Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

The flame orb thing is definitely intentional, it's a legit strategy for some pokemon, such as those with the Quick Feet ability, which boosts their speed by 50% when they have a status ailment. Same with Magic Guard Sigilyph, it uses the burn (which won't damage it) to prevent it from being put to sleep/paralysed and give it the ability to burn others.

Sorry to double post, but I'm interested in playing through the hack itself, as well -- is there a way that I could edit the title of the CIA so that I could two installations of Star Sapphire on my CFW?

Unfortunately, Pokémon games can't have their title IDs edited. Try playing through Rutile Ruby instead, or back up your save file and delete it. If you really want two Sapphire installs, buy a cartridge of Alpha Sapphire, put your main save on that, and start over in your Star Sapphire cia.

Sorry to bother you but I'm having some issue with the AreaNav. I've just finished the water gym, and whenever I try clicking the rematch button or the map my screen blacks and the sound stops. I have to reset everytime and it only suddenly started happening at this point. I don't know if this a bug or anything but if there's anything you can tell me it'll be much appreciated.

I just checked this on my own install, and this doesn't happen for me. I have no idea what's going on in your game.

Just wanted to start off by saying I love this! I have put 50 hours into Rutile Ruby and it is kicking my butt. I have two things to talk about though, the first is that I have a bug with the Bug Maniac by the daycare (on route 117 I think), the game always seems to crash when I fight him. The second is that I just evolved my Charmeleon, but for some reason my Charizard is Charizard Y. He has drought as his ability and is not the regular Charizard model. The rest of the game has been playing fine, so I wasn't sure if I messed up somehow when making the .cia. Other than those two things I am loving the game (even with those two things haha). Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this!

Those bugs are almost certainly caused by file corruption when you built the .cia, please try building it again from scratch. I just checked on my own Rutile Ruby 2.1 install and Charizard and that Bug Maniac work fine.

The flame orb thing is definitely intentional, it's a legit strategy for some pokemon, such as those with the Quick Feet ability, which boosts their speed by 50% when they have a status ailment. Same with Magic Guard Sigilyph, it uses the burn (which won't damage it) to prevent it from being put to sleep/paralysed and give it the ability to burn others.
I mean, I know the strategies behind it, like the most common Toxic Orb + Poison Heal combo. But I have seen Pokemon with Flame Orb with no practical use. (I think it was a Machamp that had the Flame Orb, but I don't remember very well).

Unfortunately, Pokémon games can't have their title IDs edited. Try playing through Rutile Ruby instead, or back up your save file and delete it. If you really want two Sapphire installs, buy a cartridge of Alpha Sapphire, put your main save on that, and start over in your Star Sapphire cia.

Ahh, that's a shame. I've got a cartridge of everything, but I'll settle for backing up my OR save and setting up RR. Thanks!

I have a question, do u guys know how to fix this bug, like when i start right after i choose my name when u need to go out the truck my game crush on the white light and i cant do annything do u know why ? help me plz :c

If I recall correctly that was a bug caused by editing CRO files like the Starters or Static Encounters without having CFW that supported CRO editing.

While playing I encountered a crash whilst encountering a horde battle via Sweet Scent. I have tried multiple times in different areas and still crash on a black screen following the initiating battle animation. Any help please?

Registered just to say I've been loving this so far! I'm on my 4th badge, but I haven't been able to beat any of them without wiping at-least once! I also like that regular trainers can just whip out mega-evolutions! I always thought it was kind of silly that you only get to face off against them a handful of times in the regular game.

Oh - I also noticed that when I talk to a trainer that initiates a horde battle they have no speech text, not sure if that was intentional or not. Haven't run into any other bugs or issues yet.

Registered just to say I've been loving this so far! I'm on my 4th badge, but I haven't been able to beat any of them without wiping at-least once! I also like that regular trainers can just whip out mega-evolutions! I always thought it was kind of silly that you only get to face off against them a handful of times in the regular game.

Oh - I also noticed that when I talk to a trainer that initiates a horde battle they have no speech text, not sure if that was intentional or not. Haven't run into any other bugs or issues yet.

That bug is noted in the OP. My choice was either allow the bug to exist or take out all the special Double, Triple, Rotation, and Horde battles. I chose the fun option, despite empty text bubbles being a little jarring.

If I braindumb my copy of AS, will it delete my current save file on it?

I've put a lot of work into AS, and I wouldn't want to delete my current progress.

Also, how do I back up my current save with .svdt, and switch between both my AS profile and my SS profile.

(I'm new to ROM hacking so...)

If I braindumb my copy of AS, will it delete my current save file on it?

I've put a lot of work into AS, and I wouldn't want to delete my current progress.

Also, how do I back up my current save with .svdt, and switch between both my AS profile and my SS profile.

(I'm new to ROM hacking so...)

Braindump doesn't delete your save (or at least has never done so for me). To back up your current save, use the SVDT app to create a backup, copy the "main" file generated in the backup to a safe location on your PC (name it AlphaSapphire or something) and then restart your save. Once you beat Star Sapphire, you can keep your Star Sapphire pokemon by putting them in the Pokemon Bank or by copying them into your main save backup with PKHeX. Then just restore that main save backup and you'll be back to normal!

