[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Well I had been testing the transfer of items and I came across these bugs:-

1) This one is a serious one. When more than 1 items are selected and the 'deposit all' option is selected, the items just disappear. They do not appear in Trigger PC or the in-game PC or the in-game bag. They just plain disappear. This happens only with TMs & Berries.

2) It seeems that whenever more than 1 items are selected and the ''deposit" option is selected, the deposit selection window appears. Even when the 'all' check box is ticked, the items are not deposited to either the Trigger PC or the in-game PC. The items just stay in the bag. Again this seems to apply only to TMs & Berries but I havent tested much with other items.

I tested with 2 Emerald saves and 1 FireRed save. The bugs occured in both of them. I am using the latest (1.3.3.2) version of the Trigger's PC

Well I had been testing the transfer of items and I came across these bugs:-

1) This one is a serious one. When more than 1 items are selected and the 'deposit all' option is selected, the items just disappear. They do not appear in Trigger PC or the in-game PC or the in-game bag. They just plain disappear. This happens only with TMs & Berries.

2) It seeems that whenever more than 1 items are selected and the ''deposit" option is selected, the deposit selection window appears. Even when the 'all' check box is ticked, the items are not deposited to either the Trigger PC or the in-game PC. The items just stay in the bag. Again this seems to apply only to TMs & Berries but I havent tested much with other items.

I tested with 2 Emerald saves and 1 FireRed save. The bugs occured in both of them. I am using the latest (1.3.3.2) version of the Trigger's PC

Thanks. I'll look into it right away

Edit: And thanks for the specificity. :)

Edit 2: Hotfix is up. I also implemented improved error checking while saving so report if there's any strangeness when saving.

Edited by trigger_death

About secret bases, you might already have this info but... http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Secret_Base_Data

Have you expanded that structure? I know you are not prone to editing, but I think creating secret bases could be fun (specially chansey filled ones), or being able to export/import them from other savefiles. Modifying pokémon and trainer data is in fact really trivial.

Also, have you considered github or another online repository for source code?

About secret bases, you might already have this info but... http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Secret_Base_Data

Have you expanded that structure? I know you are not prone to editing, but I think creating secret bases could be fun (specially chansey filled ones), or being able to export/import them from other savefiles. Modifying pokémon and trainer data is in fact really trivial.

1) That's what I'm currently referencing. ^_^

2) All of those features are planned. :D

3) If that's a request to see the source code even out of curiosity then I can certainly upload the Oh god it's so messy and unorganized source code to GitHub. (I haven't uploaded it yet because I've been putting it off until someone wanted to look at it.) I'll probably upload it after the Secret base update is released. As for keeping it up to date it may not be updated right away after an update is released. I'm sure my code may be useful to some people as I'm guessing there's at least a few values I've discovered that aren't documented anywhere on the web.

suloku said:

I feel like (to keep things as legit as possible) that secret bases that you create should require Pokemon/items from you collection. Where's the fun in making a secret base with 6 LV.100 Chancey and all the rarest items, none of which you actually own. Hunting the items down and raising the Pokemon is the fun part. The secret base is the payoff.

Edited by HaxAras

I feel like (to keep things as legit as possible) that secret bases that you create should require Pokemon/items from you collection. Where's the fun in making a secret base with 6 LV.100 Chancey and all the rarest items, none of which you actually own. Hunting the items down and raising the Pokemon is the fun part. The secret base is the payoff.

That's what I was going for as well. If you're editing an imported secret base with more decorations than you have, you can move the decorations you don't own, but if you put them away you won't be able to place them because they won't go to your inventory.

Edit: Hmm. Or maybe you shouldn't even be able to move it...

Edit 2: Would disallowing editing of a secret base if you don't have the amount of each decoration it uses be too restrictive?

Edit 3: Update 2 on Secret Base Editor:

yTB0rnM.png

3) If that's a request to see the source code even out of curiosity then I can certainly upload the Oh god it's so messy and unorganized source code to GitHub. (I haven't uploaded it yet because I've been putting it off until someone wanted to look at it.) I'll probably upload it after the Secret base update is released. As for keeping it up to date it may not be updated right away after an update is released. I'm sure my code may be useful to some people as I'm guessing there's at least a few values I've discovered that aren't documented anywhere on the web.

