[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

I'm back with a really strange suggestion but this could save me a LOT of time about having an organised PC.

But first i think i've to explain how i've planned to play. There'll be two types of saves : The main ones (aka FR/LG/R/S/E/C/XD) with everything important on it AND MANY saves that'll provide stuff to the main ones (RNG/Secret Base stuff/Shiny Hunting Cartidges and so on) so i'll have 7 saves for something like 70 saves that i'll not use. I'll have 7 roms with 7 saves and i'll use the 7 basic roms in order to play with the 70 secondary one.

I'd like to know if it were possible to make a separation between these two types. For exemple, when i manage my save, i could have more than one listing and I could add my main saves etc

and this way there'd be one pc but two listing and i could switch when i want.

I hope it's understandable T_T ! Thank you, i'd really love a feature like that.

I'm back with a really strange suggestion but this could save me a LOT of time about having an organised PC.

But first i think i've to explain how i've planned to play. There'll be two types of saves : The main ones (aka FR/LG/R/S/E/C/XD) with everything important on it AND MANY saves that'll provide stuff to the main ones (RNG/Secret Base stuff/Shiny Hunting Cartidges and so on) so i'll have 7 saves for something like 70 saves that i'll not use. I'll have 7 roms with 7 saves and i'll use the 7 basic roms in order to play with the 70 secondary one.

I'd like to know if it were possible to make a separation between these two types. For exemple, when i manage my save, i could have more than one listing and I could add my main saves etc

and this way there'd be one pc but two listing and i could switch when i want.

I hope it's understandable T_T ! Thank you, i'd really love a feature like that.

So basically you want a dropdown to select your different game types but another dropdown to select which save from that game type?

Oh no no !

I would like something like that when we go to the save options :

A dropdown with :

- Main saves

- Secondary saves

(In my case)

With all the saves needed like actually

And if i choose "Main save" i can ony select these on the main tab :3

Vladcik said:
Oh no no !

I would like something like that when we go to the save options :

A dropdown with :

- Main saves

- Secondary saves

(In my case)

With all the saves needed like actually

And if i choose "Main save" i can ony select these on the main tab :3

That sounds useful. I added a ton of extra saves to Triggers PC after the egg shiny checker was added. Now it's just cluttered after going from 5~ saves to 21~.

Edit: I kept wanting to say something about this.

trigger_death said:
I'm with you on that. I much more enjoy FRLG than RSE. I don't know what it is but the Hoenn region and theme just feels more bland to me. Of course I do love farming me some berries.

It was the complete opposite for me. I've always enjoyed RSE more than FR/LG. I played the hell out of gen 1 and put another 500 hours into my original Leaf Green save as well as several Fire Red runs. But Hoenn always felt like home to me.

Honestly though, the thing that caused me to not like those games as much, Triggers PC fixed. It always pissed me off that I could only use Kanto Pokemon. I was so sick of most of them by that point. I don't know what to do for story mode teams anymore. I've saved a good 80% of my story mode teams from gen 3 onward and you'll notice a lot of repeat Pokemon. I've used just about every one that I like multiple times.

Also, when we talk about gen 3. We always leave out Mystery Dungeon and Orre. I LOVE those games to death as well.

Edited by HaxAras

I've found my first Shiny 12 years ago. So you've an idea of when i've started to Shiny hunt. I prefer simple encounters rather than SR, but sometimes you don't have the choice (31 592 SR for Bulbasaur, omg, but at least I got Ivysaur in 6 SR and Venusaur in 30XX SR so deal with it) but it's really a thing that i love. I can't wait to have them all, but at the same time I don't want to finish because it's 10 years of my life that would end... haha.

Well, what can I say? Incredible. Just incredible. What about Mew? Do you have a legit Old Sea Map for Mew / a legit shiny Mew already / do you plan on getting one by searching all of Japan?

For the bases everything is ready in my mind, i've to admit i'll take advantage of the clonage glitch on Pokemon Emerald

You shinyhunt for 12 years and then you don't want to level up 6 Beautfly for a Special Attack EV base? xD

i'll clone them and later i'll replace them with legit pokemon

Haha, I see, interesting.

