Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

i want to be able to put japanese poks into my game, what do i need to download so i can view japanese stuff on my pc

or if anyone wants to trade with me so i can have the new shiny pichu and jirachi for HG SS, that would be fine too

UPDATE, its ok ive figured it out, well i found it on here anyway but now i want to know if using a japanese wc in my english game will result in an illegal pok or not, i now have the events in my game but are they valid

Hey guys, I ran into Mesprit today! :o I was totally surprised (I did have the Marking Map on this time, but I am bird hunting xD) and I just started at the screen like "Whuhthefuhzzz?" (Also extremely tired at the time)

Yeah, um, my question never was answered: What lies in the small pool of the Resort Area? I still haven't found anything but insane magikarp (Unless that's all that's in there and the one guy is delusional?)

Ok I'm working on my breeding project to get the a good chansey to make a good blissey (yay!) anyways I was wondering..since this is all eggs when it says egg hatched...mischievous or loves to eat, sturdy body, likes to thrash about, good perseverance, good endurance...just to name a few..what does that mean?

For those that want to know...

[sprite]242[/sprite]

Blissey@leftovers

Nature: Bold (hopefully)

Max out defense then work on special defense

Moveset:

~Calm mind

~Ice beam

~Soft boiled

~light screen (maybe!)/toxic/thunderwave

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate. Its supposed to be well wallish type of thing against a friend. According to wraith89 blissey will be able to wall most of my friend's best pokes so I'm going with it right this time :D or at least to the best of my ability. So if anyone could provide suggestions..or better yet answer my original question that would be great!

Edit:

Clearly this community has its faults but I thought for sure that over the hours someone would answer the question. So I resorted to google and this took forever to find so I'll give all you people out there that dont know but want to know the benefit of my research.

Link to benefit

A guide to natures and characteristics. Really helpful and it gets right to the point. Plus its not done by serebii. I looked all over that place but couldn't find it. Although its probably on serebii.

Edited by pokemonfan

I always have little questions that I'm too lazy to look up...

Can you get more than a 10-Bonus Round Streak in the Veilstone Game Corner? And is there any way to check a pokemon's IVs ingame without the useage of cheats? (I just found the guy who tells you what Hidden Power your pokemon has - I don't talk to people often - and was like "Yeah, this doesn't help me because I've created these guys to these specific HPs...")

I always have little questions that I'm too lazy to look up...

Can you get more than a 10-Bonus Round Streak in the Veilstone Game Corner? And is there any way to check a pokemon's IVs ingame without the useage of cheats? (I just found the guy who tells you what Hidden Power your pokemon has - I don't talk to people often - and was like "Yeah, this doesn't help me because I've created these guys to these specific HPs...")

-dont know about veilstone game corner

-there is no way to IV calculate in game.

-link to IV calculator

-works well..the higher the level the more accurate your results will be

Edit:

For those who care...

My chansey project came to a halt I have the pokemon

Chansey with a bold nature and its characteristic is its highly curious meaning a bonus towards special attack :D Its perfect!

It only took 19 tries and with chansey that means...198,345 steps O.o wow...also that's 19 eggs plus the four I didn't hatch. Every 3000 steps or so I'd be able to get another egg. This took up hours. Luckily most of those hours I was at an event I really didn't care for much so yay!

This was on my restarted pearl so now I can get the EXP. boost by trading it to platinum.

If both stealth rocks and poison spikes are set up do they both work? So does that mean more damage is inflicted?

If that is the case is there a single pokemon that can learn both moves?

To avoid answering why if asked..

Why:

I need to get the strategic advantage over my friend...he doesn't use strategy very much.

Yeah, you lay down 1 Stealth Rock layer and 2 Toxic Spike layers together. I believe Nidoking and Nidoqueen can learn both (Toxic Spikes from Pre-Evolution and Stealth Rock from TM). Foretress can learn Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, AND Spikes (lol). So Foretress could set this up:

1 Stealth Rock Layer

2 Toxic Spike Layers

3 Spike Layers

But then again, Rapid Spin ruins all of that, so be careful if you use a strategy like that.

Here's a problem I've encountered recently...

You know how you can get different colored scarves for contests from this guy in Pastoria?

I went up there with a Pichu with max smartness and he told me that this Pichu was just so-so.

Is there any special thing you need to do to get him to give you a scarf?

Here's a problem I've encountered recently...

You know how you can get different colored scarves for contests from this guy in Pastoria?

I went up there with a Pichu with max smartness and he told me that this Pichu was just so-so.

Is there any special thing you need to do to get him to give you a scarf?

Interesting, make sure the Pichu is in the first slot, and that the scarf hasn't been given to you yet with a different Pokemon. Other than that, IDK what to tell you...

Interesting, make sure the Pichu is in the first slot, and that the scarf hasn't been given to you yet with a different Pokemon. Other than that, IDK what to tell you...

I'm pretty sure he hasn't given me one yet... and on Diamond, he gave me more of each color if I showed him different Pokemon, if I recall correctly... That's how I got so many scarves in the first place.

He did the same thing to my Noctowl (Also Max Smart), Milotic, and Pidgeot (Max Cool.)

Maybe this guy just doesn't like me.

I went to him with my Milotic w/ max beauty and cool, and the first time he gave me the red scarf and the second time I talked to him he gave me the blue. (On Plat) So I know it's possible to get two different scarves from him...

Hm, but for your case, idk.