Since I'm beginning school today (8/22/2016) and don't know how much free time I'll have to continue the Strategy Guide project, I have added a link to the current Strategy Guide to the OP. The guide is incomplete but has pretty much everything necessary for your enjoyment:

• Wild Pokémon Encounters and Recommended Levels for every area!

• 100% complete pages for areas up until Route 123

• Detailed information about the game's changes from OR/AS

• Helpful tips for areas up until Route 123

I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Dio_Vento

Braindump doesn't delete your save (or at least has never done so for me). To back up your current save, use the SVDT app to create a backup, copy the "main" file generated in the backup to a safe location on your PC (name it AlphaSapphire or something) and then restart your save. Once you beat Star Sapphire, you can keep your Star Sapphire pokemon by putting them in the Pokemon Bank or by copying them into your main save backup with PKHeX. Then just restore that main save backup and you'll be back to normal!

So, I braindumped Alpha Sapphire and made a backup of the file...I've found the romfs.bin file...but I don't have/can't find "RomFS Extractor.exe" so right now I can't extract the .bin file. I don't know where the RomFS Extractor would be as it took me a bit to find the romfs.bin file.

So, I braindumped Alpha Sapphire and made a backup of the file...I've found the romfs.bin file...but I don't have/can't find "RomFS Extractor.exe" so right now I can't extract the .bin file. I don't know where the RomFS Extractor would be as it took me a bit to find the romfs.bin file.

The exe is included in the distribution pack.

The exe is included in the distribution pack.

Unfortunately the Extractor keeps freezing around 81%.

Any chance you could upload an extracted romfs.bin file? (Or upload a Extractor that works for you)

Personally I've downloaded 3 extractors, but unfortunately none of them seem to work :(

So, i'm having problems dumping my digital copy of Alpha Sapphire game, braindump shows an error like "Error while reading RomFS (error oxd900458b).

Can someone help me do something about this error or try another method of dumping the game please ?

Unfortunately the Extractor keeps freezing around 81%.

Any chance you could upload an extracted romfs.bin file? (Or upload a Extractor that works for you)

Personally I've downloaded 3 extractors, but unfortunately none of them seem to work :(

Mine keeps freezing at 23.66%...I've tried several others, no luck...

To everyone freezing during the romfs extraction process: Check your hard drive space. The only time I've ever had romfs extractor freeze on me was when the drive I was extracting to was full. I can't post extracted romfs zips here, it's against the rules for Project Pokémon and GBATemp. If I could do that, I'd just post pre-built romfs packages instead of long installation instructions. Sorry, those are the rules for Project Pokémon and GBATemp.

Leveled Build: Wild Pokémon are the same as in the Legit Build, but are leveled up to keep pace with RR/SS's harsh level curve. A quick adjustment in PKHeX (editing Met Level) will make them 100% legit.

How do I get PKHeX, and how do I adjust the Met Level?

To everyone freezing during the romfs extraction process: Check your hard drive space. The only time I've ever had romfs extractor freeze on me was when the drive I was extracting to was full. I can't post extracted romfs zips here, it's against the rules for Project Pokémon and GBATemp. If I could do that, I'd just post pre-built romfs packages instead of long installation instructions. Sorry, those are the rules for Project Pokémon and GBATemp.

I have a 32 GB sd card with only two games, but i already solved the problem by reinstalling my Alpha Sapphire game, and i did not update it ( don't know if it matters).By the way, as my game is not updated when i get Star Sapphire running i can update normally ?

EDIT: ok... it seems updates are kept separate from the game itself, so it seems my game is updated, but i have another question now, is it normal for the game to freeze on a black screen when trying to soft reset ?

Edited by Raphael_FR

I have a 32 GB sd card with only two games, but i already solved the problem by reinstalling my Alpha Sapphire game, and i did not update it ( don't know if it matters).By the way, as my game is not updated when i get Star Sapphire running i can update normally ?

EDIT: ok... it seems updates are kept separate from the game itself, so it seems my game is updated, but i have another question now, is it normal for the game to freeze on a black screen when trying to soft reset ?

Unfortunately, that soft-reset stuff is a limitation of Hans. If you want to have the ability to soft-reset RR/SS for shinies/etc, install it as a cia (requires CFW 3DS). However, since the only stuff you'd ever soft-reset for are legendaries, you can just hunt them in legit OR/AS with soft-resetting intact.

If (and only if) you're playing through Hans, you don't need to uninstall updates; Hans doesn't load updates at all.

Leveled Build: Wild Pokémon are the same as in the Legit Build, but are leveled up to keep pace with RR/SS's harsh level curve. A quick adjustment in PKHeX (editing Met Level) will make them 100% legit.

How do I get PKHeX, and how do I adjust the Met Level?

Get PKHeX here. Back up your game's save with SVDT or JKSM, edit the file with PKHeX. The "Met Level" statistic is in the "OT/Misc." tab of the Pokémon editor.