My Review on Pokemon Platinum Version...

PowerlessSoul

ive been a long time pokemon fan for years. But, pokemon platinum came as a little bit disappointing. I got it and beat it the day i got it (With no hacks). just comes to show that you can't love every pokemon game. if i were to suggest this game to anyone, it's a 30%-70% chance that they would like it or not. i personally think that this game needs more potential.

Well that is about it. I can't show you guys how disappointing this was for me.

My Rating of Platinum: 5.0 out of 10.0

-Lord Was

Mind clarifying on the issues you did and did not like? You can't just say you didn't like the game and then call it a review.

Ok. features i liked: Wifi and Battle frontier.

Now for the features i didnt like: the storyline. Reason: it was too short and disappointing to me. i hated that part.

Not necessarily, i'm just saying the storyline wasnt good. i think they should have changed it majorly. Any Comments?

What did ya feel wasn't too good? Did ya feel that the story lacked reality? Or was it that the story just was a complete failure? I felt it was a definite improvment from the original Diamond and Pearl, Lax?

Munch Bro Squintin': Uh... I gots nothin' boss, Squint?

Munch Bro Alert: You did say it all boss, Hey?

The Snore: *Snore*..., Snore?

Not necessarily, i'm just saying the storyline wasnt good. i think they should have changed it majorly. Any Comments?

Plat is the "third version". They aren't going to majorly change it. It's going to stay the same, with the focus on the new features.

It seems like you were expecting a brand new game with a new region. That was unrealistic.

Really, I thought it was great for what it was. :/

Like others have said, don't expect much change for a third edition of a gen. It's like expecting a remix of a song to be super awesome amazing and nothing like the original. It'll just have little features never put into the first one, nothing to drastically new. If you dislike this entire gen, say so, but don't just hate on a remix of it. >.<

Platinum is just like Emerald to Ruby, and Sapphire, there's really no major changes, it's just how the Pokemon formula works, there is usually a third game that follows the pair, and it depends on the person for the rating, because if someone hasn't obtained Pokemon Diamond, or Pearl yet, and they want a new Pokemon game, then Platinum would be perfect for THEM, and some people just want to play Platinum because it's something new and shiny.:)

I actually really liked the small additions to platinum, coming from D/P I feel that although slight they made the game seem unique in it's own way.

The ONLY gripe I have is that some of the new sprites look SIGNIFICANTLY less cooler than their D/P counter parts.

namely Scizor/Gengar/Gyarados/Azelf/Jolteon to name a few.

Although things like Lucario/Vaporeon/Gliscor... got cooler sprites.

Lucario and Vaporeon definitely got better sprites (Lucario's sprite in D/P was a bit awkward... and the calm looking Vaporeon in Platinum fits her more). There's also Froslass and Glaceon who got better. I do agree some Pokemon got weird looking sprites, like Gengar.

Other than that, I like the addition of new Pokemon, and the realism added in Route 215 (back in D/P Ponytas and Geodudes were found in that route in abundance... now it's a bunch of Marills and Scythers! Check out that route yourself and see why it's so weird!)

for me, as a new pokemon gamer (i started only on Pearl), i find Platinum alright and the improvements are noticeable. my only disappointment ('though i'm not 100% sure, hope that someone would confirm this) is that trapinch/vibrava is NOT obtainable in Platinum :( (trade is really not an option for me :( )

but over-all, i really find the game cool, especially the Battle Frontier, the Battle Recorder, the Torn World and the side quests, all of those I consider great. :)

The one think I liked particularly about Platinum was that it sped up the battles a lot. I found the pace of battle for D/P really irksome when compared to Platinum.

The Distortion World had a lot of potential, I suppose. But that's about it, really.