GEN1 Legit Mew From ToysRus Distribution

InsaneNutter

On 1/10/2017 at 5:59 AM, Shin-Chan said:

I found a full size picture:

33138d1a.jpg

Talked to a friend/acquaintance who is living in Japan. This is what they had to say about this picture. 
" Hmm, well the page seems to just be about Mew in general (implies it was the first publishing of any info on Mew). The event is a serial code in the bottom corner of the page, which I saw in some other pictures, but I didn't notice much data about the Pokemon itself. I'll focus on that and see if I can get more info."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Soplox said:

Also the Emerald(Even Shiny) one and the My Pokemon Ranch one

I meant from VC/Gen 1.

(since we're talking about VC)

legitimately speaking, only Japanese emerald Mew from faraway island can be shiny,

but I don't think pokebank enforces any of those restrictions.

On 1/29/2017 at 6:39 AM, theSLAYER said:

I meant from VC/Gen 1.

(since we're talking about VC)

legitimately speaking, only Japanese emerald Mew from faraway island can be shiny,

but I don't think pokebank enforces any of those restrictions.

I have been using ENG Faraway Island Shiny Mew online without Problems tho cant be traded, wondertraded or uploaded to the GTS. But the VC Event one can and even on Shiny.

1 hour ago, Soplox said:

I have been using ENG Faraway Island Shiny Mew online without Problems tho cant be traded, wondertraded or uploaded to the GTS. But the VC Event one can and even on Shiny.

I would advise against that, though.

Both scenerios (ENG shiny Mew and gen 1 shiny Mew) aren't shiny and we should respect others preferences to not want hacks.
[but if they explicitly want hacks then, go ahead lol]

On 30/01/2017 at 3:19 PM, mewto2015 said:

how i donwload mew??? i don't see the link

I've contributed PK1 and PK7 files to our Event Gallery.

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/2-event-gallery/

Browse via Generation > Language.

edit
For easier reference, this post has access to all the languages:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I found this thread a year ago, I'll try to sum it up the story since it's in spanish: http://www.pokexperto.net/foros/index.php?topic=27460.0

OP was asking about the Pokémon 2000 championship that was held in Madrid (the winners would later go to European and World champsionships, though that was only announced after the tournament ended), specifically he asked if a Mew distribution was really held there, as all he knew were rumors.

Some users supported the rumors, somone even posted that back in the day he was given a Mew he was asured it was legit (not gamesharked/glitched) and the OT was "DJ" (I haven't been able to contact this user, since he hasn't been active since 2012).

On 2015 user Pirk appeared, and he said that he attended the tournament, that he had been given such a Mew (along some merchandise) and that the OT was "D-J" in fact. He dusted out his old GB and though his cousing had started a new game in his Blue cart (were he received the Mew), he had his tournament team and a clone of the Mew in his yellow cart:
 8018543c8fa93b30127b7349bf6ce148.jpg

On July 2016 I contacted Pirk to ask about the Mew and I also wanted to ask Pirk to ensure it was fully EV trained so IVs could be calculated (we later discovered that it in fact was fully EV trained).

Finally on february 2017 Pirk and I were able to meet and I dumped both his Blue and Yellow savegames. Even though the Blue save was deleted, when starting a new game only Party data and box 1 data is deleted, so I hoped the Mew might still be in the other boxes. The very same Mew was found in one (same attacks, stats, etc, a 1:1 clone, or maybe the original).

Pirk told me that in order to receive the Mew you had to show the staff that you had 150 pokémon, then they'd give it to you. It came at level 5 according to Pirk and the distribution was made via direct trade.

Up until this point everything seems like good news, but there are some oddities about this distribution:

- The DVs are not the fixed ones we know most (if not all) gen 1 Mews had. (there's a chance the NINTEN Mew had different DVs).
- The data in the Mew matches more that of a wild pokémon than that of a gen 1 mew (compared with the ones we have, remember we have both mew machine AND the Toys R Us direct trade mew samples)
- I haven't been able to find any spanish magazine that talked about the distribution, except for a very little mention many months later on the official Nintendo magazine that, in response to a letter, said that Mew was in fact distributed at the tournament in Madrid. The magazines (including official nintendo magazine) only covered the tournament, no trace from Mew distribution.
NOTE: I've talked with other people and others have confirmed that Mew was in fact distributed there.

So, what supports this Mew being the one distributed at the tournament?
- That more than one person has confirmed the distribution actually took place (and it was stated in official nintendo magazine, albeit it was a letter response).
- Pirk's word. He told me he cloned this mew many times, but that he never received any Mew from anyone and the only one he ever had was the one he received from nintendo, so there's no chance that the Mew in his yellow cartridge was a fake one and that the official one was lost when his cousing reset his blue savegame.
- That Pirk actually agreed to meet in person with me to dump his save. Would someone go as far as meeting a random internet guy just for a prank? I personally don't think so. (This is just circumstantial and my personal impression).
- In summer, I asked in a spanish forum if someone had been in Madrid in the distribution (that's how I found more people claiming they were at the event and Mew was distributed, but unfortunately none of them had their savegames). An user said he wasn't there, but that he dumped his savegame (he had the hardware to do so) and he had a mew someone cloned to him back in the day. He sent me the save and to my surprise this mew turned out to be exactly the same as Pirk's (except one move). This user lived more than 500km away from Madrid, were it was distributed and he received a Mew with the very same OT, ID and DVs. Prik did clone his Mew, and it really could be his very Mew that reached this other user 500km away, but the chances for that to happen seem extremely low to me. On the other hand, if there were multiple clones of this Mew to start with, the probability of it spreading trough the country increase exponentially. This to me is probably the strongest supporting point, simply because of probability, but of course there's always the chance that this was Pirk's mew traveling trough a chain of trades. Also, as I said, they only differ in 1 move (I'd personally expect more than 1 move being different), which is kind of a weak point.

