Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Hey there Dio...

I'm here to congratulate you on the hack, once again. Amazing job. It was the first and only game i've ever played on a 3ds. Probably even the most fun i've ever had with videogames, which surely wasnt going to be nearly the same playing the original. If i could change anything from the game, i think the only thing would be some evolutions made even easier, with the itens to evolve easily available from the start. Because the game gets really tough right there in the begining, requiring some specially evolved beasts.

I'm here also for a request... Keep on with the overall changes you made in this game to Umbra Moon and the Sun hack as well. I've searched other hacks (X/Y ones) and found some, but they changed stuff way beyond the good point. Typing changes, legendaries and starters easily available (we don't need all of them, like in your game, to have fun. Somes starters here or there, ok in my opinion), ilegal moves everywhere, move changes, level up easier for some pkm, and overall easier game than your hack too (no lvl 100 elite 4, as far as i'm concerned).

Well, at least if you do decide to make changes like these in the next hacks, make the legal ones available too.

Anyways, just some opinions of a die hard pokemon fan since blue/red.. Keep up the good work.

Hey Dio,

Rom hacking has got me really interested! I decided to make my own hack for my own playthrough! Some of your own changes would be used. Is that okay? I assume it's okay since i saw different threads with a repost of your rom (assuming they got your permission)? I would be doing some of my own editing on top of yours!

Cheers!

So I've spent like the last 3 days trying to get this whole thing to work... I've followed the step by step tutorial on the video twice now, everything works fine up until the end and the banner for the game doesn't show up on homebrew... makes no sense and I've done the steps exactly how they are shown.

Hey Dio, thanks a lot for everything you've done, this hack is fantastic, I'm playing on a CIA I've made out of the leveled build. I just have a question regarding expected level of the leveled build. I'm finding pokemon lvl 6-9 in route 116. Is that correct or I'm actually playing the legit one?

Can you play online with the legit built? Like Trading + online battles ?

technically speaking, yes.

practically speaking, you would need to be running the latest nintendo firmware to do the wifi stuff, which would mean no homebrew, which means no hans...

although, of course, you could have the cartridge registered for wifi purposes on a different 3ds. (you would end up screwing up your daily events, though)

technically speaking, yes.

practically speaking, you would need to be running the latest nintendo firmware to do the wifi stuff, which would mean no homebrew, which means no hans...

although, of course, you could have the cartridge registered for wifi purposes on a different 3ds. (you would end up screwing up your daily events, though)

Actually that wouldn't be a problem at all, if you use emunand or A9LH sysnand you can install the latest firmware without issues.

But you would also need the latest game updates, which could break some stuff from the hack

Actually that wouldn't be a problem at all, if you use emunand or A9LH sysnand you can install the latest firmware without issues.

But you would also need the latest game updates, which could break some stuff from the hack

I believe that there is a procedure to extract the update patch data and also apply it to the decrypted files prior to forming the romfs

I believe that there is a procedure to extract the update patch data and also apply it to the decrypted files prior to forming the romfs

that would be awesome :o But wouldn't it change only the files, and not necessarily the game's version seen by the 3DS??

If I get Star Sapphire, will it replace the information on my Alpha Sapphire game?

I've never downloaded something like this so I just want to be sure that it doesn't delete my current game.

Will I also be able to play against other people online...like people who are using Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby?

If I get Star Sapphire, will it replace the information on my Alpha Sapphire game?

I've never downloaded something like this so I just want to be sure that it doesn't delete my current game.

Will I also be able to play against other people online...like people who are using Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby?

It does not overwrite the save file, and the save is compatible back & forth (and is legal, as long as you use the legal version).

For the second question, see the last several posts before yours (someone else just asked the same).

Hey guys, I have a question? Baring legendaries, if I catch pokemon from the 679 build, then breed them and hatch them, shouldn't they be fine for competitive and online battles for my vanilla game? Legendaries aren't an issue since I can just pkhex them to use online?

Also If I battle locally with a friend using the same rom back, shouldn't I be fine to? Since local battle just reads from the game and not a server? (I edited some moves so those should work for local battles?)

This might have been asked before but I'm a bit nervous - is the patch reversible? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm really new to ROM hacking). I really want to try Rutile Ruby, but I don't want to irreversibly change my Omega Ruby.

This might have been asked before but I'm a bit nervous - is the patch reversible? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm really new to ROM hacking). I really want to try Rutile Ruby, but I don't want to irreversibly change my Omega Ruby.

Make a backup of your source ROM. If you're using HANS, then your game is not altered.

You know what...I give up trying to install this.

Like, nothing helps.

I've tried installing it for like 3 hours and I'm still clueless on what I'm suppose to do.

And apparently I have to delete my current file meaning I can't trade from the hack to my actual game...which I thought was an option...I don't have two copies so trading can't happen. Backing up means I can't trade from the hack to my back-up.

Everything is just too damn complicated and none of the "guides" I've found help at the slightest.

The current video just assumes you know how to do everything before you download this, but no...I don't. For example Homebrew. I have LoZooT, but I don't know how to properly download the oot3dhax file to access Homebrew.

And if I do search for videos on how to download this type of stuff, they don't help...

I honestly really wanted to try this...but I don't see it happening unless I get some actual help :frown:

My 3ds update is 11.0

Edited by LunarFrost

Bug Report:

Trainer May, #299, The movesets for Pokemon #3 and Pokemon #4 on her team are switched with each other (the other May & Brendan teams moves for those pokemon match with each other).

I lost almost my entire team to that recover...

So I've got this working perfectly and without issue, but I find the message about the Pokemon not being spotted in Hoenn yet whenever I catch one to be pretty disappointing. Reading the descriptions of pokemon after I catch them and seeing their stats is one of my favorite parts of these games. Is there any way to fix this? For example, if I flick on an event flag in PKHex to enable the national dex, which event flag might that be and would it break my game?