Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

So what you're saying is that I shouldn't teach him thunder punch? Even though it can help him cover his x4 weakness towards flying types...is that what you're saying? If so, then seed + toxic orb + poison heal must = pure awesomeness.

Thunder Punch helps, but isn't always necessary because Seed Bomb and STAB Fighting moves give you enough coverage. It's only reason is to OHKO Gyarados really... and Breloom has no reason to fight Flying Pokemon anyhow. You can always Stone Edge while they switch one in though... oh my, what joy :)

Breloom has no business fighting Flying Pokemon though. If something threatens with something like Aerial Ace... then SWITCH! One Pokemon can't handle EVERYTHING :D

I see your point...I usually try to hit with spore so I can follow up with super powers anyway because I love to sweep with one pokemon :P the only problem with that is Aerial ace. That stupid priority move always messes up my breloom. Thanks wraith, now I know I dont have to work even harder to find shards for my up and coming team.

Its not..huh...oh yeah I forgot birds are so fast! Its so annoying because when EV training my breloom in speed (it already has a wicked attack stat) I found an absolutely ideal place to train its inhabitants give towards attack and speed (mostly speed) however its populated by birds! Its ridiculous! Why do birds have to be so dang fast. Ugh...I decided to train against floatzels but they give less exp.

Swellow? Staraptor? Fearow? Pidgeot? Uh how about those? They all are faster then fast! I cant stand flying types because I love my loom of bre! (breloom) so I train against floatzels...type advantage...and floatzels give towards speed. My loombre (breloom) is at a level 81 and still growing strong! His HP, attack, and defense stats are amazingly high but attack is the highest. I'm working on speed cause what's a sweeper without speed?

Swellow's really fast (base 125). Staraptor ties with most other Pokes (base 100) and is slower than Infernape. Fearow is same as Staraptor. Pidgeot just blows (stupid Gamefreak!) :(

All I'd do is give Breloom enough EVs to reach 272 HP to maximize Toxic Orb recovery and max out her attack, then dump the remainder on her speed.

I'm not actually ev training since I ran through the E4 a couple times with it but I know how too...I just dont like to that much. So I'm training in speed for now because it can KO so many things right now the problem is that its not fast enough to outspeed the danged birds to put them to sleep. I want it to outspeed most things.

Are you sure aerial ace doesn't have some priority because I swear tyranitar did some decent damage to my breloom before I took it out with super power. Tyranitar shouldn't know aerial ace..it cant even fly...its to fat!

Uh...I kinda dont want to tell you the nature because its absolutely horrible but I'm to lazy to actually....*waits for wraith89 to scream WHAT ARE YOU A COMPLETE COW?* well actually you wouldn't say cow but anyway...its not a nature that harms breloom's speed but it harms another vital component..hehe...its Bold. hehehe. Why couldn't it be jolly?

I didn't want to breed for one because then I'd lose the exp. boost from the trading (got it from sapphire) and the other shroomish I got from sapphire was rare candied a bit so it would be cowish. The breloom I got didn't know spore and I knew my new breloom had to know spore. I've put to much work an effort into this breloom to back down now. I had to spend hours searching underground to teach it super power..spent hours training it...and massaging it, and loving it. I'm not backing down to train a new breloom now. I also spent quite a while getting the BP for the toxic orb. That breloom is special there is no way I'm retraining! NO WAY!

Bold does boost defense and lower attack right..or is it the other way around or is it cow?

Bold O_O

That LOWERS attack! My my my... what a cruel twist of fate. But even then, for in-game purposes, it's not terrible :-/

If it has a special value to you, then by no means should it be rejected :P

If you decide to get a competitive one:

With 31 IVs, 212 Speed EVs allow you to outpace Adamant Tyranitar, which isn't so bad after all. That allows for 44 HP EVs (assuming max HP IVs) which hit 272 HP, allowing maximum Toxic Orb recovery. The rest is coincidentally 252, which can be put into attack :P

This is ALL assuming you had 31 IVs in those 3 important stats. If not, then you won't exactly have max attack X_X

I know..I think my speed is at a low IV X_X because I trained it against starlies X_X (I was desperate for speed and I totally forgot about floatzels) and guess how much it gained from level up....2! A whopping two points (it was level 69-early 70s at the time) then we have my attack stat went up by 4 and I was seriously ticked! I mean starlies level like 3 and bidoofs level like 3 and I fought and fought and fought them with no reward! I'm training against floatzels now hoping for better results. At least breloom's natural growth can cover for its awful nature :P

Edit: FYI, oh the irony, attack is my breloom's best stat.

EV training usually doesn't work for me because I forget one or lose count. I tried it with drifloon it was an epic fail. I screwed up all over the place. I keep it generally. I train here for a couple of levels (attack stat) I do it in speed a couple of levels and continue that way. but I should've concentrated on speed from the beginning. Now I'm worried I thoroughly screwed this awesome poke.

Plus I had know idea of the nature till AFTER I started training (boy I'm a moron) so I was all cowish. I know about the counter app. The problem is, i usually get so rapped up in training that I forget to count 1 or 2 and then I forget about it or remember and then have trouble seeing how much more to count and I screw it all up.

It's fine. Most people don't know about EV training anyhow. I could try breeding you a Shroomish and give you one that has good natures and IVs (I try... but my luck fails) and you can try training one off fresh.

Since you play just for fun, there's no need to EV train and all. If you play competitively, then that's a WHOLE completely different story.

BTW there ARE berries that reduce EVs, you know? :P

I know about those berries but I forgot! Thanks wraith89! Now I can ruin his specials to give more power to speed. Am I right on that? His specials are horrid anyways so why not trash them? Thanks for the thought but breeding me an awesome shroomish would be a waste of time because I dont have DS wifi because the code for the wifi thingy is to long. I"m not sure if you can just shorten it and my dad has enough things to do.

Oh I do have wifi...on the wii and its the same thingy that my dad uses for all our computers and the wii its some wireless thingy that I dont understand. And to get my wifi to work you have to insert a code to access it (its a security measure and not necessary for all wifi server things) and the code for it is to long. I'm not sure if its like bang boom its short an d then it'll work but I doubt its that simple.

My breloom is male why do you keep calling it she or her?

X_X

You just punch in the WEP key and it should work I believe.

Sorry, I have a way of generalizing a Pokemon's gender depending on how they look. Even Floot got annoyed at me doing that... don't ask me why :D

I even call legends by "hes" and "shes"... it's just me. Since it's your Breloom now, I guess it's a he then. You could have confirmed that with me earlier you know >.>

I didn't think it mattered much except you saying it a lot just got annoying. Anyway it doesn't work like that, well it does but the code doesn't fit. Its to long! Like there's like 20 places for the code and the WEP key is like 200 gillion digits long. its abnormal how long it is. I need to ask him because I wish I had wifi so bad on my DS.