PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

11 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Hold control and see the sources of moves. Since it has Mega Drain (only accessible from Gen2), it must have been traded to Gen2. However, it has a catch rate of 45, which is the held item value when it exists in Gen2.

When you trade it to Gen2, a catch rate of '45' is translated to `83` for Bitter Berry; can't retain a value of `45` going back and forth. Therefore, the error message. 45 is not a valid Gen2 item.

Remove the move, or change the catch rate/held item value.

If I change the 45 catch rate, though, wouldn't that make it illegal in Gen 1 at least? I'm not sure why PKHeX mentions Gen 2 if I pick the Gen 1 games anyway (I assume since they can trade together, but eh). Since it's definitely a 45 catch rate regardless.

Regarding the Mega Drain part, I manually put that there with PKHeX since it was highlighted green. I thought the green meant it was fine to put onto Kabuto and stay legal. Would it be hard to code something within PKHeX so that for Gen 1 games, it only lists Gen 1 moves it can actually have from Gen 1 itself (and the other Gens that do this)? The catch rate is 45 is Gens 1 and 2 either way, though, so I'm still confused on changing the rate if it's 45 in either Gen1/2 games.

Basically, I'm confused since even if it's a Kabuto in Gen 2 and you did give it a a Bitter Berry or whatever, at the end of the day, the catch rate is still 45 in Gen 2 so I don't know why having it as 45 in Gen 1 (how it legally is obtained anyway) makes the error happen. Know what I mean? Sorry if I'm explaining this poorly, just woke up. How do legally-obtained Gen 1 Kabuto get traded to Gen 2 then on the cartridges anyway? Still 45.

EDIT: Just found this reply by you touching on the same topic and I noticed you said, "Catch Rates are modified when transferred to Gen2," but in this case, Kabuto's catch rate is 45 in both Gens?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/57375-pkhex-new-update-legality-errors-contribution-page/?do=findComment&comment=269388

I'm thinking the optimal thing to do would get rid of the green highlighted moves if that particular move can't be learned in the Gen it is from or something.

Edited by PLAFiles

1 hour ago, PLAFiles said:

If I change the 45 catch rate, though, wouldn't that make it illegal in Gen 1 at least? I'm not sure why PKHeX mentions Gen 2 if I pick the Gen 1 games anyway (I assume since they can trade together, but eh). Since it's definitely a 45 catch rate regardless.

Regarding the Mega Drain part, I manually put that there with PKHeX since it was highlighted green. I thought the green meant it was fine to put onto Kabuto and stay legal. Would it be hard to code something within PKHeX so that for Gen 1 games, it only lists Gen 1 moves it can actually have from Gen 1 itself (and the other Gens that do this)? The catch rate is 45 is Gens 1 and 2 either way, though, so I'm still confused on changing the rate if it's 45 in either Gen1/2 games.

Basically, I'm confused since even if it's a Kabuto in Gen 2 and you did give it a a Bitter Berry or whatever, at the end of the day, the catch rate is still 45 in Gen 2 so I don't know why having it as 45 in Gen 1 (how it legally is obtained anyway) makes the error happen. Know what I mean? Sorry if I'm explaining this poorly, just woke up. How do legally-obtained Gen 1 Kabuto get traded to Gen 2 then on the cartridges anyway? Still 45.

EDIT: Just found this reply by you touching on the same topic and I noticed you said, "Catch Rates are modified when transferred to Gen2," but in this case, Kabuto's catch rate is 45 in both Gens?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/57375-pkhex-new-update-legality-errors-contribution-page/?do=findComment&comment=269388

I'm thinking the optimal thing to do would get rid of the green highlighted moves if that particular move can't be learned in the Gen it is from or something.

It can learn mega drain if you transfer it to Gen2, which mutates the field when it becomes held item. It does not revert when it is traded back. If you want to disregard Gen2 entirely, there's a setting for that. The move suggestion API doesn't care about catch rate/held item snafus.

Please only report issues with your own unmodified data in this thread, per the first post.

41 minutes ago, Daniele Starnone said:

Pichu and Bronzong korean events are checked as illegals due to the event date even if the event goes from 1st of June till the 1st of July (?) 

Is the error going to be patched? 

Already been fixed on the development build, you need to wait for the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got several legality problems for pokemons imported from old games since the pokemon home update on pokemon scarlet/violet.
Can you tell me if there is a "work in progress" state so i won't post things you are already aware ?

For exemple i attached a raichu file from an original alola raichu caught on pokemon sun and evolved with a Thunder Stone wich is flaged illegal on pokemon scarlet/violet.
The alola raichu should be legal and i think it's a proof of it being legal because as soon as i change it in pkhex to be a normal raichu, the pokemon is shown as legal.

