Any idea what I missed and how to fix this problem? :<

What country is the game? If it's non-US, you may visibly have the right trainer name, but have the wrong values for each character. That's probably not going to make sense to you, but I'll wait to see what your response is before clarifying if needed. Also, wherever you saw that the Pokemon's country must match your game's, ignore it, because it's wrong. That has nothing to do with this problem.

OT: it is not in plain text, I used the characters that pop up when you click the box and the box is filled with a chain of letters/numbers, this is it exactly: \00BE\00B8\00AC\00B4.

For the record, to create the pokemon I'm using export to XML method and then running the code from the XML in my emulator as an action replay DS code.

Perhaps the code for getting the secret ID is somehow wrong after all and I dont have my correct secret ID? This would be weird since the code did what it was supposed to do, but the secret ID is the only thing i cant be 100% sure about....

Edited by Weaver

Well that's why then. If you're using a US game, just type in the name of your character. Don't use the character map unless it's something you can't type with the keyboard normally.

The first set of alphanumeric characters are used in the Japanese games, which is what you used, which is wrong.

- Added support for loading and saving of DUC format save files. You can only save in DUC format if you currently have a DUC format save file loaded. If you save a file to the .duc extension without having a DUC save file loaded, it'll be saved in the same format as a .sav file, just with a different extension.

- Redesigned the way shiny leaves are selected.

- Fixed an issue where loading a Pokemon with a shiny leaf value set would cause problems.

- Fixed writing of shiny leaf data. It's now done as the game does.

- Holding down alt when clicking a Pokemon icon will display its information in the controls now.

- Holding down shift + alt when clicking a Pokemon icon will set the Pokemon in that slot from the controls.

Hm.... I'm using NO$GBA, V2.6a, and whenever I enter a code generated by this, the program stops working. I tried on a different emulator as well. It is the US version of the game and otherwise works all well, it is patched and all. Any idea why it would do this or how I could go about fixing it? Is there a game master code that I am missing?

Note: Even when I simply enter the code and do not activate it, it causes the program to stop working.

My settings are: (Sorry for the wall of text)

Emulation speed, LCD Refresh: Realtime, Auto

Sound Output Mode: Digital Stereo

Reset/Startup Entrypoint:GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)

Video Output:24bit True

3D Renderer: nocash

GBA Mode: VGA(poppy bright)

GBA Cartridge Backup Media: Auto

NDS Cartridge Backup Media: Auto

Solar Sensor Level: Darkness

Sound Desired Sample Rate: High (44kHz)(best)

Multiboot Port: None/Disabled

Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays: Medium/Medium (stable)

Number of Emulated GBAs: 1

Link Gamepaks: Gamepaks in all GBAs

Link Cable Type: Automatic

EDIT: And it's cleared my save file two or three times now; luckily it was just a starting file

Hm.... I'm using NO$GBA, V2.6a, and whenever I enter a code generated by this, the program stops working. I tried on a different emulator as well. It is the US version of the game and otherwise works all well, it is patched and all. Any idea why it would do this or how I could go about fixing it? Is there a game master code that I am missing?

There's no master code. These codes are no different than what're widely spread across the internet either. No$GBA won't even get past the new game introduction stuff for me, so I can't try the codes myself. Desmume works just fine, however. (Although sometimes only with code type 2.)

I noticed it version 2.305 you added this "The nickname flag will now properly be set for Pokemon that were hatched from eggs, came from Pal Park, or came from events." Well before this version came out I used event Pokemon pkm files and loaded them to make codes now will they be affected as far as looking legit or should I redo all the codes on this newer version.

I noticed it version 2.305 you added this "The nickname flag will now properly be set for Pokemon that were hatched from eggs, came from Pal Park, or came from events." Well before this version came out I used event Pokemon pkm files and loaded them to make codes now will they be affected as far as looking legit or should I redo all the codes on this newer version.

If the bytes following the names of the Pokemon were 0xFFFF and repeating 0x0000, they're fine, otherwise the nickname flag WILL be set on them, which probably isn't intended. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused, but I'm not perfect.

will pokemon generated with pokegen always be legit (breaking hack walls in Battle Revolution, etc.) or still just legal?

Assuming there are no other unforeseen problems, you should be able to generate Pokemon that're indistinguishable from what's generated by the game normally. People involved with Pokemon creation love to act as if there's a distinction between the words "legitimate" and "legal", but they're really just paranoid. If you create a perfect Pokemon, the game doesn't know that it was made by codes, and neither will anyone else.

Greetings and salutations to everyone!

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you, Codr, for such an amazing program; it definitely beats Pokesav any time of the day. In fact, I have never utilized this type of programs, so I have to say that it is truly user-friendly, and for that alone I commend you. I certainly hope to see further iterations of it in the future—certainly others could use your work as example.

With that said, I’m here hoping for a shed of light regarding a small hiccup I’ve come across with. Truth be told, I don’t particularly believe it’s that big of a deal taking into account that the program has worked for me like a charm ever since I first used it, but it’s still something I get bothered with no matter how insignificant it might be. You see, I wanted to copy some of my friends’ shinies, the ones from Sinnoh, but each and everyone end up with the "apparently" tag.

Now, you’re certainly the one most apt to tell me if I’m doing everything right (or wrong), but, so far, I’ve done everything as I should; I believe the problem lies in the "Encounter" fields.

NOTE: All Pokémon are set at the exact location and level that you encounter them. Let me know if the following are correct.

