Should-i-use-to-generate-PID&p=116292&viewfull=1#post116292

Methods:

This is my assumption of what each Method can be used for with possible definitions taken from legal.exe Readme.txt

1 (A-B-C-D) - Normal NDS or GBA - This type is the most common and will be seen on wild/legend encountered pokemon in nds/gba games.

2 (A-B-C-E) - Wild GBA - This type is less common and will be seen on wild encountered pokemon in gba games. It is unclear whether GBA legends will be seen with this type.

3 (A-B-C-F) - Uncommon GBA - This type is seen uncommonly by wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

4 (A-B-D-E) - Rare GBA - This type is seen rarely by wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

5 (A-B-D-F) - Very Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 1% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

6 (A-B-E-F) - Ultra Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 0.01% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

7 (A-C-D-E) - UNKNOWN

8 (A-C-D-F) - UNKNOWN

9 (A-D-E-F) - UNKNOWN

10 (B-A-C-D)® - Common GBA Event (Restricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.

The following pokemon should ALWAYS be this type.

- WISHMKR Jirachi

- 10th Anniversary Pokemon (All countries)

- Bryant Park 10 ANIV Pokemon

- SPACE C Deoxys

- DOEL Deoxys

- ROCKS & Festa Metang

- GW, Yokohama & ANA pikachu

- Mitsurin Celebi

- Sunday Pikachu and Wobbuffet

- PCJP Pokemon

- Pokepark Pokemon

- Hadou Mew and Regis

- Tanabata Jirachi (2004-2006)

- Aura Mew (CANNOT BE SHINY)

11 (B-A-C-D)(U) - Common GBA Event (Unrestricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.

The following pokemon use both restricted & unresticted:

- Pokemon Center Japan

- Negai Boshi Jirachi

- Pokemon Box pichu, skitty, swablu, and zigzagoon

- MYSTRY mew

- There may be more. Please report confirmed pokemon events so they can be added to this list.

CS Chained Shiny

My Tips for Gen III & IV PID generation:

- Make all breed-able Pokemon hatched and generate using Method 1

- Legendaries use Method 1

- Follow the steps mentioned above to generate a PID for Gen III/IV

Gen V PID generation:

- Follow the Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

- Don't use the PID Finder when creating a Gen V pokemon, just leave the PID blank like the Guide says.

No gen5 pokemon use the pid generator in pokegen, because the PID->ability is different
Edited by cH053n

• 2 years later...