Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Hey Dio or anyone who might help, I've got Star Sapphire on CIA now and everything was working perfectly. I opened up my save in svdt checked yes for the anti anti-save stuff then edited it with pkhex. When I went to save it the game started giving me an error has occurred hold down the power button" messages every time I attempted to start it. I figured I'd just delete the save and restart well now svdt won't copy to or from the game, the game still won't start, and rebuilding the game from a clean CIA results in the same thing. Any suggestions?

Hey Dio or anyone who might help, I've got Star Sapphire on CIA now and everything was working perfectly. I opened up my save in svdt checked yes for the anti anti-save stuff then edited it with pkhex. When I went to save it the game started giving me an error has occurred hold down the power button" messages every time I attempted to start it. I figured I'd just delete the save and restart well now svdt won't copy to or from the game, the game still won't start, and rebuilding the game from a clean CIA results in the same thing. Any suggestions?

Uninstall the game from Data Management and reinstall. If that doesn't help you might be boned, I know deleting your save from a save manager makes the game unbootable (says so in the OP)

Since you have access to CIA files, I'd recommend using JK's Save Manager or SaveDataFiler. Both are much more stable than .3dsx homebrew alternatives.

Thx ill try that tonight or tomorrow morning

EDIT: no luck on another save program or on deleting it from data management. If i ever figure it out ill post here again

EDIT2: So I tried installing Rutile Ruby and that one won't boot either. I guess I'm SOL.

EDIT3: Fixed it. I downloaded the official update from nintendo and now im gonna save the game then re-install SS to get rid of the update

EDIT4: So tied re-installing and couldn't boot. Applied the 1.4 update and booted, saved, then deleted just the 1.4 update and it won't boot. Same thing on RR. Back to Neo Y :(

Edited by omnidouche

I prefer making my own CIAs simply because of storage reasons. Since the romfs is pretty much all the game data thats about 1.8gb per bin I have to place with hans which requires I have the original copy installed as well. If I was interested in modding all 4 games, 3 of which are eshop purchases. Now since the 3 games on their own are 5.4 gb, modding all 4 would add an additional 7.2gb. Thats a total of 12.6gb. Now seeing as I currently have a 16gb card that would be a bit of a problem. If you have a small size card and plan on modding more than 1 game via the hans method you should keep this in mind. I will certainly be checking out the patchers mentioned earlier. Regardless I look forward to trying out this mod. For those looking for X and Y mods, I discovered a newer mod for them called Eternal X and Wilting Y. Won't link to it though as unsure of the rules about that kind of thing.

Edit: I also receive unhandled exception when trying to output to .3ds with the patcher tool

Edited by Du'Islingr

I registered just to say this: this is the best mod I have ever played. 90% of hacks are unplayable for me due to how easy they are. But this is absolutely perfectly difficult. Extremely challenging from the first gym on. You nailed the competitive feel.

Question for anyone, is there any other hacks out there with a similar difficulty curve? With well built, competitive based trainer teams? I cannot find anything that even compares to this hack. The care taken with the trainers Pokemon and move sets is amazing and it seems this is sorely lacking from the modding scene otherwise.

I know this is probably answered somewhere here, but I'l ask anyway. Is this hack suppose to include the recolor textures of May and Brendan? b/c I opened the romf.bin but they are still in their original clothes color and not blue. I read the front page as they were mentioned to have different outfits, tho I'm not sure if that was used as a showcase or not, sounded as if they were included. I don't have any problems knowing how to import texture hacks my only defect/issue is knowing how to recolor the individual areas of the texture pic. Im abit of a noob in that area I could use some pointers on how to recolor with photoshop.

I registered just to say this: this is the best mod I have ever played. 90% of hacks are unplayable for me due to how easy they are. But this is absolutely perfectly difficult. Extremely challenging from the first gym on. You nailed the competitive feel.

Question for anyone, is there any other hacks out there with a similar difficulty curve? With well built, competitive based trainer teams? I cannot find anything that even compares to this hack. The care taken with the trainers Pokemon and move sets is amazing and it seems this is sorely lacking from the modding scene otherwise.

Thank you for the compliment. Currently, Drayano's hacks are the most well-known difficulty mods. I haven't developed anything else, but if you check the bottom of this thread's OP you'll be pleasantly surprised by my next project.

I know this is probably answered somewhere here, but I'l ask anyway. Is this hack suppose to include the recolor textures of May and Brendan? b/c I opened the romf.bin but they are still in their original clothes color and not blue. I read the front page as they were mentioned to have different outfits, tho I'm not sure if that was used as a showcase or not, sounded as if they were included. I don't have any problems knowing how to import texture hacks my only defect/issue is knowing how to recolor the individual areas of the texture pic. Im abit of a noob in that area I could use some pointers on how to recolor with photoshop.