A little both. A git repository (for example) allows to easily keep the source public in it's almost-latest state with just a click. I'd rather have a messy source code available than no source code at all, there's always time for cleanup (many developers say they want to clean up before releasing my personal opinion is to have an up to date source). Not that I'm gonna make anything with the source right now but I always like these kind of projects to be source-available. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

About editing secret bases: I agree with what haxaras proposed to keep it legal. One can always make a savefile with level 100 chanseys to put it on trigger's pc and create whatever secret bases he wants, so it's not really a limiter for those who really want to hack a secret base to their save while other users can make a legit use of it.

trigger_death said:

Edit 2: Would disallowing editing of a secret base if you don't have the amount of each decoration it uses be too restrictive?

yTB0rnM.png

Do you mean not allowing somebody to fill their base with 10 Lotad dolls if they only have 7?

Maybe it's just me. But that's some of the strangest wording I've ever seen. I have no idea what you mean.

Edited by HaxAras

For decorations that can be purchased at in-game stores, you could add an option to spend money from what you have stored in Trigger's PC or money from your save file directly to buy more for the same cost as the in-game shops. That would be a nice quality of life feature.

(That is, unless you already have that feature. I've not used the tool so I don't know :S)

For editing your own Secret Base, that is. If you are adding the ability to edit any secret base, including other trainers' bases that you got via record mixing, I don't think that the amount of decorations you personally own should matter.

I got this error when I opened Trigger's PC. I had just updated from 1.3.3.2 to 1.3.3.3 (I just copied the files from the zip and overwrote the existing files.)

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: An error occurred with the save file. It seems that the program cannot read the supplied save file. Please load a 128KB save file for Generation 3 pokemon games.

at PokemonManager.Game.FileStructure.Gen3.GBA.GBAGameSave..ctor(String filePath, GameTypes gameType, Boolean japanese)

at PokemonManager.PokeManager.Initialize(PokeManagerWindow managerWindow)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

EDIT - I reverted back to 1.3.3.2 by deleting the files in the folder and restoring the files from my backup. I was able to open and use Trigger's PC. But when I tried to update it again, the same error came up.

I got this error when I opened Trigger's PC. I had just updated from 1.3.3.2 to 1.3.3.3 (I just copied the files from the zip and overwrote the existing files.)

EDIT - I reverted back to 1.3.3.2 by deleting the files in the folder and restoring the files from my backup. I was able to open and use Trigger's PC. But when I tried to update it again, the same error came up.

Would you a do me a huge favor? Try filtering out your save files one by one by inputting them in settings.xml one at a time until the error occurs. Settings.xml should be pretty readable. Just remove each save tag and input the required information one at a time. Hint: To quickly get the file path of a file. Shift+right click on it and click Copy as path.

SaveFile GameType="game type name with no spaces and camel case" FilePath="absolute file path"/

For decorations that can be purchased at in-game stores, you could add an option to spend money from what you have stored in Trigger's PC or money from your save file directly to buy more for the same cost as the in-game shops. That would be a nice quality of life feature.

(That is, unless you already have that feature. I've not used the tool so I don't know :S)

For editing your own Secret Base, that is. If you are adding the ability to edit any secret base, including other trainers' bases that you got via record mixing, I don't think that the amount of decorations you personally own should matter.

1) An in-tool mart is already planned so that will include decorations. It just won't be coming with the secret base update.

2) Alrighty. You'll be able to edit any secret base then.

Would you a do me a huge favor? Try filtering out your save files one by one by inputting them in settings.xml one at a time until the error occurs. Settings.xml should be pretty readable. Just remove each save tag and input the required information one at a time.

I did as you told but I am getting the error for every one of my saves. The entries in my settings.xml before I tried:-

< SaveFile GameType="XD" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="c:\users\ABC\documents\dolphin emulator\gc\usa\card a\01-gxxe-pokemonxd.gci" />

< SaveFile GameType="Emerald" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="d:\program files\vba-m\m1\battery\pokemon emerald.sav" />

< SaveFile GameType="Ruby" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="d:\program files\vba-m\m1\battery\pokemon ruby.sav" />

< SaveFile GameType="FireRed" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="d:\program files\vba-m\m1\battery\pokemon fire red.sav" />

< SaveFile GameType="Emerald" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="d:\program files\vba-m\m1\battery\pokemon emeraldlee.sav" />

< SaveFile GameType="Emerald" Nickname="" Japanese="False" LivingDex="False" FilePath="d:\program files\vba-m\m1\battery\pokemon emeraldjarod.sav" />

That's what I was going for as well. If you're editing an imported secret base with more decorations than you have, you can move the decorations you don't own, but if you put them away you won't be able to place them because they won't go to your inventory.

