Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've gotta do the NitroExplorer thing for it to work, but I'm excited. Good job on the fast update. c:

Edit: I am wondering though, would it be possible to include the 2CH AP patch with the translation patch in the future?

It's not a major deal, but out of curiosity.

Again, good job and good luck.

Edited by czar kazem
Double posts suck, man.

I've gotta do the NitroExplorer thing for it to work, but I'm excited. Good job on the fast update. c:

Edit: I am wondering though, would it be possible to include the 2CH AP patch with the translation patch in the future?

It has the 2cn patch, why the fuck are you doing it the nitro way?

Right now there are some cards that already fully support B2W2 without any patches. For some reason, pokestation pre-included AP patch screws up the ROM (whenever I try just to extract a002 and a003 and to reinsert them into clean ROM, this clean ROM works fine). I would like either a choice of "just translation"/"translation with AP" or just translation the way it is now. It is not like applying dicastia patch from 2CH with a hex editor is too complicated thing to do.

I was looking through the GitHub repository to see what's been fixed and I noticed this

-If the artist is enjoying themselves,\xfffeit doesn't matter if it's art or junk.

+If the Burghst is enjoying themselves,\xfffeit doesn't matter if it's art or junk.

And other lines like it. It probably happened due to a find/replace option. Has this been fixed at all?

I was looking through the GitHub repository to see what's been fixed and I noticed this

-If the artist is enjoying themselves,\xfffeit doesn't matter if it's art or junk.

+If the Burghst is enjoying themselves,\xfffeit doesn't matter if it's art or junk.

And other lines like it. It probably happened due to a find/replace option. Has this been fixed at all?

Ah I forgot the match case option then. I'll reverse the accidental edits soon.

It has the 2cn patch, why the fuck are you doing it the nitro way?

Because it's a hobby of mine, and I really think it's very fun.

Because it hasn't worked, why the fuck do you think?

It only works on my card when I patch a ROM with the 2CH patcher, and then use NitroExplorer to move the files over.

Right now there are some cards that already fully support B2W2 without any patches. For some reason, pokestation pre-included AP patch screws up the ROM (whenever I try just to extract a002 and a003 and to reinsert them into clean ROM, this clean ROM works fine). I would like either a choice of "just translation"/"translation with AP" or just translation the way it is now. It is not like applying dicastia patch from 2CH with a hex editor is too complicated thing to do.

Alright, I had no idea it had that effect (I have a Pokestation patched Black 2, Project Pokemon patched White 2, but I haven't played either yet), so thanks for explaining that.

It would be nice to have the option, like you mentioned, but I'll do the longer route if it means a better patch.

Alright, I had no idea it had that effect (I have a Pokestation patched Black 2, Project Pokemon patched White 2, but I haven't played either yet), so thanks for explaining that.

It would be nice to have the option, like you mentioned, but I'll do the longer route if it means a better patch.

Normally, it shouldn't have that effect. Altering hex values that only involve the AP should do nothing but affect the AP. If there are any ill effects from applying an AP patch (or a translation patch that includes that AP fix), then you should be looking at your cart, not at the patch.

By the way, to note, those "some cards" only include the Supercard DSTWO. Nothing else can run the games clean yet. I wouldn't say the problem of one person with a DSTWO is the problem of everybody.

ok my roms crashing before it starts.

i know it not my rom i was playing black2 white 2 before.

why is it not working

i got a pokestation patch working on my ds

but this patch wont work my rom crashes

is something different that doesnt let my flash card detect it?

i read the progress ahead on this site so figure test it but not working at all :/

By the way, to note, those "some cards" only include the Supercard DSTWO. Nothing else can run the games clean yet. I wouldn't say the problem of one person with a DSTWO is the problem of everybody.

Not true, my CycloDS Evolution runs the clean ROM fine. :)

How do we apply both patches that are within the v2 packages?

I applied the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMN', then when I attempted to apply the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMNJapanesePokemonNames' I get a checksum error.

-or-

Do they both contain the same coding except that the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMNJapanesePokemonNames' romanized the Kanji names?

How do we apply both patches that are within the v2 packages?

I applied the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMN', then when I attempted to apply the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMNJapanesePokemonNames' I get a checksum error.

-or-

Do they both contain the same coding except that the 'PKMNBLKENGv2PROJECTPKMNJapanesePokemonNames' romanized the Kanji names?

Yes, you only apply one of the patches, it is up to preference.

It doesn´t work for me guys, v1 worked just fine, but v1.1 and v2 only translate the title screen and the menu when a poke learns a new move... names, natures and other stuff are not translated, any ideas why this is happening? Im using woodm3 btw

got it to work finally with using nitro but that stops cheats. Had to disable the cheats option on acekard 2i for it to work

where if i use nitro i can get english translation+original game id so cheats and other options still work...

I Decided to test the English patched rom on desmume before i put it on my ak2i, On desmume there a White screen at the beginning and only the audio plays.

It works fine on my Acekard though, Just thought you guys would like to know. :)