PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.
Version 21.08.06 of PKHeX has been released, bringing several new legality updates and fixes.
21/08/06 - New Update:
- - Added: Gen8 Sociability legality checks. Thanks @Lusamine!
- - Added: Gen8 crossover weather checks have been added. Thanks @Lusamine & @Skadiv!
- - Added: Gen6/8 Memory checks have been improved a little. Thanks @sora10pls & @Lusamine!
- - Added: Gen6/7 Vivillon are now flagged if the form cannot be found in the trainer's 3DS Console Region. Thanks @Lusamine!
- - Changed: Wordfilter checking speeds improved drastically by caching created regexes.
- - Changed: Gen8 Master Rank ribbons now permitted again for legends due to Season 10 rules.
- - Changed: Inaccessible wild encounters and raid dens have been removed from the encounter database.
- - Fixed: Gen8 brilliant aura boosts are only permitted if the met level is the maximum allowed for that encounter.
- - Fixed: Gen8 Fog encounters are now required to be at least level 60 due to weather not being available until postgame. Thanks @Lusamine!
- - Fixed: Gen4 Pokéwalker encounters are now allowed to be recognized with CuteCharm if the TID/SID is appropriate.
- - Fixed: Gen4 Bug Catching Contest slots are now loaded completely. Thanks jazpersona!
- - Fixed: Gen2 Dark Cave swarm slots (Dunsparce) are now loaded correctly. Thanks Purrmewtations!
- - Fixed: Gen1 Yellow encounters now compare the correct catch rate values when not yet transferred.
- - Fixed: Gift egg encounters are now checked for their egg locations correctly across all generations. Thanks @sora10pls!
- - Fixed: Variable form encounter templates like Unown and Vivillon are now handled correctly.
- Added: Gen8 Sociability for individual Pokémon can now be edited in the Memories sub-editor.
- Added: Gen7 Battle Agency participant data can now be viewed as a misc slot.
- Added: Gen5 GTS and Fused stored data can now be viewed as a misc slot.
- Added: Gen4 Pokéwalker stored data can now be viewed as a misc slot. Thanks @Atrius97!
- Added: Batch Editor can now be extended via plugins by adding custom code for filters / modifications.
- Added: Batch Editor filters can now be used in the Encounter Database (similar to the PKM Database advanced search).
- Added: PKM File Naming format has been extracted, and can now be replaced by a plugin to name files differently.
- Added: Program settings added for the Encounter Database, to try to make viewed templates match the currently loaded data.
- Added: Program settings added for the PKM Database, to prevent loading of backups and extra locations to the database.
- Added: Program settings added to allow converting backwards and across incompatible generations.
- Fixed: Turkish operating system languages no longer fail to launch the program.
- Fixed: Hovering over slots no longer errors on Linux platforms.
- Fixed: Deleting slots in the PKM Database is now handled correctly.
- Fixed: Gen8 encounter slot templates now load legally when viewed, using the Overworld RNG correlation. Thanks @Atrius97!
- Fixed: Gen6 female trainer appearance customization for lip color and freckles now save correctly. Thanks @sora10pls!
- Fixed: Gen6 trainer sprite is now shown for XY again, and the PGL photo can be saved correctly again.
- Fixed: Gen6 Super Training flags for PKM data is now localized correctly.
- Fixed: Gen5 C-Gear Skin images now import correctly. Thanks @Snaid1!
- Fixed: Gen5 Dream World slots now have the correct gender restrictions. Thanks @Lusamine!
- Fixed: Gen4->5 transfer names with halfwidth characters and symbols are now correct.
- Fixed: Gen4 HGSS frontier data is now accessed correctly via the Misc Editor.
- Fixed: Gen4 Pokédex seen flags are now set correctly when writing new data to the save file.
- Fixed: Gen3 XD - Setting tons of non-XD encounter species will no longer cause an error with the Memo being full.
- Changed: "Encounter Type" value saved by Gen4 encounters has been renamed to "Ground Tile" to match its actual function.
- Changed: Most popup windows like the Encounter Database are now closed when a new save file is loaded, rather than remain open.
- Changed: Gendered species (like Jellicent) now show their genders in the Encounter Database.
- Changed: Cyber Gadget quirk workaround for completing the Pokédex in Gen6/7 is no longer necessary (defunct service), and has been removed.
- Changed: Updated Chinese/Spanish/German translations. Thanks @easyworld, @ajtudela, @M1atias, @Korados, @JDox!