Jump to content

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (US) - Text Speed Modifier


evandixon
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a crash on the cutscene where Umbreon mentions Espeon's in trouble IIRC it ended cutscene early while still in the inn as opposed to where it's supposed to on the plateau. I think it moves too fast. besides the text sound overlaps so much that it's ridiculously loud.

I think it would be better to just increase the text speed by 2-3 times.

 

Edit: Realized that this is a problem with Luma's cheat engine where it's randomly prone to crash any chance for an IPS patch like the S/M outline removal patch?

Edit Again: Nevermind made my own:

code.ips

Edited by XModxGodX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:20 AM, XModxGodX said:

Got a crash on the cutscene where Umbreon mentions Espeon's in trouble IIRC it ended cutscene early while still in the inn as opposed to where it's supposed to on the plateau. I think it moves too fast. besides the text sound overlaps so much that it's ridiculously loud.

I think it would be better to just increase the text speed by 2-3 times.

 

Edit: Realized that this is a problem with Luma's cheat engine where it's randomly prone to crash any chance for an IPS patch like the S/M outline removal patch?

Edit Again: Nevermind made my own:

I'm going to just assume this doesn't work for the EUR version of the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Made a code and IPS for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon as well:

[Infinite Text Speed]
002322F4 00000000

code.ips

Update: Decided to add the code and IPS for the update that removes Meowth Theater. (be sure to rename the code1.1.ips to code.ips)

[Infinite Text Speed 1.1]
00232A58 00000000

 

code1.1.ips

Edited by XModxGodX
added a code and .ips for the meowth theater update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, evandixon said:

The #1 issue with Gates to Infinity is the super slow text speed. Luckily, @shutterbug2000 discovered how to fix it. Short version is to use Luma 3DS cheats and create a text file at (Your SD Card)/luma/titles/00040000000BA800/cheats.txt:



[Infinite Text Speed]
00278FAC 00000000

Working fine.

Edited by StormX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, evandixon said:

The #1 issue with Gates to Infinity is the super slow text speed. Luckily, @shutterbug2000 discovered how to fix it. Short version is to use Luma 3DS cheats and create a text file at (Your SD Card)/luma/titles/00040000000BA800/cheats.txt:


[Infinite Text Speed]
00278FAC 00000000

 

it doesnt work for me im using newest version on the game using a us copy of the game idk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, XModxGodX said:

There's no updates for gates to infinity and it should work regardless of if you have the DLC or not.

If you're referring to Super Mystery dungeon's latest version use this cheat instead:


[Infinite Text Speed 1.1]
00232A58 00000000

 

would not work for in gti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I took a look at the text speed issue using shutterbug2000's code and tried to make a modified version to increase the text speed.
Using a tweak (which is not perfect), we can have a roughly 2x, 4x or 8x faster text speed.
Here are the cheat codes (hopefully it works):

[EU Text Speed]
00279D68 EA000007
00279D6C E1A00000
00279D70 E317000#
00279D78 02855001
00279D7C 0BFC9B18
00279D94 CAFFFFF5

[US Text Speed]
00278F98 EA000007
00278F9C E1A00000
00278FA0 E317000#
00278FA8 02855001
00278FAC 0BFC9E20
00278FC4 CAFFFFF5

Replace # by:
3 for 2x
7 for 4x
F for 8x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 12:12 AM, Irdkwia said:

I took a look at the text speed issue using shutterbug2000's code and tried to make a modified version to increase the text speed.
Using a tweak (which is not perfect), we can have a roughly 2x, 4x or 8x faster text speed.
Here are the cheat codes (hopefully it works):

[EU Text Speed]
00279D68 EA000007
00279D6C E1A00000
00279D70 E317000#
00279D78 02855001
00279D7C 0BFC9B18
00279D94 CAFFFFF5

Replace # by:
3 for 2x
7 for 4x
F for 8x

I just tested this with a European game and it works perfectly both in Citra and Luma3DS, thank you! I found that a value of 2 (for presumably 1.5x text speed) worked best for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2020 at 8:20 AM, XModxGodX said:

Edit: Realized that this is a problem with Luma's cheat engine where it's randomly prone to crash any chance for an IPS patch like the S/M outline removal patch?

Edit Again: Nevermind made my own:

code.ips 16 B · 374 downloads

Would you mind sharing how you made a cheat code into an .ips patch? I'd like to make an .ips patch for 1.5x text speed on a Europe ROM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Piracy is against our rules :3

I figured it would just be linking to a ROM that'd be against the rules, but I see that even just mentioning that you have a pirated ROM is against the rules here as well. Not that it applies in this context since I dumped the game myself for my own personal backup lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Gameskiller01 said:

I just tested this with a European game and it works perfectly both in Citra and Luma3DS, thank you! I found that a value of 2 (for presumably 1.5x text speed) worked best for me.

Well, in fact 2 will work the same as 3 considering how the cheat works, and in general the first bit for that value does not change anything (so 7 works the same as 6 and F the same as E)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Irdkwia said:

Well, in fact 2 will work the same as 3 considering how the cheat works, and in general the first bit for that value does not change anything (so 7 works the same as 6 and F the same as E)

Oh interesting, the difference I thought I saw between 2 & 3 must've been purely placebo then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...