0026-01 - Alola Raichu - F37C0539BDCA.pk9 0026 - Raichu - E29B0539BDCA.pk9

Edited by Mr Tick

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on two Ribbon Masters; a Shiny Mew and Shiny Shaymin, playing through all the mainline games in order on emulators. I've been using PKHeX to move the 'mons from one game to another. I recently upgraded my computer and today I downloaded PKHeX 20230709 to move them from X to Omega Ruby.

20230709 shows the following legality check error on both Pokemon:

image.png.fc7a94fab2f1d7e401b3ab7da591c27d.png

I downgraded to 20220204 and it says both 'mons are legal.

I have done zero modifications to the Pokemon with PKHeX aside from moving them across games. I caught Mew from Japanese Emerald's Faraway Island and Shaymin is from English Platinum's Flower Paradise.

I have attached both Pokemon from the X save, exported with PKHeX 20220214.

151 ★ - Mew - 640F7CB91DDB.pk6 492 ★ - Shaymin - 66BAC3FF9A27.pk6

1 hour ago, LadyMewling said:

I have been working on two Ribbon Masters; a Shiny Mew and Shiny Shaymin, playing through all the mainline games in order on emulators. I've been using PKHeX to move the 'mons from one game to another. I recently upgraded my computer and today I downloaded PKHeX 20230709 to move them from X to Omega Ruby.

20230709 shows the following legality check error on both Pokemon:

I downgraded to 20220204 and it says both 'mons are legal.

I have done zero modifications to the Pokemon with PKHeX aside from moving them across games. I caught Mew from Japanese Emerald's Faraway Island and Shaymin is from English Platinum's Flower Paradise.

I have attached both Pokemon from the X save, exported with PKHeX 20220214.

Working as intended. A transfer logic error was fixed last August.

It's never really advisable to downgrade the program to a much older release.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Working as intended. A transfer logic error was fixed last August.

It's never really advisable to downgrade the program to a much older release.

Ah, you're right. I created a blank Brilliant Diamond save file in 20230709 and both Pokemon showed up as legal in it. I don't care about legality in gen6/gen7, since I'm playing them in an emulator. Thanks!

Edited by LadyMewling

31 minutes ago, P Diddy said:

Hey,  I noticed a few errors in the gen 6 legality checker when i was viewing my saves: 

The ekans was originally caught in the HGSS safari zone, and gained a level in Y, so it should have screech

Togepi has only two moves at level 1, so it should have any relearnable moves to my knowledge.

Unable to replicate either on latest commit, so I assume this has been fixed since last release.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

SID 0 is flagged as Fishy for Pokemon transferred from the Virtual Console; these Pokemon can only have an SID of 0
fishy1.png.3129172b85d67919a62dba28c7bbade4.png

Cute Charm PIDs are flagged as Fishy on daily/rotating Great Marsh encounters. The Exeggcute (rotating) and Quagsire (standard) below have the same PID and method; both were obtained on original hardware with no modifications
fishy2.png.59fd322747f90c6757ba9348b4ce8ea7.pngfishy3.png.85a33659eb887ad6a0ca613dc3be160c.png

A lot of random Pokémon I've caught, and evolved in generation 3 Pokémon titles show up as having illegal PP, despite the Pokémon and their moves having never been tampered with in any way. This one may have been caught on route 4 in Fire Red. The rest, I don't know where. When they're migrated to generation 7 save files, they're marked as legal.

Unmodified Primeape.png

12 hours ago, Forgotten Song said:

A lot of random Pokémon I've caught, and evolved in generation 3 Pokémon titles show up as having illegal PP, despite the Pokémon and their moves having never been tampered with in any way. This one may have been caught on route 4 in Fire Red. The rest, I don't know where. When they're migrated to generation 7 save files, they're marked as legal.

Unmodified Primeape.png

Verify that their PP count is actually legal.

Bulbapedia lists Low Kick as a 20 PP move.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:22 PM, Cappy said:

Like paf above me, these two in my Crystal save also still get flagged as illegal in the latest update even though they are not. 

Same here, Krabby and Corsola also both caught in Crystal Union Cave B2F, flagged in latest version.

