Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

I have a two questions about the VGC Milotic.

Is there a relationship between its IVs, Shininess, and PID? I entered its PID into PID-IV Generator and the 9/2/7/5/3/6 spread didn't come up so I'm assuming there is none, but I wanted to make sure.

Does it need a special PID type, like [Normal D/P or GBA]?

I have a two questions about the VGC Milotic.

Is there a relationship between its IVs, Shininess, and PID? I entered its PID into PID-IV Generator and the 9/2/7/5/3/6 spread didn't come up so I'm assuming there is none, but I wanted to make sure.

Does it need a special PID type, like [Normal D/P or GBA]?

It has a static PID, so the IVs can be anything you want.

I used PokeSav to put the Wonder Card for the Secret Key in my Plat save file. However, when I view the card, it says I've received the item already, but the guy in the Poke Mart gives me the key anyway. The key doesn't work, though.

How can I fix this?

I dunno, unless use Pokesav again to remove the wondercard and item from your bag and just try it again.

My Secret Key wouldn't work when I first tried it in the Japanese Platinum, but that was because I added it with Pokesav's Key Item menu. I just removed it and waited for the WC after that. O.o

Hi, yes. Arceus is gonna be distributed starting on July 18th, 2009 till September 30th, 2009 in Japan.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

About the Secret Key. If you want to make it yourself, you should not make it as a Key Item to be given, instead, make it a Ribbon and set to number: 1. That's the Secret Key how the game will recognize it. The reason is, that way it's a variable set to ON, like in the GBA games scripts for: setflag 0x354 which means, set 354=ON or 354=True. However, the Member Card is Member Card, not Ribbon 2, so is the Oak's Letter too, just a key item or Item to be given with Wonder Card. It's not known yet why GameFreak prefered to set the Secret Key as a Ribbon type 1 though.

I noticed too. I have two legit UT pokemon files that I got myself in store but sadly no wondercard still or I'd up it. If I remember right we got the wondercard here even before the event so maybe it was different in some way. I don't know as much technical stuff as the pros here do so I'll assume there was a good reason it was moved but considering the event was hardly rare I'm sure we will have a legit wondercard back up soon.

hey so i'm kinda new at this so i was wondering if anyone could tell me the wonder card ids for:

Regigigas-TRU-USA event

Shaymin-TRU-USA event

Tanabata Jirachi 08 (Jaboca Berry) event

Tanabata Jirachi 07 (Salac and Ganlon berry) event (both ids)

thanks alot also how do you put your sig in a spoiler?

okay i have a question:

are the gameboy event files compatible with pokesav for diamond/pearl?

if so where would you put the files?

ex: box trainer, team, ect

Edited by randomspot555

hey so i'm kinda new at this so i was wondering if anyone could tell me the wonder card ids for:

Regigigas-TRU-USA event

Shaymin-TRU-USA event

Tanabata Jirachi 08 (Jaboca Berry) event

Tanabata Jirachi 07 (Salac and Ganlon berry) event (both ids)

thanks alot also how do you put your sig in a spoiler?

okay i have a question:

are the gameboy event files compatible with pokesav for diamond/pearl?

if so where would you put the files?

ex: box trainer, team, ect

Some of the wondercards can be found on the main site, under 'Event download' or something like that...

And yup, the gameboy event pokes is also a .pkm, hence only accessible by pokesav in D/P/Pt... All of them can be loaded inside your storage box...

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I knew this question was gonna pop up

How do we extract the event to find out the wonder card ID?

Also, do all event pokemon always have the same IV's? or can they be anything between 0-31?

You can use pokesav after receiving the wondercards, before receiving the item / poke from pokemart... You can also use the PCD Safe, it's somewhere in here but i can't figure it out where, my bad :D...

Oh n all of those generated poke will have random IVs for all their status, meaning you can get all 0 or all 31 if you are patient enough in SRing them :D...

Some of the wondercards can be found on the main site, under 'Event download' or something like that...

And yup, the gameboy event pokes is also a .pkm, hence only accessible by pokesav in D/P/Pt... All of them can be loaded inside your storage box...

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

You can use pokesav after receiving the wondercards, before receiving the item / poke from pokemart... You can also use the PCD Safe, it's somewhere in here but i can't figure it out where, my bad :D...

Oh n all of those generated poke will have random IVs for all their status, meaning you can get all 0 or all 31 if you are patient enough in SRing them :D...

I see, so all event pokemon always have different IV and their not pre-set

I have tried this three different times and it cannot be a coincidence. With the Shiny Pichu event it has always been a Jolly nature. I have even soft resetted a couple of times and it has always been shiny. If anybody else has always gotten the Jolly nature please tell. I just want to know if it has a set nature or not.

can someone help me out with this entire pokemon WI-FI mystery gift thing in order to get pokemon becuase i am totally new at this and dont know how to download things using nintendo WI-FI. i have WI-FI at my house and dont know how to recieve mystery gifts and stuff like that using it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

can someone help me out with this entire pokemon WI-FI mystery gift thing in order to get pokemon becuase i am totally new at this and dont know how to download things using nintendo WI-FI. i have WI-FI at my house and dont know how to recieve mystery gifts and stuff like that using it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Jirachi is currently only available for download in Japanese games...

But anyway, to access the Mystery Gift, you have to:

- at least beat the 1st gym, so you can get inside the TV building

- go to the 3rd floor, speak to the man standing beside a woman

- tell him "Everyone" and "Happy", then "Wi-Fi" and "Connection"

- now you'll be able to access the Mystery Gift section from the main menu (the menu when you choose new game, directly after the glowing Giratina part)

- Set your internet connection beforehand

- Go to the Mystery Gift section, choose Receive Gift, and Download via WFC/Wi-Fi (IIRC we're having the rotom key / secret key event going)

Phew guess that's all :)..