Hey would someone be so nice to explain me how the options of "Nickname" and "OT" work?

I mean I know the OT is for the name of your current trainer and I guess Nickname is for the name of the pokemon but I don't understand the symbols that come up and the tooltip box....

Also I don't get what's that of "Generate my Shiny ID" when you press it, it changes your secret ID.... why?

Hey would someone be so nice to explain me how the options of "Nickname" and "OT" work?

I mean I know the OT is for the name of your current trainer and I guess Nickname is for the name of the pokemon but I don't understand the symbols that come up and the tooltip box....

In most cases, there's nothing special to do other than type in the names you want/need. The symbols (called characters, or glyphs) you see are all of the different characters available in the games. Since you can't easily type all (and some not at all) of them, they're provided there so you can double click them. (As is stated in the tooltip.)

Also I don't get what's that of "Generate my Shiny ID" when you press it, it changes your secret ID.... why?

The answer is in the "Generate shiny ID" button's tooltip.

hey, i was just thinking, does pokegen leave traces in the save file like pokesav does? i was reading through an 8 or 9 page thread from last year about traces left behind from pokesav, and i was wondering if pokegen did too? i assume it doesn't, but i read through this topic and i didn't see anything about it. maybe i missed it, but i'm curious.

hey, i was just thinking, does pokegen leave traces in the save file like pokesav does? i was reading through an 8 or 9 page thread from last year about traces left behind from pokesav, and i was wondering if pokegen did too? i assume it doesn't, but i read through this topic and i didn't see anything about it. maybe i missed it, but i'm curious.

As far as I know, there's no way whatsoever to detect it, assuming you save only perfect Pokemon that're identical to either Pokemon that can be generated by the game or distributed via events. EDIT: Or traded/whatever onto your game by other normal means that don't involve "hacking", obviously.

Edited by Codr

I was wondering if there was a certain order in how you create pokemons, I notice that when you do the PID number of the pokemon at the beginning you get a low number but if you do it at the end you get a higher number, so does it matter?

Should you do the PID number thing at the beginning or at the end?

I was wondering if there was a certain order in how you create pokemons, I notice that when you do the PID number of the pokemon at the beginning you get a low number but if you do it at the end you get a higher number, so does it matter?

Should you do the PID number thing at the beginning or at the end?

I'm not sure what you mean. A low/high number for what?

Hey all,

First things first:

Codr - Awesome application you have here. I like the interface a lot. It is very clean and I find it to be much better than Pokesav. Thanks for all your effort.

With that being said:

I seem to be having trouble with the app though. I have created some pokemon that I have added to my save, but once I load my save to my cart using the ARDSi, my save is unedited. Any idea's why that might be?

Codr - Awesome application you have here. I like the interface a lot. It is very clean and I find it to be much better than Pokesav. Thanks for all your effort.

Thanks for the feedback.

I seem to be having trouble with the app though. I have created some pokemon that I have added to my save, but once I load my save to my cart using the ARDSi, my save is unedited. Any idea's why that might be?

Assuming you're saving to the same file that you're putting on your hardware, the only reason the Pokemon wouldn't be modified is if you're not setting them back to the slots after modification. This isn't done for you. "Show in controls" > edit > "Set from controls"

As a side note, I don't really like the way that functions, and have a few ideas for changing it. I'm not sure when anything will be implemented though.

Assuming you're saving to the same file that you're putting on your hardware, the only reason the Pokemon wouldn't be modified is if you're not setting them back to the slots after modification. This isn't done for you. "Show in controls" > edit > "Set from controls"

As a side note, I don't really like the way that functions, and have a few ideas for changing it. I'm not sure when anything will be implemented though.

Hmm. I have a Heatran I made from scratch that I am putting in a spare slot in Box 18. I also have an Aerodactyl that I modified in Box 5. I set them both in controls > Save as > convert the .sav to .duc with ARDStosav.exe and transfer that to my microSD card on my ARDSi. After I load the backup, nothing has changed. I will give it another try tonight.

Hi,

Thanks for this awesome program. Its much easier to use than Pokesav in my opinion. However, I am experiencing a little bit of trouble when entering in my Secret ID. I used an AR code to find my secret ID and it gave me a 3-digit number, meaning I need to put 2 zeros at the beginning. However, when I input the number "00123", after creating the pokemon the program gets rid of the 0s and it turns into "123", which is incorrect for the SID. Is there a specific way i need to enter the zeros or something?

