Sun/Moon Datamining has Begun!

evandixon

Has it been discovered how you can get Cosmog yet? I want a second Lunala

Friend of mine actually figured that out and I posted on his behalf on /r/pokemon about it earlier today. Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5cm811/spoiler_how_to_get_a_secret_pokemon_post_game_on/

Also question to everyone - is it known or can it be figured out how for the love of arceus Charjabug evolves? The only info we got is "Level up at electric" whatever the heck that may mean and it sure as heck isn't just level up...

nzk5YhA.png

Friend of mine actually figured that out and I posted on his behalf on /r/pokemon about it earlier today. Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5cm811/spoiler_how_to_get_a_secret_pokemon_post_game_on/

Also question to everyone - is it known or can it be figured out how for the love of arceus Charjabug evolves? The only info we got is "Level up at electric" whatever the heck that may mean and it sure as heck isn't just level up...

nzk5YhA.png

"Level up at electric rock" which is in a cave right after the fourth Kahuna.

Wow what you mean about that? i mean that's not good. Really, not good. Because, if i wanted one normal Meowth to evolve normal into a Persian i never can get that beacuse his only goes to Alolan form.. Not Good. In this time, i'm happy to have a Pkhex hahah(Free merchan)

I did two tests:

Normal Meowth from ORAS: evolved to normal Persian

Pikachu from ORAS: evolved to Alolan Raichu

So, I theorize that the only Pokemon that becomes "Alolan", are evolutions that evolve from Non-Alolan Pokemon.

Also, other interesting Tidbits:

1. You can dissemble any Zygarde, as long as it's ability is Aura Break. (Including those from bank, trade, etc)

2. You can get Power Construct using dissembled cells from the point above, mean you can get this ability even before completing main game. (or, just get someone to trade you one with Power Construct)

3. To have a Zygarde that is in different Poke Ball, simply use a Zygarde from XY as base. It also retains its IVs and trainer details.

4. If you transfer your save from sun to moon (or vice versa) right before Solgaleo/Lunala Battle, you still won't be able to encounter it (and your story won't progress forever).

The only time it's safe to transfer the save in either direction, is RIGHT before receiving the first flute. (at Aether Foundation, basically)

[it may be safe after catching it, but I don't know if it'll affect Ultra beast story flags and stuff]

5. So far, I'm aware of 5 Cores, each acting as a move tutor (Core Enforce, Extremespeed, Dragon Dance, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves)

Oh so they've done away with Pokemon Link? And what about the item distributions they also wondercards?

Something else I found (which I'm sure everyone expected it anyways since GF announced it before)

There's also text in the game that suggests Pokemon Go is indeed going to be connectable sometime in the future:

Thank you for playing Pokémon GO! Please pick up your gift from the deliveryman in any Pokémon Center.

Pokemon GO (location)

Also, does anyone know the formula on how the 6-digit TID is displayed? I know it's by combining the TID and SID bytes but how do I get a specific 6-digit number that I want?

Thanks in advance

sidenote: Nintendo America claimed the datamine videos...

They *may* have done away with it.

Because apparently, Pokemon Link was also using Wondercards. The format is actually the same.

Except, Pokemon Link saves it at a different location.

They probably realized it pointless to have the same format in different location.

Also, the Pokemon Go connectivity may not be direct.

Speculation here, it could be something like:

1. Send to Nintendo Server (and they delete it from your game)

2. gives you a one time password/serial code to receive it as wondercard.

Or, it's simply an event tied in to Pokemon Go.

Buy coins in PoGo, and the portal gives your serial code that is a giveaway that is tied in with Pokemon Go.

oml that's so late in the game! Well eviolite charjabug until then it is I guess.

After all that you have said.. You have finished the game, right? I'm playing now the Sun.. and i have several questions about that game...

1- After i finished the game, i can fight again with Trial's captain or Kahuna Leader(And randon trainers in the game.)??

2- i've made that question many many times for the guys in various foruns, and anyone can answer me with propriety. What? What we can do of interesting after passed all the game?

Thank you, bro.

Ps: And here, in Brazil i have to use my 3ds Unlocked, because the price of the games it's very very expensive... One game of pokemon, is normally 360R$.

After all that you have said.. You have finished the game, right? I'm playing now the Sun.. and i have several questions about that game...

1- After i finished the game, i can fight again with Trial's captain or Kahuna Leader(And randon trainers in the game.)??

2- i've made that question many many times for the guys in various foruns, and anyone can answer me with propriety. What? What we can do of interesting after passed all the game?

Thank you, bro.

I haven't yet but as for 2 - there is an ultra beast related post game story with Looker.

I haven't yet but as for 2 - there is an ultra beast related post game story with Looker.

Yes.. is the only thing i hear after passed the game :/// ok, can be a funny quest to do... But after all the game you only goes to catch UB's and make NOTHING after that. is disapointed...