Edit: Hmm. Or maybe you shouldn't even be able to move it...

Edit 3: Update 2 on Secret Base Editor:

yTB0rnM.png

It's Wonderful! My favorite Pokemon Tool. Will we able to share our secret base?

Okay I deleted everything in the triggers's PC folder, extracted the latest version and tried opening it. I got the same error. I had deleted everything. So no previous settings or anything. But still the error occured. I extracted the files to a different folder and tried opening Trigger's PC but again the error occured..

Okay I deleted everything in the triggers's PC folder, extracted the latest version and tried opening it. I got the same error. I had deleted everything. So no previous settings or anything. But still the error occured. I extracted the files to a different folder and tried opening Trigger's PC but again the error occured..

Could you send me one of the files to test?

It's Wonderful! My favorite Pokemon Tool. Will we able to share our secret base?

Yes we will. ;)

I had downloaded the lastest Trigger's PC from the first post. I have uploaded my copy of it just in case

Do you mean the it gets same error after adding save files again? If not it should be a different error. And I still can't reproduce the error sadly. I still have more tricks up me sleeve though.

My I ask what OS you're sporting?

No no. I think I wasnt clear. What I meant was that even if I did a clean "installation" of Triggers PC, I get that error on the first start up itself. I cant even access Triggers PC.

Windows 7 x64 bit

Does the error on startup have this in it? I don't think it should. If not post that error because it's most likely the underlying cause.

It seems that the program cannot read the supplied save file. Please load a 128KB save file for Generation 3 pokemon games.

Edit: Nevermind, you are correct. I'm able to reproduce this on another computer so maybe there's some debug code hiding somewhere.

Edit 2: I'm sorry everyone I'm an idiot. I found the debug code in plain sight. I'll clean that up and post a hotfix right away.

It is having that error.

Here is the error log.

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: An error occurred with the save file. It seems that the program cannot read the supplied save file. Please load a 128KB save file for Generation 3 pokemon games.

at PokemonManager.Game.FileStructure.Gen3.GBA.GBAGameSave..ctor(String filePath, GameTypes gameType, Boolean japanese)

at PokemonManager.PokeManager.Initialize(PokeManagerWindow managerWindow)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

EDIT - Posted this before I had seen your edit.:tongue:

Trigger, sent you my Emerald save. Here's my secret bases the last time I wrote them down. (Early to mid 2015) Anything with the name other than HaxAras is old as hell and therefore accurate.) I woulda done this sooner but the bipolar weather here has been unbearable. (Not kidding either. Google Colorado weather. If you were passing through, you'd think you were living through the apocalypse.)

Secret Bases

Route: 121

Tree Left: Johnny (Ruby secret base team - Possibly 2008/09/10 onward.)

-Salamence Lv.64

-Altaria Lv.50

-MiloticLv.50

-Glalie Lv.50

-Cacturne Lv.50

-Metagross Lv.50

Tree Right: Landon (Original Colosseum team 2010)

-Espeon Lv.72

-Flygon Lv.73

-AltariaLv.74

-Mantine Lv.71

-Umbreon Lv.74

-Jumpluff Lv.71

Wall 1: Bulldog (Mix of Ruby secret base team and random Pokemon)

-Latias Lv.50

-Salamence Lv.65

-Altaria Lv.50

-Milotic Lv.50

-Milotic Lv.51

-Mew Lv.72

Wall 2: Kgon

-Golem Lv.33

-Golem Lv.25

-

-

-

-

-

Route 120

Bush 1: May (Emerald Team 2012 &/or 2013)

-Altaria Lv.69

-Swampert Lv.67

-Absol Lv.60

-Rhydon Lv.60

-Crobat Lv.60

-Ninetails Lv.60

Bush 2: Bulldog (Ruby secret base team - Possibly 2008/09/10 onward.)

-Glalie Lv.43

-Altaria Lv.37

-Swellow Lv.42

-Cacturne Lv.37

-Tentacruel Lv.37

-Metagross Lv.45

Rock 1: HaxAras (Sapphire) (Battle Frontier competitive team & Dodrio.)

-Salamence Lv.50

-Suicune Lv.50

-Snorlax Lv.50

-Dodrio Lv.41

-

-

Route 118

Rock 1: Kgon

-Altaria Lv.50

-Glalie Lv.51

-Tentacruel Lv.50

-Metagross Lv.51