Will you be buying Heart Gold and or Soul Silver?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying Heart Gold and or Soul Silver?

• Yes, I will be buying
    • No

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Since I've grown out of having all versions and instead just sticking to one of them (and the additional third one they make) I'll probably get Gold, as one of my friends for certain will be getting Silver.

More people prefer Gold version over Silver

More people prefer Ruby over Sapphire

More people prefer Fire Red over Leaf Green

More people prefer Diamond over Pearl

Strange; back when Gold and Silver originally came out, I got the impression that Silver was the more popular of the two. That's the one I preferred and bought, anyway. In all the other versions I agree, though... Red, Ruby, FireRed and Diamond are the ones I bought (and the 3rd version remakes).

They sucked

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Flootenkerp, Dercat: if you are going to post, please contribute to the discussion. Thanks :)

Also, if you think they were terrible, please state WHY.

Consider this as your first warning. Any repeated things like that will result to getting you an infraction. And if you want to know what that is... well, let's say it's NOT a good thing, so it's best you avoid that ;)

As my journalism teacher always used to say: if you're going to argue for or against something, please state three good reasons as to why :]

^ to add to Wraith's post!

Hm...maybe that should be my sig post lol

Don't blame me when you return to your house of burnt rubble... You brought this upon yourself.

On topic post, I always had mixed version preferences. I wanted Red, Gold, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Diamond. Well just two but still, I just like Kyogre better.

o_O

First part was... weird, but second part is okay. Good going Floot. You're learning how to be a poster :grog:

^ Erm, btw don't drink beer!

Yeah, I think my bias was for the colors because blue was my favorite color.

I don't know if I should buy the game or not, I'm a bit too old X_X

@Okami: Yes! Put that in your signature please! :D

Although they never did that again... I mean think about it. After generation II there was Ruby and Sapphire which only allowed you to catch the mascot of the individual game. Then there is Diamond and Pearl which only allowed you to, once again, capture the mascot of the individual game. Of course both Emerald and Platinum allowed you to catch both though, but a third game is out of the question. Do you think there might be a possibility of them making it so you can only catch the mascot of the individual game you bought? If they do, that would be pretty stupid.

Back then in G/S there was an incentive to get one version over the other. It was because in Gold you get a Ho-oh with Sacred Fire while Lugia gets Aeroblast in Silver... but both versions can't get both Pokes with their signature moves (Crystal couldn't get either). Now there will be move tutors and Sacred Fire/Aeroblast has been moved to a higher level so I don't think it will matter anymore. But then again, I never run Aeroblast on Lugia. :P

Gamefreak WILL disappoint... so I don't know. But I doubt it. But if they do I won't be surprised either. The thing is, both Pokes are at different locations while those version mascots were available in the same place but only one is available in one version... so it might not be the case... hopefully :o