Dialga and Palkia:

• Encounter: Dialgia/Palkia

Heatran/Regigigas/Arceus:

• Encounter: Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina

Cresselia/Darkrai:

• Encounter: Tall Grass/Darkrai

Manaphy:

• Encounter: it hatched in Jubilife City (Fateful encounter checked)

Shaymin:

• Encounter: Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin

Not sure if you’d need further info, but as far as the rest of the Pokémon goes, PIDs were searched; I didn’t use the character map for nickname (or name); TIDs were entered correctly; encounter dates were entered correctly; game where the creatures come from (Origin) also entered correctly, as well as country...everything is in order, really. I simply listed the encounter fields because I’m guessing there’s where the problem stems from, although I might be wrong...

Any help will certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you, Codr, for such an amazing program; it definitely beats Pokesav any time of the day. In fact, I have never utilized this type of programs, so I have to say that it is truly user-friendly, and for that alone I commend you. I certainly hope to see further iterations of it in the future—certainly others could use your work as example.

Thanks for the comments. I don't respond to all of these because I honestly feel awkward doing so, but to others who've posted such things, it's appreciated and helps keep me feeling like it's worth updating the program.

With that said, I’m here hoping for a shed of light regarding a small hiccup I’ve come across with. Truth be told, I don’t particularly believe it’s that big of a deal taking into account that the program has worked for me like a charm ever since I first used it, but it’s still something I get bothered with no matter how insignificant it might be. You see, I wanted to copy some of my friends’ shinies, the ones from Sinnoh, but each and everyone end up with the "apparently" tag.

Now, you’re certainly the one most apt to tell me if I’m doing everything right (or wrong), but, so far, I’ve done everything as I should; I believe the problem lies in the "Encounter" fields.

It's most likely that you've used the wrong nickname characters. The encounter type has nothing to do with Pokemon being seen as belonging to the trainer. It's based on 4 things: trainer gender, the two trainer IDs, and the trainer name. Nothing else affects it. I can't say I'm 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure the game checks only the characters in the trainer name up to the first 0xFFFF value. Anything beyond that may be ignored. (PokeGen puts in 0xFFFF for you if you don't fill in all 8 characters.) If you read a few posts back, someone else had a similar problem with the trainer name. They were using the Japanese alphanumeric characters instead of the US ones. There's no need to use the character map if you're simply typing in an English name with a-z/A-Z/0-9. (Some other characters are supported directly as well, but I don't remember exactly which ones.)

[...]

It's most likely that you've used the wrong nickname characters. The encounter type has nothing to do with Pokemon being seen as belonging to the trainer. It's based on 4 things: trainer gender, the two trainer IDs, and the trainer name. Nothing else affects it. I can't say I'm 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure the game checks only the characters in the trainer name up to the first 0xFFFF value. Anything beyond that may be ignored. (PokeGen puts in 0xFFFF for you if you don't fill in all 8 characters.) If you read a few posts back, someone else had a similar problem with the trainer name. They were using the Japanese alphanumeric characters instead of the US ones. There's no need to use the character map if you're simply typing in an English name with a-z/A-Z/0-9. (Some other characters are supported directly as well, but I don't remember exactly which ones.)

Thanks for the reply, first and foremost.

Regarding the character map, I read those posts you make mention of, however, as I stated, I didn't make use of it; I type each PKMN nickname and name. As mentioned I did everything accordingly, so I really don't have a clue as to what I might have done wrong. I didn't enter any SIDs, though, if that's of any help. The TIDs are from different people, so I've now idea what the SIDs would be.

Edited by Feralligates

Regarding the character map, I read those posts you make mention of, however, as I stated, it didn't make use of it; I type each PKMN nickname and name. As mentioned I did everything accordingly, so I really don't have a clue as to what I might have done wrong. I didn't enter any SIDs, though, if that's of any help. The TIDs are from different people, so I've now idea what the SIDs would be.

I probably just misread regarding the character map, as usual. The SID must match, as I posted, and as the tooltips say. You can't just ignore it.

Oh certainly, I read the tooltips... But now that I actually re-read it: traded PKMN will always have the "apparently" tag? Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the perception that when it said that it usually meant that the PKMN was "hacked" some way or the other.

Edited by Feralligates

That's correct. "Apparently met" refers to the Pokemon not belonging to the current save file's trainer. The only relationship to "hacking" that it has is that putting in the wrong data as you have will result in this appearing as well, since the game can't match it to the current trainer.

>.>; Well I'd be... It obviously makes sense now. /facepalm

In my defense, I've been out of PKMN for quite some time now (ever since late 2007), and basically having found your program was one of the reasons that got me back to it--actually, is quite ironic because back then I despised those that used Pokesav and look at me now... It certainly is a fun program to use, though.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification, guess I did everything right after all, but I learned something new along the way and joined what seems to be a nice community. Keep up the good work! =)

I tried to make this Dusknoir Lv 99 with legit EVs and decent IVs with shadow sneak, thunder punch, will-o-wisp, and pain split. Held Item Leftovers. Happiness 255 (maybe the issue but i haven't checked). Nature Impish. Met Safari Zone, caught Safari Ball. In Box 13 slot 8.

It always comes up as a Bad Egg, is there something I'm missing?

This is the code it gave me.

94000130 FFFB0000

B2111880 00000000

E001BAC8 00000088

087A619C 914B0000

0897687A 9B902F2A

C22EF06D F93D5C6A

04084CFC 7010F1B3

ACE5FFF0 C080ED20

BC8DD164 4F53FF5E

25CA8A7B 76D7D8BD

83AD2AB5 F69188C2