No I don't. But it does seem like this is going to be for it. I'm just saying, I think it will have no way of obtaining gen III Pokemon without getting them from DPPT. Then again, that new building in Goldenrod does seem like a pal-park to me.

What if... they implement the dongle system again? :P

That wouldn't be so bad, now would it? Or... just trade from DPP to fill that. Or... they'll add Hoenn Pokemon after you beat the E4 or something. I don't know, but they WILL do something.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a little bit of new information revealed.

An old man (Kurt?) has to do with the Jagged-Ear Pichu event, and we get to see its in battle sprite. Also, the Arcues-Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event, you must take the Arceus to the Ruins of Alph to open up the new area, "Shinto Ruins". You then get your choice of one of the three dragons after some swirling Unown and a hatching egg.

Watch the video.

http://www.filb.de/1086

And there's music <3

I wonder where those ruins are o__O

Mt.Silver or what?

LOL @ pal park for DPt->HGSS

Those will be able to trade normally...why wouldn't they? Because of JEPichu? There are better solutions for that.

But IMO there will be the time capsule in the game, as replacement for Palpark. The existence of the DSi doesn't kill it's purpose and it's not such a big feature to think about not including it....

If you look into the video at 1:30 you'll see that there a button with a ribbon symbol. It must mean that the contests will appear. I think that the location of the contest must be in the zone next to the National Park.

:eek: The Arceus event is awesome!!

Can´t wait to play!!

Don't even start the contest argument. lol

That ribbon button doesn't mean anything. You get ribbons for all kinds of things besides contests, beating the Elite 4, footprints, etc. I don't care if contests are in or not, but that little button proves nothing. For all we know, it could simply be there to check what ribbons your Sinnoh Pokemon have when you trade them over.

We have a little bit of new information revealed.

An old man (Kurt?) has to do with the Jagged-Ear Pichu event, and we get to see its in battle sprite. Also, the Arcues-Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event, you must take the Arceus to the Ruins of Alph to open up the new area, "Shinto Ruins". You then get your choice of one of the three dragons after some swirling Unown and a hatching egg.

Watch the video.

http://www.filb.de/1086

Oh, I get it now. The eigaken Arceus is to be traded to HG or SS to have it follow you, to take it to Cynthia to let you pass. They showed nothing else, but now we know you can't catch Arceus. And now we know that the Pichu is available for battle, but I hope we can catch it.

But IMO there will be the time capsule in the game, as replacement for Palpark. The existence of the DSi doesn't kill it's purpose and it's not such a big feature to think about not including it....

I really do hope this game is not DSi exclusive, because the time capsule would be a very good addition to the game. Instead of just taking the Pokémon from your old game, you trade with it! But how would the overworld sprites work...

I kinda figured it was obvious that you couldn't catch Arceus in game, since every promotional item about Acreus since HGSS announcement has stated it needed to be traded there to unlock the event.

You are allowed to keep the Jagged-Ear Pichu from the event at the Ilex Shrine, it joins your party, supposedly without even having a battle.

Well, you don't have to be sure, but I am.

I say its a translation difference, just like how the Japanese games say "Wild *Pokemon* jumped out!" while the US games say "Wild *Pokemon* appeared!". Them saying it became your partner is just them saying it joined your party, not captured, because its a gift that I'm 90% sure you won't have to battle.

It joins you because you because it is friends with the Pikachu-colored Pichu you own to trigger the event. And I'm sure it doesn't matter if you have an open space in your party or not, only eggs aren't obtainable if you have a full party, everything else is transferred to your PC if you have no more room in your party.

I assume the old guy in the picture comes out and explains about the Jagged-Ear Pichu, then states how it looks like it wants to go with the player and the Shiny Pichu. The gift/caught Pokemon music plays after it walks into your trainers sprite, and then is says it joined your party.