I've always enjoyed RSE more than FR/LG

Same here. I do like FRLG a lot, and I have a lot of nostalgia for Kanto and the first 151 Pokémon. But while there were so many things to do with consequence (also for later Gens) in Hoenn – Contests, Ribbons, Berries, Conditions, breeding with Emerald mechanics, out-of-battle effects of Abilities, Battle Frontier, … – Kanto in Gen 3 doesn't offer much besides the "original" plot. There's not much to do with/to Pokémon there that gives you a feeling of collecting or building the base for later generations. Even berry crushing for powder is rather useless if you can get PP Ups from the Lottery much more easily.

Which actually brings me to my next point: As we're currently posting suggestions that might seem a bit weird, and as people here seem to have lots and lots of save files – what about a feature for a Pokémon collection like the living dex but with OT numbers? Let me explain:

A few months ago, a friend and I spent hours and hours soft-resetting a game, checking the OT, then trading Pokémon from that game to Box and resetting again, until we had at least one Pokémon for each two-digit ending of OT numbers (---00 to ---99). We did this so we could maximise our chances of winning at the Lottery, and I have been collecting my daily PP Up in Emerald ever since (sometimes I also win something else). I know you can soft-reset on a given day (as long as you have not saved on that in-game day yet) to change the Lottery's winning number, but having each ---XX OT ID speeds up the process of farming PP UPs a lot. (One could also try to get as many 3-digit combinations as possible but would quickly run out of storage room on any given cartridge before having enough to really up the odds of winning, making the process not really viable.)

So I would no longer really need this feature for this collection, but given that others might want to try the same thing and that with Trigger's PC, one could – in theory – attempt to collect every single OT number possible, why not have a series of boxes that show which OT goes where, similar to the Living Dex boxes show which Pokémon goes where? Do you know what I mean? It's probably not a very important idea but I just thought I'd bring it up, given that we seem to be able to talk about basically any kind of organisational help we can think of here (which I appreciate a lot!). :D

Such an overview would then also allow everyone to check what they have and see what they are still missing, making it a lot easier to trade and complete/expand everyone's collection super fast. (That is, IF others are even interested in that, of course.)

Edit:

One more thing I thought of: Would it be possible to expand the Shiny Egg check to include a custom list of Trainer IDs & Secret IDs (that's what's needed for the shiny check, right?). So that you could add the IDs of a save file you don't use often and don't want to have loaded up in Trigger's PC all the time? This would also allow a group of people to add all their respective games/IDs and then everyone in the group who creates new eggs can check if the egg would be shiny on any of their own or their friends' games (without having all the games directly loaded/added as saves in Trigger's PC). People could share their IDs and help each other out.

Edited by decymin

trigger_death said:
You can now view Egg Species with ease. This works as a setting in general and a setting for specific Your PC rows.

FXkuc11.png

I've been wondering if there would be any way we could just make a checklist of sorts I guess. An example will help. I have 5 eggs that are guaranteed to hatch shiny now. My 3 Pokemon Box eggs, my shiny 5IV Feebas that was RNG'ed for me and now my Omanyte. Would it be possible to check them in a way so that way when I do an egg shinyness check, those eggs are already marked and aren't added to the results every time?

If possible, a check for Mirage Island would be nice too. I have a Japanese Ruby save and a Latias that matches Mirage Island currently. I don't really feel like playing through the save super fast to get to mirage island using that Latias. IF I even can. I'll be honest. I don't really understand the midnight thing.

I'd also be interested in sharing ID numbers and secret ID's in the hopes of expanding shiny searches.

Edited by HaxAras

I've been wondering if there would be any way we could just make a checklist of sorts I guess. An example will help. I have 5 eggs that are guaranteed to hatch shiny now. My 3 Pokemon Box eggs, my shiny 5IV Feebas that was RNG'ed for me and now my Omanyte. Would it be possible to check them in a way so that way when I do an egg shinyness check, those eggs are already marked and aren't added to the results every time?

