PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

It doesn't have narc support but you can still copy and paste your modified narc files by going into the tmp_(romname) folder. All the files are there and automatically updated once you make your changes in PPRE. It's pretty simple, I don't think it can get any simpler... Unless people are just lazy.

Well, to be fair, it's not like Pokemon ROM editing is a well-documented pastime. It does take a ton of tedious trial and error to get to the point where you're able to do anything and make it work. I mean, it's not like the Pokemon games are open source; they were never meant to be hacked, and so by the very nature of the process you are working against the grain, so to speak.

• 2 months later...

Hey, could I get some help?

I have PPRE version 0.14

But only "Pokemon" and "Maps" work, "Moves" and "Trainers" doesn't bring up anything, and "TM/HM", "Items", "Abilities" and "Scripts" bring up sort of half of what they should, the window says "Dialog" and it doesn't work. Also when I close out of it, it says to see logfile "PPRE.exe" a txt file which said the follwoing.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 269, in openMoveEdit

File "ppre.pyw", line 2818, in __init__

File "ppre.pyw", line 416, in ReadWazaNarc

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon Platnium/root/poketool/waza/pl_waza_tbl.narc'

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon Platnium/root/poketool/waza/pl_waza_tbl.narc'

File "ppre.pyw", line 3052, in updateScript

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'scriptFile'

Can someone help please?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This might be a stupid question, but how do encounter percentages work, exactly? I get the 20%/20%/10/10/10/10/5/5/4/4/1/1 part, and I get the swarms, but where do the Day and Night sections come in? Are they just additional slots for the grass encounters, or a modifier for existing encounters?

They replace them.

HGSS:

Radio replaces slots 2,3,4,5

Morning/Night are unique (total replacements) of all slots.

Swarms replace slots 0,1

For DPPt:

PokeRadar replaces slots 6,7,10,11

Night/Day replaces only slots 2,3

GamePaks replace slots 8,9

Swarms replace slots 0,1

example output:

http://eggmove.com/encounterheartgold.htm

http://eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm

thanks!

One more thing:

How do I edit Poke Mart items, if I wanted to make certain held items/evolutionary stones available early on/consistently?

Edit: (this is for Platinum btw, if that's important. I'm looking to edit Veilstone's dept store and then the second sellers in the marts who sell mail and stuff)

• 1 month later...

I think this is simply amazing how it actually finds the things within the narc files for you so that you don't have to keep going back into your notes just to find what's where lol. But does it have a actual script editor? I downloaded the newest version I think PPRE 2.2.0 and I can only edit moves, pokemon and text

• 4 weeks later...

Is it even possible to save changes done to TMs&HMs and edited Attacks? Because there is no button in the respective window that let's me save what I did. It only works for the Pokémon data. Can someone help me out or link me an updated version of PPRE? The version I'm using is PPRE beta 0.14.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

for version .14 i need some answers to these questions. first, under the trainer tab it has 0ch, oDh, and a few more with different letters, what are they for? and when editing the trainer pokemon what is u0 and form number for? For all of these 0ch, u0, and form #, the values i know are numbers, so if the u0 is for something like the nature what number would be what nature? basically your telling me the values the numbers have for each field and what they will do to the pokemon

cheers,

p.s google does not help with this.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there a specific type of rom I need to make Soul Silver work properly with this? I tried using it but the Move Editor section doesn't work properly. All the moves have dialogue as descriptions and after the first 10 moves or so the data stops loading and every move says the same thing. The abilities and item section are the same. Do these editors just not work right now? Are there any better tools for Soul Silver editing if the problem is just that I'm trying to edit Soul Silver?

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I know that I am incredibly late to the party, but I have recently gained the interest in editing Pokemon ROMs to express my creativity in my free time.

Upon some experimentation, I completed a ROM that's almost entirely custom-made and it seems to work pretty well for the most part.  All of the Pokemon show up in their respected routes, all of the trainers seem to function properly, and the editor seems to work extraordinarily well except for one singular bug that affects the gameplay of the entire ROM.

I encountered the relatively common issue that is the "Freeze Bug" when Mr. Apricorn gives you the Apricorn Box on Route 30.  I thought this was just a one-time issue until it kept occurring no matter how many times I restarted the ROM or saved the game.  I eventually decided to attempt to find a loophole by entering the house and physically talking to Mr. Apricorn to obtain the box instead of initiating the cutscene.  I then realized that the cutscene was causing the freeze, not the gameplay itself.  I realized, however, that this only happens for a given number of cutscenes throughout the game.  Another example of this is the man that gives you the Miracle Seed on Route 32 after defeating the Violet City Gym.  If you walk in front of him, he will initiate a cutscene and the game will freeze.  However, if you physically talk to him, that will allow you to skip the cutscene entirely and proceed on.  An optional cutscene that I ended up taking note of was the Ruins of Alph Kabuto puzzle.  Once you complete the puzzle, you will fall into the pits of the Ruins and an unavoidable cutscene will initiate and freeze the game.  I took note of this and moved on from there.  I made my way through Union Cave and into Azeala Town.  As I made my way into the Slowpoke Well, I beat Proton and as soon as you beat him, an unavoidable cutscene initiates where Kurt comes into the back part of the well and talks to you.  Unfortunately, I have not found a loophole around this and I've been forced to halt gameplay for the time being until further notice.

I've explored the forums here, watched several YouTube videos, and no one has made a note regarding the cutscene freezing.  I was wondering if anyone on this thread could help me as soon as possible!  Thanks.  :)

- Rust