0222 - CORSOLA - 9657.pk2

corsola.PNG.573d92bca34aab45e09ec31cd88cf549.PNG

Edited by Neorean
Added screenshot

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Serebii does not list either Krabby or Corsola as available in Union Cave.

https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/2nd/unioncave.shtml

Odd. Serebii is wrong in this case, both are obtainable in Union Cave with fishing (Old, Good and Super Rod for Krabby and Good or Super for Corsola).
Bulbapedia has the correct info.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Union_Cave#B2F

On 8/21/2023 at 2:36 PM, Neorean said:

Odd. Serebii is wrong in this case, both are obtainable in Union Cave with fishing (Old, Good and Super Rod for Krabby and Good or Super for Corsola).
Bulbapedia has the correct info.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Union_Cave#B2F

Thanks, resolved on latest.

B2F does indeed have a separate fishing slot reference :)

https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/6180be355ed1343e99f9682e8869abb7d8839e76/data/maps/maps.asm#L115-L117

On 8/12/2023 at 11:23 AM, TFSthegreat said:

SID 0 is flagged as Fishy for Pokemon transferred from the Virtual Console; these Pokemon can only have an SID of 0

Cute Charm PIDs are flagged as Fishy on daily/rotating Great Marsh encounters. The Exeggcute (rotating) and Quagsire (standard) below have the same PID and method; both were obtained on original hardware with no modifications

SID=0 fixed, no longer shows Fishy.

The Fishy RNG is because it never was fully implemented for every encounter type; Cute Charm compounds the weirdness.

• Like 1

Game: Pokemon Sword/Shield

The new PKHex update (ver2023.08.23) broke every pokemon that was catched in the Raid, refer to attached pictures.

Any pokemon catched from a raid report illegal once evolved, event or not.

Please Fix.

(Photo 3 and 4 are event milcery catched in game, before evolving all are legal, but ilegal once evolved.)

Edit: I was wrong, I also have boxes of event milcery catched weeks ago in-game reported ilegal as well... (Photo 5)

Error 001.png

Error 002.png

Error 003.png

Error 004.png

Error 005.png

Edited by FireGeneral

10 minutes ago, FireGeneral said:

Game: Pokemon Sword/Shield

The new PKHex update (ver2023.08.23) broke every pokemon that was catched in the Raid, refer to attached pictures.

Any pokemon catched from a raid report illegal once evolved, event or not.

Please Fix.

(Photo 3 and 4 are event milcery catched in game, before evolving all are legal, but ilegal once evolved.)

Edit: I was wrong, I also boxes of event milcery catched weeks ago in-game reported ilegal as well... (Photo 5)

Read the changelog; if you have tampered with the raid Pokémon in any way, it will detect that you tampered with it. Seems like you changed IVs from the screenshot.

Hello, here reporting some issues on the latest PKHeX version (230823):

In a Platinum save, Umbreon from Colosseum is flagged as illegal. Asking for the Fateful Encounter flag. If I'm not mistaken this is only set on XD (I can't see this flag on any Colo mon I have). Also, it says that it has a wrong PID.

I thought it was something screwed up by me but, after checking my Colo save, the same Umbreon is being flagged only for knowing Bite. The PID/IV/etc is the same from the Platinum save, and it's not a mismatch. Same behavior in every Gen3 save (Bite being flagged). Removing Bite makes them legal (even though Bite should be legal). But no luck in Gen4.

Gen3 Saves: Legit gift eggs from Pokémon Box illegal for many reasons: Location, PID and moves.

Gen4 Save: Legit Munchlax is being flag as illegal on Platinum save. Unable to match an encounter from origin game. It was caught on the Route 208 honey tree.

Keep up the good work! Hope I'm not reporting annoying mistakes by me or known issues.

Edited by jacksonf

16 hours ago, jacksonf said:

Hello, here reporting some issues on the latest PKHeX version (230823):

In a Platinum save, Umbreon from Colosseum is flagged as illegal. Asking for the Fateful Encounter flag. If I'm not mistaken this is only set on XD (I can't see this flag on any Colo mon I have). Also, it says that it has a wrong PID.

I thought it was something screwed up by me but, after checking my Colo save, the same Umbreon is being flagged only for knowing Bite. The PID/IV/etc is the same from the Platinum save, and it's not a mismatch. Same behavior in every Gen3 save (Bite being flagged). Removing Bite makes them legal (even though Bite should be legal). But no luck in Gen4.

Gen3 Saves: Legit gift eggs from Pokémon Box illegal for many reasons: Location, PID and moves.

Gen4 Save: Legit Munchlax is being flag as illegal on Platinum save. Unable to match an encounter from origin game. It was caught on the Route 208 honey tree.

Keep up the good work! Hope I'm not reporting annoying mistakes by me or known issues.

Thanks, all fixed on latest commit:

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/00bb8ec7de0a617b5d8b1dae8856fe16ccdfe212

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1