They're blue in Star Sapphire, dark red in Rutile Ruby. If you're not seeing the blue outfits in Star Sapphire, you installed the hack incorrectly.

Ah ok Now it makes sense, actually I'm using Ruby lol Also 1 more important notice here the hans folder doesn't have all the files necessary to boot it up in homebrew. Sadly just about very hans pack Ive downloaded from YouTube tutorials are missing the same files like the hans.3dsx, hans.smdh and hans.xml aswell

So I rebuilt a rom to make a .cia file and everything so far works great! Love the game and was working on getting it setup for awhile, but the cartridge icon did not change to Star Sapphire? The intro has your name on it and the main screen splash is Star Sapphire so the romhack is installed correctly afaik, just no icon change.

So I rebuilt a rom to make a .cia file and everything so far works great! Love the game and was working on getting it setup for awhile, but the cartridge icon did not change to Star Sapphire? The intro has your name on it and the main screen splash is Star Sapphire so the romhack is installed correctly afaik, just no icon change.

The icon is cached in your 3DS, not sure how to remove it from cache so you get the new icon. Thankfully, the icon doesn't impact your enjoyment of the game!

Hi!

First of all thank you so much for this amazing hack!

I've run into an issue.

I followed your instructions and installed it via HANS, I chose the 679 version and everything starts up just fine.

All the pokemon are where they supposed to be according to your list and the Pokemarts are updated as well.

But the trainers are not updated. I'm not sure if this is the case for all trainers, but it certainly is for the Roxana Gym.

The three trainers you need to beat have pokemon at around lvl 7 and Roxana herself has only 2 Pokemon around lvl 10.

I did try to delete my ORAS updates, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. Unless I have to start a new save for the effect to take place?

Maybe you have an idea as to where something went wrong in my installation? I can't quite figure out what I did wrong, seeing as it starts up just fine and some of the features are implemented.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

First of all thank you so much for this amazing hack!

I've run into an issue.

I followed your instructions and installed it via HANS, I chose the 679 version and everything starts up just fine.

All the pokemon are where they supposed to be according to your list and the Pokemarts are updated as well.

But the trainers are not updated. I'm not sure if this is the case for all trainers, but it certainly is for the Roxana Gym.

The three trainers you need to beat have pokemon at around lvl 7 and Roxana herself has only 2 Pokemon around lvl 10.

I did try to delete my ORAS updates, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. Unless I have to start a new save for the effect to take place?

Maybe you have an idea as to where something went wrong in my installation? I can't quite figure out what I did wrong, seeing as it starts up just fine and some of the features are implemented.

Thanks in advance!

Did you replace the romfs files with the ones provided in "\Star Sapphire - Distribution\romfs\" and "\Star Sapphire - Distribution\Encounter Type\*\"? It sounds like you may have only replaced the latter and the exefs/code.bin.

how do you do this with ntr cfw because i have a9lh and hans is obsolete if you have cfw sincle hans will not be able to play games over 9.6 crypto so no sun and moon hacks will happen with hans and plus ntr is best to use if you have a cfw

Build a .cia file.

Hey, I've been trying to do that myself using a certain guide on another forum, but when I try to start the cia I had built, I get an error saying telling me that I need to restart by holding down power button.

Is there a certain version of the Alpha Sapphire .CIA file that I need to use to build this on? If so, what is it? Have you experienced this error before? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me some help :3

• 2 weeks later...
That is really cool! I've always loved strategy guides like that, and those tips look really useful.

Thanks a bunch. I'm currently 30 pages in, just finished up Wattson's page. The guide won't have any spoilers and is intended as a companion for the game. When I develop Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, I'll work on a strategy guide alongside the mod's release.

Does the E4 get new teams after beating Delta Episode? Also are there other trainers whose teams change after beating Delta Episode?

Yes, the Elite Four get new teams. Other trainers don't change after the Delta Episode.

When I talk to Captain Stern in the Oceanic Museum on Rutile Ruby 679 I'm getting a crash. I beat the first Team Magma grunt and then the second battle starts and his portrait gets start on the screen with the battle start text and never progresses no matter how long I wait or what I press. I'm running through Homebrew Launcher on the drag and drop version of the hack on a non-updated version of the game.

EDIT: Obviously loading the game up and just getting past that part in the normal game then going back to the romhack afterwards bypasses the part that causes the infinite hang, but I thought you might like to know about a crash in your hack.

Edited by t0rchic