Edited by Greencat

I said right above the paragraph about speculated details of the event that if you have no party room, it will go to the PC. The only time party space matters is if you are to obtain an egg, or gaining a gift from a WC and the green Pokemart dude.

I'm sure the event will activate even if you have a full party. There are no regulations on activating events for the Regis, Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus in the Sinnoh games, I don't see why they'd add it now.

True, so I guess they will just send her to the PC. What I really want to know is what they are going to do with the Arceus event. It hatches right on the spot, but I didn't see the character in the video choose who he wanted. I guess they give you an egg of which one you wanted, which of course explains the level. There are so many things in this game that is getting me so hyped up. Maybe this Pichu is linked somehow to the Celebi event, since it hides out behind the shrine.

I believe you walk onto the cirlce of the dragon you want. Dialga on the bottom left, Palkia on the bottom right, and Giratina at the top. Arceus then creates the egg and it hatches right then and there before you are actually given the Pokemon.

Gotta say, it'll be strange seeing the egg hatch and knowing its a huge Pokemon that weighs between 700ish and 1600ish lbs right off the bat.

Oh, I get it now. The eigaken Arceus is to be traded to HG or SS to have it follow you, to take it to Cynthia to let you pass. They showed nothing else, but now we know you can't catch Arceus. And now we know that the Pichu is available for battle, but I hope we can catch it.

I really do hope this game is not DSi exclusive, because the time capsule would be a very good addition to the game. Instead of just taking the Pokémon from your old game, you trade with it! But how would the overworld sprites work...

Excuse me for asking, but who the hell said that this was going to be a DSi exclusive? Hell, was there ANY official word whatsoever stating that there were going to be ANY benefits from playing this game on the DSi? Rhetorical question. There is absolutely no basis for a claim that this game will be optimized for the DSi. Why would GameFreak piss their fanbase off like that? They'd make more money with the Game being on the DS lite, because more people would buy it.

Edited by wraith89
Red hurts my eyes, sorry :-/

Excuse me for asking, but who the hell said that this was going to be a DSi exclusive? Hell, was there ANY official word whatsoever stating that there were going to be ANY benefits from playing this game on the DSi? Rhetorical question. There is absolutely no basis for a claim that this game will be optimized for the DSi. Why would GameFreak piss their fanbase off like that? They'd make more money with the Game being on the DS lite, because more people would buy it.

I think it's common sense for no game to be a "model exclusive" as long as it is of the same type. Anyhow, that post was pretty rude. I suggest you, er, fix it?

Next time, I believe I'll have to give you an infraction... and that RED HURTS.

Yes it was rude. And no one said it was, this is a rumor. I'm saying I hope it is not a DSi exclusive, not that it was going to be. Please learn the difference. Anyways, to keep this thread going again, I believe that the shiny Pokemon will have their own overworld sprites. Everyone forgot about shinies so I though I'd bring it up.

Yes it was rude. And no one said it was, this is a rumor. I'm saying I hope it is not a DSi exclusive, not that it was going to be. Please learn the difference. Anyways, to keep this thread going again, I believe that the shiny Pokemon will have their own overworld sprites. Everyone forgot about shinies so I though I'd bring it up.

They won't make it DSi exclusive. They wouldn't dare. If they did, it would be stupid, because fans like me and you would go and destroy the makers of Pokémon.

Alrighty, how about responding to the speculation this time? I don't want this thread to go off topic. Now, do you believe they will have overworld sprites for shiny Pokemon, or just use the sprites of the normal colored sprites for shinies like they always did with the icons?

I think the pikachu colored pichu implies that we may be seeing differently colored sprites for the overworld. That pichu is a shiny, after all.

I think it's common sense for no game to be a "model exclusive" as long as it is of the same type. Anyhow, that post was pretty rude. I suggest you, er, fix it?

Next time, I believe I'll have to give you an infraction... and that RED HURTS.

Infraction for rudeness or red text? I kinda find it hard to live without my favorite color text.