theSLAYER

PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

Please share:
1. How you caught the mon:
Location: Is it event/wild area event/wandering/in grass/den etc
Level: Level it was met at, and perhaps how many badges you had then etc.
Changes: Have you changed the moves, have you since evolved it, has been been trained etc.

2. Upload actual file PK to your post (our forums support direct uploading).

3. Version of PKHeX you're using.
image.png

All 3 needed. They're a must!
Thanks.

I caught this Staryu which marked illegal I caught it from Training Lowlands and it's wandering I have two save files that marked it illegal one with zero badges (fresh start) level 14 and the other one is a completed base game story level 60.

My PKHeX version is (d-20200623).

Staryu level 14.pk8 Staryu level 60.pk8

Posted (edited)

1. The Magby and Elekid were bred from a Magmar/Electabuzz + Machamp w/ Cross Chop. They were both hatched from an egg in-game around Goldenrod City. I have not changed any of the moves since evolving them. The Magmar and Electabuzz attached are carbon copies but leveled up with Rare Candies, and nothing more. According to the new PKHeX, the Magmar and Electabuzz are flagged as illegal, even though they should not be since the Magby and Elekid are legal.

2. The actual PK2 files are attached. Obviously this is from a Crystal game (Gen 2), and I know that everyone will probably be uploading pk8 files, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that I did not have this issue with previous PKHeX versions, as it seems the legality of moves were only recorded for Magby and Elekid but not for their evolutions. I'd also like to point out the possibility that this may extend to older generations such as Gen 3 (I have reason to suspect other pokemon in my other versions have faced a similar legality error).

3. I am using the latest PKHeX (20200622) downloaded from this website under the download section.

**EDIT 10:19 PM**: Just wanted to update and say that even ODD egg moves on a lot of the pokemon in Gen 2 appear to flag the baby pokemon as illegal as soon as they evolve into their main character (ex. Magby with Dizzy Punch will be illegal when evolved into Magmar). This might be the case in other generations as well but I have yet to thoroughly test them.

125 - ELECTABUZZ - DE3F.pk2 126 - MAGMAR - E10A.pk2 239 - ELEKID - 02FF.pk2 240 - MAGBY - 751E.pk2

Edited by isleep2late

Posted (edited)

Gen II Pokemon transferred to Gen VII with Egg moves(such as Pin Missile Forretress, Double-Edge Furret, Flame Wheel Raticate, and Leech Life Victreebel) flag the egg move as illegal.

Additionally any Mismagius and Honchkrow that evolved from Gen II Misdreavus and Murkrow are flagged with the error "Analysis not available for this Pokemon". All other Cross-gen evolutions from Gen I-II games are treated normally.

020 - Raticate - FA83B06D019F.pk7071 - Victreebel - D9948C37CD84.pk7162 - Furret - 50ECCDE1972F.pk7205 - Forretress - 1115ABF05D8B.pk7429 - Mismagius - FD1DFAF115F5.pk7430 - Honchkrow - F5DABF0D675E.pk7

EDIT: These pokemon were bred in Gen II and transferred to Bank and later put into Ultra Moon. PKHex versions is 20200622

Edited by Dunsparce

Posted (edited)

Pokemon caught: Gmax Corviknight - It was marked illegal (unable to match encounter from origin game, invalid move - iron head).
Location Caught: Watchtower Ruins in the Wild Area (Wild Area News Den)
Level: Level 50 with 8 badges
Changes: No changes yet. It already had iron head when I caught it.
Version of PKHeX I'm using: 20200622

823 ★ - Corviknight - 3488246DC12A.pk8

Edited by Hacha

1 hour ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Is it still not possible to breed the Galarian HA starters into different balls?

Bred? possible.
The event one modified with different balls: impossible.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Bred? possible.
The event one modified with different balls: impossible.

Really? because I bred a shiny one but it doesn't allow any other ball different than the poke ball.

1 minute ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Really? because I bred a shiny one but it doesn't allow any other ball different than the poke ball.

this isn't a legality FAQ thread. sounds like a legality issue, just contribute it then the devs will presumably fix it at a later date.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

this isn't a legality FAQ thread. sounds like a legality issue, just contribute it then the devs will presumably fix it at a later date.

It's literally the shiny cinderace I posted.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Your statement is not accurate.
The one I just caught has met level non-0
image.png

I guess I wasn't being clear. Pkhex says mine shoud be met at 0 )not sure why). that's why I put the quotes. 

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
more info

3 minutes ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

I guess I wasn't being clear. Pkhex says mine shoud be met at 0 )not sure why). that's why I put the quotes. 

I'm confused, cause it doesn't show 0 for me. (your file)
image.png

Does it still show you 0 if you reimport the PK3?
I'm curious if it's simply the recognition in save is mucking up or something else.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm confused, cause it doesn't show for me.
image.png

Does it still show you 0 if you reimport the PK3?
I'm curious if it's simply the recognition in save is mucking up or something else.

I meant the legality checker says it should be met at zero. Once again sorry for not being clear.

Hi.

When I use Batch Editor to change pokemon ability, this error shows up when I check legality "Invalid: Ability does not match ability number" and when I choose the ability manually it become legal. how can I fix this using Batch Editor for many pokemon.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:10 AM, QaRiZmA said:

Hi.

When I use Batch Editor to change pokemon ability, this error shows up when I check legality "Invalid: Ability does not match ability number" and when I choose the ability manually it become legal. how can I fix this using Batch Editor for many pokemon.

not legality FAQ thread. don't ask questions in this thread again.

Just an update: So far none of the HOME gifts have any Weight or Height.

When you teach a pokemon a dt says no legality

51 minutes ago, Aj341 said:

When you hack on TR moves without setting the TR flag, then yes, that's illegal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aj341 said:

not legality FAQ thread. don't ask questions in this thread again.

Posted (edited)

The original forme Magearna, the one from Mystery Gift, is marked as hacked, suggesting the Mystery Gift data hasn't been added to the database. This is the same Magearna from the event that HAS been added. 

801-01 - Magearna - 9C7C00000000.pk8

Edited by andrewmyles

40 minutes ago, andrewmyles said:

The original forme Magearna, the one from Mystery Gift, is marked as hacked, suggesting the Mystery Gift data hasn't been added to the database. This is the same Magearna from the event that HAS been added. 

801-01 - Magearna - 9C7C00000000.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

The bug with PKHeX and HOME gifts that were previously legal are known, thanks.

• Like 1