If possible, a check for Mirage Island would be nice too. I have a Japanese Ruby save and a Latias that matches Mirage Island currently. I don't really feel like playing through the save super fast to get to mirage island using that Latias. IF I even can. I'll be honest. I don't really understand the midnight thing.

I'd also be interested in sharing ID numbers and secret ID's in the hopes of expanding shiny searches.

1) Probably not. At least not until I add external pokemon data. Aka, storing information on a Pokemon with a personality and trainer id/secret id as the key to it, that lies in Trigger's PC so it doesn't lose the info upon trading to another game.

2) I'll be honest that was one of the things I was afraid of happening with the Shiny Egg feature. Creating saves for the sole purpose of generating shiny matches is reallyOP. Like rediculously OP. After laying 300 Charmander Eggs with 8 saves added I had about a 1/3 chance of getting a shiny and that only took half a day. Anyways I certainly won't stop you or be mad at you from using the tool like that. I guess I'm just still worried about someone claiming illegitimacy on the feature. :\

trigger_death said:
2) I'll be honest that was one of the things I was afraid of happening with the Shiny Egg feature. Creating saves for the sole purpose of generating shiny matches is reallyOP. Like rediculously OP. After laying 300 Charmander Eggs with 8 saves added I had about a 1/3 chance of getting a shiny and that only took half a day. Anyways I certainly won't stop you or be mad at you from using the tool like that. I guess I'm just still worried about someone claiming illegitimacy on the feature. :\

I've learned to not care what other people see as legitimate. I've met shiny hunters who refuse to use the shiny charm, people who said chain fishing shinnies don't count because they're too easy and 100 other dumbass requirements for legitimacy. The way I see it, Triggers PC isn't a cheating device. It's not forcing anything to be shiny. It's just reading the data and telling you which ones will be on which games. I could technically hatch all my eggs on every one of my saves. But that would take an eternity. I want to find legit shiny Pokemon (No cheating devices) as fast as possible. They're too damn hard to find, even in gen 6. I keep them to myself anyway. I don't care how common/uncommon they are. They mean more to me than to anybody else. I know their story, I encountered them. To anybody else it's just a trophy.

Edited by HaxAras

I've learned to not care what other people see as legitimate. I've met shiny hunters who refuse to use the shiny charm, people who said chain fishing shinnies don't count because they're too easy and 100 other dumbass requirements for legitimacy. The way I see it, Triggers PC isn't a cheating device. It's not forcing anything to be shiny. It's just reading the data and telling you which ones will be on which games. I could technically hatch all my eggs on every one of my saves. But that would take an eternity. I want to find legit shiny Pokemon (No cheating devices) as fast as possible. They're too damn hard to find, even in gen 6. I keep them to myself anyway. I don't care how common/uncommon they are. They mean more to me than to anybody else. I know their story, I encountered them. To anybody else it's just a trophy.

Nicely put. :)

Edit: And sorry I didn't mean to force my views onto yours.

Edited by trigger_death

trigger_death said:
Nicely put. :)

Edit: And sorry I didn't mean to force my views onto yours.

I didn't even take it like that. I was just trying to explain a point.

Also, those item sorting tabs look amazing. I've been saving the hold items and vitamins and Rare Candy from all my playthroughs. They're in a jumbled mess in Triggers PC. It will be awesome to have a way of sorting them better.

Edited by HaxAras

I didn't even take it like that. I was just trying to explain a point.

Also, those item sorting tabs look amazing. I've been saving the hold items and vitamins and Rare Candy from all my playthroughs. They're in a jumbled mess in Triggers PC. It will be awesome to have a way of sorting them better.

1) Okay good. :)

2) Same I'm a hoarder in Skyrim, Terraria, and Pokemon. I don't use any item that can't be bought with the exclusion of TM's sparingly.

If anyone wants to test the Shiny Egg Finder feature, but have no patience or resources to breed, take save that I made for research reasons... or something :tongue:

Download it here

Game: Ruby

It has 2 boxes full of Farfetch'D eggs and 1 box with Dittos: 6 English and 4 Japanese Dittos, so you can breed yourself.