And about my first question, you know Something? you know as the game is not a good postgame, for me, At least good battles.

Yes.. is the only thing i hear after passed the game :/// ok, can be a funny quest to do... But after all the game you only goes to catch UB's and make NOTHING after that. is disapointed...

And about my first question, you know Something? you know as the game is not a good postgame, for me, At least good battles.

Pokemon has never been known for its extensive post game story and replay value. The delta episode was quite special and I'm still in the camp that says the main reason behind it was a nod to Pokemon Emerald and Rayquaza needing a big role in the Hoenn story. On top of that they needed something to explain the origin of Mega Evolution and what better place to put the origin than putting it at a mysterious Pokemon who roams the Ozon layer which even today scientists haven't fully figured out.

That said, the real replay value is indeed in what you said - battling. The competitive scene moves the Pokemon community forward and keeps it alive once we are through the story. And along with battling there is of course the hacking scene which offers randomizers and hackroms and there are challenges such as nuzlocke challenges.

Pokemon has never been known for its extensive post game story and replay value. The delta episode was quite special and I'm still in the camp that says the main reason behind it was a nod to Pokemon Emerald and Rayquaza needing a big role in the Hoenn story. On top of that they needed something to explain the origin of Mega Evolution and what better place to put the origin than putting it at a mysterious Pokemon who roams the Ozon layer which even today scientists haven't fully figured out.

That said, the real replay value is indeed in what you said - battling. The competitive scene moves the Pokemon community forward and keeps it alive once we are through the story. And along with battling there is of course the hacking scene which offers randomizers and hackroms and there are challenges such as nuzlocke challenges.

Did you believe, that Pkhex is gonna be able to put/remove ''badges'' of Kahuna Leaders, Like Pkhex made in the other games? (X/y ORAS)

So, once I get my cartridges and get the save extracted, there are a few things PKHex can do already? Mystery gift is good. I can get Mangearna after Japan's or Europe's is dumped. Are there any Pokemon currently able to be genned?

Will JKSM let me extract the save even though bank doesn't have the Sun/Moon update yet?

So, once I get my cartridges and get the save extracted, there are a few things PKHex can do already? Mystery gift is good. I can get Mangearna after Japan's or Europe's is dumped. Are there any Pokemon currently able to be genned?

Will JKSM let me extract the save even though bank doesn't have the Sun/Moon update yet?

Yes.. Bank is a completely different working entity to pkhex and JKSM and in no way is it related ever. Not sure what made you assume this... I mean JKSM does way more than just pokemon games

Yes.. Bank is a completely different working entity to pkhex and JKSM and in no way is it related ever. Not sure what made you assume this... I mean JKSM does way more than just pokemon games

In the 11.2 or whatever it is Homebrew, the workaround for extracting saves is selecting Bank with your cartridge in. If you select the game title it won't work.

Pokemon has never been known for its extensive post game story and replay value. The delta episode was quite special and I'm still in the camp that says the main reason behind it was a nod to Pokemon Emerald and Rayquaza needing a big role in the Hoenn story.

I mean, there's a huge difference between having next to nothing to do after beating the E4, and having at least some stuff.

D/P/Pt had the whole battle island at the top-right that had a few story elements in it, and more importantly imo, higher level routes and towns to hang out at. The higher level wild Pokémon and re-match-able trainers were really nice, and you were given an incentive to keep playing after the Elite Four with the PokéRadar, even if you weren't interested in battling.

The PokéRadar-exclusive Pokémon in each route gave a reason to go back everywhere if you were interested in collecting, or if you like shinies. If you preferred battling, every trainer in the game levels up to fairly high levels after enough re-matches with the Vs. Seeker and there was Battle Tower with several different modes (and later on, the whole Battle Frontier.) Platinum even gave us higher level E4 rematch with more varied E4 rosters.

They gave us the Underground where we could mess around in for hours just digging, and there was even new treasure to find added to it once you beat the Elite Four, giving you even more reasons to go back even if you already spent hours there before beating the game. New fossils to find for the collectors, for the most part.

There were contests, you could plant berries around to get more and make Poffin playing that minigame, working on increasing your contest stats so your Pokémon could have a better chance at winning. Heck you could spend a lot of time collecting accessories too. :P

That and I guess there's also a bunch of legendaries you unlock in the post-game, but that's the kind of thing you spend 15 minutes on each and then you're done so those don't really weight all that much.

There's already been a good precedent imo. There was lots of replay value in Gen. IV that was simply not present in any future Gens. and that's a real disappointment.

I mean Gen. V had a bunch of new areas open up post-game, and Battle Subway was as good as Battle Tower, but other than that it's missing a lot of things that made Gen. IV post game so good.

