Pokemon Haters: "excuses" that get them to shut up

D@t@_G@ll@de#3

Okay, so I've been into Pokemon for about six years, and within all that time I have noticed that some people REALLY hate Pokemon. I think I know why, though. They have seen the anime. See, the problem about the anime is that most poeple grow out of it by age seven or something because of how imature it is. When people see this show, the first thing they think is:"Well this is stupid, which obviously means the video games and tcg are, too. I think I'm gonna boycott Pokemon and be famous among the whole world." This annoys the living crap outts me, so I think this thread will help us understand their selfish nature and how to stop it with "excuses". Post anything about Pokemon that you would say to a hater to make them even possibly start liking the series.

Edited by D@t@_G@ll@de#3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is fun, even if its childish. There is that satisfactory, after playing it.

It is really sad though, that People don't find Pokemon battling competitive (wireless/WiFi/etc). I find the game extremely competitive, and extremely fun when you know about IV/EV and other stuff.

True. I find it fun and cool to have a stronger Pokémon than the other person

and espcially that you can make the Pokémon stronger than what it suposed to be.

And another thing that makes me sad about PKMN haters is that they don't know the fun of getting all the PKMN and the fun of raising your Pokémon along the way.

and espcially that you can make the Pokémon stronger than what it suposed to be.

And another thing that makes me sad about PKMN haters is that they don't know the fun of getting all the PKMN and the fun of raising your Pokémon along the way.

What I hate the most is that they start spouting random crap, and they've never even played it before. And even if they did, they treated the game pretty badly =/

Yeah, I love having the stronger pokemon! Plus, this isn't just something you can fly right through. There is so much to do and learn that you can't just be done with it in a day. I love having knew things to learn all the time and with pokemon I just gobble it all up. So fun, so interesting it is like awesome!

I've seen plenty a Pokémon hater wanting to remove everything Pokémon-related from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Hehe, I said, "If you completely oust Pokémon from Brawl, it would be like removing Metroid, Kirby and Star Fox, too. Not gonna happen."

Yeah, Pokémon haters are allowed to hate Pokémon, but they shouldn't force their opinions on others. :/

Edited by Midnight

In my experience, most people who hate this franchise see it as "uncool" because of it's time as a trend back when it first hit the states. Beyond that, they instantly dismiss it as "kiddy" due to it lacking flashy guns and gore (Halo or any other popular FPS today comes to mind), and turn a deaf ear to any logical argument against their opinion.

As for what do to? Well, just keep doing what you love. You can't force them to like something, but you can ignore them if they chastise you.

Childish, even though that Nintendo intended to make Pokemon childish, they also attempted to make it mature, I mean does two Pokemon as massive as a house, beating the crap out of each, other any means necessary, either by scorching the other with fire, or using their own claws, even grass to slash their opponents, sound childish.

and i don't think any 7 year old, should belong in the competitive battling of Pokemon, and EV, and IV breeding, and training, is way to tedious, and boring for a 7 year old. could take.

In my experience, most people who hate this franchise see it as "uncool" because of it's time as a trend back when it first hit the states. Beyond that, they instantly dismiss it as "kiddy" due to it lacking flashy guns and gore (Halo or any other popular FPS today comes to mind), and turn a deaf ear to any logical argument against their opinion.

As for what do to? Well, just keep doing what you love. You can't force them to like something, but you can ignore them if they chastise you.

Those same people probably dismissed The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker due to it's kiddy graphics. A shame, since that was a nice game.

I haven't had much of a problem with Pokemon haters, and even met a couple people at school (high school) that played Pokemon as well. If I did meet one...

"I like it. It's fun for me. If you don't like it, I'm not forcing you to play it, so shut up."

Those same people probably dismissed The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker due to it's kiddy graphics. A shame, since that was a nice game.

The same thing happens with Mario all the time. In fact, it happens with most Nintendo games with the possible exception of Metroid.

I haven't had much of a problem with Pokemon haters, and even met a couple people at school (high school) that played Pokemon as well. If I did meet one...

"I like it. It's fun for me. If you don't like it, I'm not forcing you to play it, so shut up."

Touché! I loathe the Wind Waker games. I just don't like the style they're done in, and I absolutely hate the concept of "Toon Link" (though Brawl honestly may have had a hand in amplifying that).

Pokemon haters don't know the half of it! If they think pokemon is just some stupid TV show and merely nothing else ever, then they know nothing whatsoever (no offense to those who think that way!). Theres also toys, shirts, trading cards, movies, and video games! (did I miss any? lol) I think the games are fun because you need to think strategically to win! Also because the pokemon look like awesomely cool monsters! lol!

man youshouldve saw the dojo last night. I was takin karate classes thirsday and at the end i just sat down and played my firered version. soon enough everyones crowded around me sayin "this game is tight!" or "i used to be addicted to this game!" my sister wasnt too happy about that but i know somewhere in her theres an interest.;)

To be 100% literally honest, it's due to their original US release in 1998. When they hit, most 7-11-year-olds spooged about them. As they should. The TCG made them spooge even more.

Thing is, gamers are nerds - by default. And us nerds... we like to talk nerdy - a lot - to EVERYONE. And nerdy talk is annoying TO EVERYONE, even other nerds, since we have a tendency to ramble and fan squee the whole time. And being a little kid = x 65421321321321 annoying stat.

Hell, any fan squee is annoying. It's just when it came out there where SO MANY of us and ALL OF US where so young and we wouldn't shut our rambly mouths.

We talked about it SO MUCH, and the publicity was SO HUGE it just annoyed the hell out of anyone who didn't care or thought it was stupid. It just got so big with all the publicity and the "success" of the anime, that it became a big, fat, worldwide stereotype. It's mostly North America that I know has such a bad reputation, but it exists world-wide.

Like all stereotypes, it's based on fact, but it's majoritivly untrue :3

I mean, really? What other game is there where you can make your fire monkey bludgeon an electric squirrel to "faint"? NONE.

Honestly, all pokemon is is a colored, glorified version of cock fighting :|