My personal theory: this mew was really distributed there, but someone of Nintendo of Spain said something like: "I have a gameshark, why don't we distribute Mew? This will attract more people to the torunament" and they gave that person the green light. He started a new game and used a gameshark to catch a mew at level 5 or something like that (giving the mew random DVs), then he proceeded to clone that mew multiple times for the distribution (with whatever method). This may sound ridicule, but since I know how Spain and Spanish people think, I strongly believe this could have been the case. Simply put, they didn't know Mew distributions had some "rules" and didn't care to ask.

I leave it up to you to decide wether this Mew is legit or not. Someone even suggested that even if this is in fact the one distributed at the tournament, it would still not be legal if Nintendo of Spain made it in their own and didn't stick to "standard distribution rules" like fixed DVs.

Download Pirk's savegame with the mew: http://www.pokexperto.net/foros/index.php?topic=27460.msg2765479#msg2765479

ps: I'd like to know what others think about this

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I know its been a while, but has anyone got any updates or more info in regards to the Tamamushi Magikarp event? Im in desperate need to see if we can get a similar  download process, if one still exists, for one of these distributed Magikarps. Heck, id be willing to pay anyone thats willing to help out lol

Only 20 of them were ever distributed from what I remember, sadly the chances of finding a Tamamushi Magikarp 19 years later are almost 0 i imagine.

It's possible one of those 20 people might have dumped their save before the battery in the cart died, however the chances of them having uploaded that save and it even making it's way to English Pokemon communities are so small.

We really need someone who's active in both English and JPN speaking Pokemon Communities to look in to events like this. We'd probably have more chance of getting a JPN Mew, which as of now if anyone has i've never seen it shared, excluding the recent Virtual Console Mew of course.

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, crazy4994 said:

okay the forum has changed so much since I was last on. How can I extract a Mew from my Pokemon yellow?

OT:LUIGE forgot what event its from. its touched and level 100 but I bought it with its certificate on ebay so its legit

You are going to need the hardware to dump a file from your cart to your PC. 

2 hours ago, crazy4994 said:

okay the forum has changed so much since I was last on. How can I extract a Mew from my Pokemon yellow?

OT:LUIGE forgot what event its from. its touched and level 100 but I bought it with its certificate on ebay so its legit

This cart dumper/flasher or a Retrode with GB adapter are the easiest ways.

If you happen to already have a Game Boy flashcart and a Mega Memory Card, you can do it that way too, but it's a bit tricky.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 10:07 PM, crazy4994 said:

The J.Rodrigo Cart Flasher for GameBoy Deoxyz linked to is by far the most easy way to backup saves these days. I did a little tutorial / review on this a few months ago: GameBoy / GameBoy Colour USB Save Game Backup

If your in Europe i'd be happy to dump the save for you, probably wouldn't be cost effective if your on the other side of the world, however if you need any help let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 1:19 AM, suloku said:

- I haven't been able to find any spanish magazine that talked about the distribution, except for a very little mention many months later on the official Nintendo magazine that, in response to a letter, said that Mew was in fact distributed at the tournament in Madrid. The magazines (including official nintendo magazine) only covered the tournament, no trace from Mew distribution.

Any chance you could upload a scan of that page of the magazine? I would be interested to see this letter response.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really happy that at long last we got that savefile dumped. I recall Jen saying a friend of her had a blue cartridge as well, any news about that?

Also, confirmation that the cart is a retail one is great. Lots of thanks to both of you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suloku said:

I'm really happy that at long last we got that savefile dumped. I recall Jen saying a friend of her had a blue cartridge as well, any news about that?

Also, confirmation that the cart is a retail one is great. Lots of thanks to both of you!

@HaxAras had attempted to buy the Red cart back in May, but to no success. That's actually how I found out about this, but didn't get around to help have it dumped until recently. When he told me about it in September, he had mentioned the Blue cart to me from their talks, and iirc, the savefile was erased. It won't hurt to confirm it though, so I'll ask.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2018 at 11:37 AM, Deoxyz said:

@HaxAras had attempted to buy the Red cart back in May, but to no success. That's actually how I found out about this, but didn't get around to help have it dumped until recently. When he told me about it in September, he had mentioned the Blue cart to me from their talks, and iirc, the savefile was erased. It won't hurt to confirm it though, so I'll ask.

There was somebody else on Reddit who wanted their Yellow cart dumped I think it was. They would take so long to get back to me, I thought they lost interest. I know several people on Digiex were in a group PM about it. Maybe one of them/you can find the person's name and get in contact with them. I *think* they might have messaged me when I left the Pokemon community but I barely remember since that was in September-October of last year. 

• Like 1