Parents and Dittos data:

Farfetch'D parents:

CH'DING the Farfetch'D - Male, from Pokemon Fire Red in-game trade

OT: ELYSSA ID: 08810

level 100, IVs: 20/25/21/15/20/24

Sparkles the Shiny Ditto - From Pokemon Liquid Crystal in-game trade (fangame)

OT: Rowan ID: 60042

level 80, IVs: 22/17/25/23/20/16

--------------------------------------

My English Dittos:

From Pokemon Emerald

OT: Wiktor ID: 63044, SID: 27925

My Japanese Dittos:

From Pokemon Emerald (J)

OT: WIWI ID: 59364, SID: 39303

Also, in BOX14 you will have some bonus eggs that I didn't wanted to hatch and thought that they can be shiny for some of you xD

SmellingSalt Spinda

2x Rhyhorn

2x Elemental Punches Abra

Minun

Chansey

Porygon

Treecko

Kabuto

I hope it will be useful for some of you.

Speaking of shinies I've been trying to do soft reseting to encounter a shiny legendary but it's driving me insane. I wish there was a way to hunt shiny legendaries without getting carpal tunnel. -__- And sadly I've tried the emulator's autofire feature to speed things up but the pseudo-rng decides to not change the value if everything is pressed at the same time even when soft resetting.

That's Emerald's broken PRNG for you. :P

If you want to do SRing for shinies, you'll want to go with R/S or FR/LG. Doing it on Emerald, even normally, is more than likely not to yield much results.

The RNG always starting with a seed of 0 is exactly what makes it worse. Or better, depending on what you want to do.

FR/LG relies on one of the GBA's timers to generate a seed. The game begins seeding when you reach the Press Start screen, starting seed is chosen a few moments after Charizard or Venusaur's cry is heard.

R/S functions in a similar way, except that, for some reason, when the internal battery runs dry, the game will always start with a seed of 5A0, making it behave exactly like Emerald, except with a different seed.

Speaking of shinies I've been trying to do soft reseting to encounter a shiny legendary but it's driving me insane. I wish there was a way to hunt shiny legendaries without getting carpal tunnel. -__- And sadly I've tried the emulator's autofire feature to speed things up but the pseudo-rng decides to not change the value if everything is pressed at the same time even when soft resetting.

It'll not working even on Fire Red / Leaf Green.

If you autofire for each reset you'll have everytime the SAME seed and so everytime the same pokemon generated at the same time.

The best tip for that is to set X emulators, no background pause and so you can play the X emulators at the same time :3

Here's a Pokemon Box save with 400~ Squirtle eggs. I couldn't get a shiny. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I'm sorry haha OTL

I've one matching. I can hatch it and give it to you if you want ?

If you autofire for each reset you'll have everytime the SAME seed and so everytime the same pokemon generated at the same time.

The best tip for that is to set X emulators, no background pause and so you can play the X emulators at the same time :3

Oh yes, that's true. I didn't realize this until you said it.

In my defense, at the time I made my first post, I didn't yet know how the RNG worked in R/S and FR/LG, because I looked up how the RNG worked afterwards, when I was asked what makes Emerald worse.

Vladcik said:

I'm sorry haha OTL

I've one matching. I can hatch it and give it to you if you want ?

Nah, don't worry about it. I want all my shinnies to have me as the OT. I posted it knowing somebody might get a match. I'm glad I did, at least one person got a shiny out of it so far so congrats!. I'll keep making eggs until I get a match of my own. I'm considering shiny hunting in gen 3 like this if I can get them relatively fast.

Edited by HaxAras

Invader TAK said:
Nothing. Oh well.

I'm not gonna stop until I get a shiny so I'll keep updating the save. I'll also share my Kanto living dex (Egg form, minus the Nidoran's and legendaries) as well.

I've been wondering something about Mirage Island. How do I change the values for that? I get a notification every time saying my early game Japanese Ruby save matches a Pokemon so I'm playing through it now. But since all my files are .sav, would I have to load them up in VBA or play them all to change the Mirage Island values?

Edited by HaxAras