Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

Speaking of PKM files, has anybody thought of making something along the lines of a PKM'dex?

-Collect PKM files from every route, area, etc. upload them as legit PKM files. Be able to select from a map, have a list of pokemon caught there, and download the specific PKM files if available. Like a mixture of the Sinnoh Database and PKM files.

-"Unique" Trainer Owned PKM files. It's easy enough to catch a trainer's pokemon with hacks. Gym, Elite 4, Rivals, and Rockets have unique pokemon in their teams. Much like the TCG, having PKM filed labeled "Trainer's Pokemon", like Misty's Starme.

Kinda like that.

I'd start, but I have nowhere to upload PKM files neatly and graphically.

Edited by Mewtwo Ex
correction

sorry still new here...i was wondering where the event pokemon download list is...it says the page does not exist...does any one have like a backup of them or something if it still doesn't work...

The events are almost done according to the staff they said the events will be up soon :)

-Collect PKM files from every route, area, etc. upload them as legit PKM files. Be able to select from a map, have a list of pokemon caught there, and download the specific PKM files if available. Like a mixture of the Sinnoh Database and PKM files.

-"Unique" Trainer Owned PKM files. It's easy enough to catch a trainer's pokemon with hacks. Gym, Elite 4, Rivals, and Rockets have unique pokemon in their teams. Much like the TCG, having PKM filed labeled "Trainer's Pokemon", like Misty's Starme.

Kinda like that.

I'd start, but I have nowhere to upload PKM files neatly and graphically.

1 would be a huge hassle and the only difference between Bidoof on Route X and Bidoof on Route Y is...well, the route.

Trainer Owned Pokemon aren't identified as such because, when catching them through the cheat, they come out with your OT/ID. Also, pointless.

Hi, i want to use the Wondercard for the Event-Stage for the PokéWalker, but I can´t use the the downloaded Wondercard, because the HGSS Pokésav Tool have not the option to go to Event Section. How can I install the Wondercard in my gamesave?

You could use the Mystery gift editor tool. Search for it you'll find it. It works with HG/SS.

hey I have a question i've been confused about for a while...I've been collecting the different pcd and pgt for most of the events in the past couple years....In order to find ones I'm missing I would go on bulbapedia and search the list of events and such...I noticed that on the info cards they have highlighted titles for the games a particular event was distributed for, (i.e. for 10th aniversary mew Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG and SS are all highlighted....) but I also noticed that there are some event pokemon where it wasn't distributed for all the ds titles, even though thoses titles were already released, (i.e the " US Video Game Championships 2009 Milotic" was only released for Platinum according to the site, but not available for Diamond or Pearl distribution.) I've also noticed this for the events for items such as "member's pass" where it mentions that it was only given out for Platinum through wifi...

what I want to know is does this mean that the events, for the titles that weren't highlighted, were just outright blocked...or does it mean that these particular events were recommended for the highlighted titles, but if you wanted you could still get it on any ds game that was out at the time...

Im trying to be as legitimate as possible when I make these WCs and export to my games, so if events werent technically able to be given out to certain titles I don't want to do it...I know it can be done through the action replay no problem, but if "wifi" or "distribution centers" prevented it, then I will too....

hey I have a question i've been confused about for a while...I've been collecting the different pcd and pgt for most of the events in the past couple years....In order to find ones I'm missing I would go on bulbapedia and search the list of events and such...I noticed that on the info cards they have highlighted titles for the games a particular event was distributed for, (i.e. for 10th aniversary mew Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG and SS are all highlighted....) but I also noticed that there are some event pokemon where it wasn't distributed for all the ds titles, even though thoses titles were already released, (i.e the " US Video Game Championships 2009 Milotic" was only released for Platinum according to the site, but not available for Diamond or Pearl distribution.) I've also noticed this for the events for items such as "member's pass" where it mentions that it was only given out for Platinum through wifi...

what I want to know is does this mean that the events, for the titles that weren't highlighted, were just outright blocked...or does it mean that these particular events were recommended for the highlighted titles, but if you wanted you could still get it on any ds game that was out at the time...

Im trying to be as legitimate as possible when I make these WCs and export to my games, so if events werent technically able to be given out to certain titles I don't want to do it...I know it can be done through the action replay no problem, but if "wifi" or "distribution centers" prevented it, then I will too....

Such a big question that took a while... And the answer is fairly simple. Every event that is added to the main zip/rar file in the beginning of the thread are legal and legit. Be is as it may that some are for some versions, people can trade some events.(That do not posses classical ribbon) Having a pokemon like that in a game that is not supposed to be in, well that can be your only problem...

Is anyone planning to dump and contribute the German Arceus Wondercard?

Event started today.

Patience is a virture. If it hasn't been "dumped" in the Contribution Thread yet, it means nobody has obtained it. European events usually take several days if not weeks to get dumped for some reason (HECK, I didn't even know it was out yet lol). :)

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway to get the event Pokemon here without having two DS or an action replay?

If you have the ability to dump and restore cartridge save data (or play from a flash cart with the *.sav file already accessible), you can use Pokesav to inject the PCD and PGT's files directly into your game, allowing you to pick up the gift from the delivery guy as usual.

Is there anyway to get the event Pokemon here without having two DS or an action replay?

You don't need two DSes. You do however need to have access to a game, a working save file, and either an Action Replay (or ARDSi if you have a DSi) or a flash card (again, flash cards have compatibility variations depending on DS or Dsi).

Game? Check!

Working Save File? I can get form here, right?

Action Replay? I don't have and don't really want one since I heard they don't last long.

Flash Card? Also, don't have. Do they have a good lifespan? If so, what is a good, and cheap, site to get one?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just been going through an old save file of mine with my events all backed up and i got reminded about the e-reader mon from Guested's distant land collection.

These mon had zero IV's and there was a bit of discussion about why this was so. Was there any conclusion to it and if they were broke a remedy for them?

I wasnt sure if they had to be Mystery Gifted for the IV's to be generated (like when u try save a mon from a wondercard they have zero stats)

If you have the ability to dump and restore cartridge save data (or play from a flash cart with the *.sav file already accessible), you can use Pokesav to inject the PCD and PGT's files directly into your game, allowing you to pick up the gift from the delivery guy as usual.

OK how do .pgt files work? I have the flash card (R4i-sdhc) and a working Platinum .sav file. I have never done this before, but I am eager to learn. If there is a sticky on this topic, I have yet to find it.

A WC is a Wonder card. It is 2 files, a pgt and a pcd. You go into pokesav and click the edit button under "events" in the bottom left corner. Then click "mystery gift edit" in the top right corner of the window that pops up. Then use the load pcd and load pcd buttons to put in the gift and card, then click okay and then okay again on the event screen, and you will be at the main screen again. If you are making it an Action Replay code, click export ARDS code and then a menu will pop up. Look under mystery gift and check the boxes with what you did. Normally, it will be 1st Gift and 1st Card. then click save XML and save it. Then drag it into AR code manager and put it under your Pokemon game codelist and name the code, then put it in the right game. After that, plug in your AR and drag over the list to the AR codelist on the left. If a window pops up, click yes. then wait a few seconds and you are done. I hope I helped a little.:D That was a LOT of typing...

That clears up a lot. Thanks...here's hoping it works.

Edited by druboyks
got my answer

ok i downloaded the jirachi gamestop event(from the zip file here), now since i dont have another ds i just saved the pkmn file from the pgt and used it with soul silver pokesav to add it to my party with action replay, so i could unlock the night skys edge course.

this method worked for the shiny/spiky pichu event, but not this one so can someone help a guy out? right now im still working on it but if i can get some help that would be great