I don't think we should be defending the lack of post-game stuff to do in X/Y, and apparently Sun/Moon from what I'm saying there, by saying that "Pokémon has never been known for good post-game and replay value", because we know that Game Freak can do way better than the complete absence of anything we were given in Gen. 6/7 :/

The least they could do in X/Y was give us higher-level E4 rematch and they didn't even bother to do that. Does Sun/Moon have a higher-level E4 rematch in post-game, at least? That would at least make spam-running the E4 more interesting...

Gosh I need to replay Platinum.

I mean, there's a huge difference between having next to nothing to do after beating the E4, and having at least some stuff.

D/P/Pt had the whole battle island at the top-right that had a few story elements in it, and more importantly imo, higher level routes and towns to hang out at. The higher level wild Pokémon and re-match-able trainers were really nice, and you were given an incentive to keep playing after the Elite Four with the PokéRadar, even if you weren't interested in battling.

The PokéRadar-exclusive Pokémon in each route gave a reason to go back everywhere if you were interested in collecting, or if you like shinies. If you preferred battling, every trainer in the game levels up to fairly high levels after enough re-matches with the Vs. Seeker and there was Battle Tower with several different modes (and later on, the whole Battle Frontier.) Platinum even gave us higher level E4 rematch with more varied E4 rosters.

They gave us the Underground where we could mess around in for hours just digging, and there was even new treasure to find added to it once you beat the Elite Four, giving you even more reasons to go back even if you already spent hours there before beating the game. New fossils to find for the collectors, for the most part.

There were contests, you could plant berries around to get more and make Poffin playing that minigame, working on increasing your contest stats so your Pokémon could have a better chance at winning. Heck you could spend a lot of time collecting accessories too. :P

That and I guess there's also a bunch of legendaries you unlock in the post-game, but that's the kind of thing you spend 15 minutes on each and then you're done so those don't really weight all that much.

There's already been a good precedent imo. There was lots of replay value in Gen. IV that was simply not present in any future Gens. and that's a real disappointment.

I mean Gen. V had a bunch of new areas open up post-game, and Battle Subway was as good as Battle Tower, but other than that it's missing a lot of things that made Gen. IV post game so good.

I don't think we should be defending the lack of post-game stuff to do in X/Y, and apparently Sun/Moon from what I'm saying there, by saying that "Pokémon has never been known for good post-game and replay value", because we know that Game Freak can do way better than the complete absence of anything we were given in Gen. 6/7 :/

The least they could do in X/Y was give us higher-level E4 rematch and they didn't even bother to do that. Does Sun/Moon have a higher-level E4 rematch in post-game, at least? That would at least make spam-running the E4 more interesting...

Gosh I need to replay Platinum.

Tldr: gen 4 best gen remakes when

(Coz I totally agree)

If only :/ here's hoping that would come in Gen. 7 so we don't have to wait for Gen. 8

Then again they might water it down like they did with some things in OR/AS... R.I.P. berry mixer minigame, you will be missed.

(Haha, watered down, Hoenn)

Post game (spoilers ensue):

1. Battle Tree

2. Hunting for Eeveelution trainers to get Eeveenium Z crystal (Talk to Kagetora first; left Cashier in Mega ThriftStore)

3. Clearing Looker's UB Quests (and get introduced to Anabel who came from RSE)

4. Catching Necrozma the roamer in Ten Carat Hill

5. Breed Alolan Regional Variants to get the original variants

6. Travel to a parallel universe (where oddly everyone recognizes you) which is 12 hours ahead/behind, and

7. Get your First Cosmog

8. Get remaining Tapus

9. Get Shiny Charm by completing Alolan Dex

10. Go to Trail captain's Houses and say hello (I think they may rebattle; this can be done during storyline)

11. Get all 100/100 Zygarde cells (not sure if anything special happens; Zygarde cells can be broken from trades, but doesn't add to the /100 number)

12. Get Type:Null form Gladion as Aether Paradise Observation Deck

13. Upgrade Pokemonfinder to v.5

14. Catch rare Pokemon using QR code islandwide scan

It's pretty much next to nothing, but it's something.

Also, the 7 or 8 empty plot of lands are still undeveloped in post game.

I'm getting a BW -> B2W2 vibe here...

I'm suspecting at most one of games (one more set, if they squeeze in remake as a buffer) coming afterwards, since there's only one hidden Mythical Creature.

(they tend to float one over to the second game, like how Diancie fit inbetween XY and ORAS)

The lack of number is Gen VII Mythical creatures suggest that perhaps the next games may be on NX/Switch

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone looked into heavy ball mechanisms in these versions? 

It has definitely changed since gen4, where you had a roughly 19% chance of the ball shaking twice if you use in on a lighter 3-catch rate pokemon; in this game this chance looks infinitely smaller if existent at all. The ball instantly breaks upon use in every single attempt in every single video i have checked.

edit: proof in gen 4 that at that time heavy balls can have a fair change to shake more than once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAUnN5Oovf0

Does this even happen in this game?

Edited by kadabrium