I used an AR code to find my secret ID and it gave me a 3-digit number, meaning I need to put 2 zeros at the beginning. However, when I input the number "00123", after creating the pokemon the program gets rid of the 0s and it turns into "123", which is incorrect for the SID. Is there a specific way i need to enter the zeros or something?

Didn't you ever get taught that preceding zeroes have absolutely no impact on a number? 1 == 0000000000000000000000000000000001.

Didn't you ever get taught that preceding zeroes have absolutely no impact on a number? 1 == 0000000000000000000000000000000001.

Of course I know that, but everything I have read about the secret ID says that if you get a number less than 5 digits you have to add 0s to the beginning... the 3 digit number yields an "Apparently met at..." for the pokemon i generate.

Of course I know that, but everything I have read about the secret ID says that if you get a number less than 5 digits you have to add 0s to the beginning... the 3 digit number yields an "Apparently met at..." for the pokemon i generate.

Everything you read is wrong. There is simply no difference. If it's still showing as "apparently", you have something else wrong, or the SID itself is just the wrong number.

Hey Codr.

Just a quick word for the ears.....or eyes lol whatever.

Love the program. So easy to use and I finally figured out how to see the code, after like 2 days of trying.

So this is just a little thing to say THANX for the program, ur an absolute life saver mate.

Kudos to u.

Erm...a suggestion if its okay..

I know I'm probably not the first to mention this, but could u or are u going to update it with a Pokedex section.. For example, when I create my pokemon, they don't appear in the pokedex as 'caught' or sometimes even as 'seen'. So then I have to go catch the pokemon for them to appear as legal, if u get what I mean.

So, will u or are u going to create a section where u can access the pokedex and change a bit where u can alter the dex?

Whatever, anyway. Great Program.

Peace mate,

Paul

Erm...a suggestion if its okay..

Suggestions are requested in the main post. There's no need to be (what seems like) afraid.

I know I'm probably not the first to mention this, but could u or are u going to update it with a Pokedex section.. For example, when I create my pokemon, they don't appear in the pokedex as 'caught' or sometimes even as 'seen'. So then I have to go catch the pokemon for them to appear as legal, if u get what I mean.

So, will u or are u going to create a section where u can access the pokedex and change a bit where u can alter the dex?

I realize this is inconvenient if you're trying to make your save file seem perfectly normal, but adding something like this in a detailed way would be a pretty massive addition. I don't even currently know anything about where the Pokedex data is saved or how it's structured. So, it could be added at some point, but I can't say I have any current plans to do so. The only alternative at the moment would be to use another program or codes.

Just as a note, I have other projects not related to Pokemon that I work on, and which take up more of my time/interest. That's the main reason behind more things not being added to this project on a regular basis.

- Fixed the positioning of the code input dialog when the main dialog is moved.

- Added randomize IVs and EVs buttons.

- Slightly changed some of the encounter names.

- Fixed a crash that was occurring when switching code types under certain conditions.

- Changed the country, origin, and shiny leaf comboboxes to not be editable, since they have such short lists.

- Enabled tab key navigation on the code input dialog.

Hey

just letting you know that I am having trouble with the gold leaf editor. I click crown, but somehow it keeps coming up as two leaves.

I am using the latest version.

- Fixed loading of markers on a Pokemon.

- Fixed shiny leaf settings not working properly.

It works;thanks again for that fix! I am pleased as punch.

Edit: I am wondering as to which starter I need to select in order for it to be a starter from my SoulSilver. Is it the one with or without the Platinum label at the end? I am thinking it is the one without Platinum at the end. Also, why is there a question mark after the word Platinum?

Edited by druboyks

Edit: I am wondering as to which starter I need to select in order for it to be a starter from my SoulSilver. Is it the one with or without the Platinum label at the end? I am thinking it is the one without Platinum at the end. Also, why is there a question mark after the word Platinum?

I don't often know the answers to these kinds of questions, so don't get accustomed to it. In this case, it's the one without "Platinum". There's a question mark next to it because that data wasn't obtained by me, and I'm not sure that value is applicable solely to Platinum as the source of the data suggested.