Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

KazoWAR

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I registered just for this thread (i visited it many times few days ago and now it required the registration).

Congratulations for the excellent translation, it is the best i've found, and to help you, i found some things..

1. When you use PP-UP (i don't know if it is the same with HP-UP) you choose the pokemon then you choose the move and the four moves are all named Error o something like it

2. The menu. Why don't make it stop shouting? For example: POKéMON -> Pokémon, BAG -> Bag etc.

One more thing: for the patching, i use a clean rom of HG, and then I run it on M3 DS Real. If I apply the 3b patch (now i'm gaming with 2d), will it stop freezing (it doesn't freeze with 2d, but the clean rom does)?

hey koz this is my first post just wanted to say thanks for the fixes

i was fighting the eusine guy and it comes up as mysterious man whatever.

so yeah just wanted to bring that to your attention thanks tons for the patch you pretty much rock :-)

Hi i am having trouble getting my save file to work with the new patch version 3, the save worked fine with patch version 2d however now it just goes straight to the screen when you play the game for the first time. Is it possible to make it work or shall i just leave it? Also this is on my cyclo ds. PLEAZE HELP!!

Zafur - Thanks a lot mate. That's worked woop! =D

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Right another problem. Saving. My game has crashed as i've tried to save it. How do i get round this for the version 3 patch?

The ROM keeps freezing on my R4 after the 3.0 patch.

Luckily I still have the older patch, so it's not a problem.

EDIT: I tried reapplying the freeze patch that was released when the game first came out and got no results.

Looks like I'm going to have to repatch a clean ROM and get 2.5 again.

Hi i am having trouble getting my save file to work with the new patch version 3, the save worked fine with patch version 2d however now it just goes straight to the screen when you play the game for the first time. Is it possible to make it work or shall i just leave it? Also this is on my cyclo ds. PLEAZE HELP!!

I've the same problem! Is there a way to make the old save work? I began the game with the 2d version, exactly the SSE_P.

I've the same problem! Is there a way to make the old save work? I began the game with the 2d version, exactly the SSE_P.

Just rename the .SAV file so that it is exactly the same as the .NDS file except for the extensions (.SAV and .NDS)

I'm interested in learning how to make a patch for HGSS. PM me or reply with instructions on how to use "thenewpoketext" since I require detailed instructions. Also I would like to assist your endeavor to translate the key features of the game.

Edited by DarkGlaceon

I would also like to assist it will help me for a my projects in the future

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

NT62iW7av28

Version 3 is out, and with it a new patcher! This patch should not cause anyone any problems. This patcher can patch both Heart Gold and Soul Silver roms, clean and prepatched with anti-piracy patches. Just follow the how to patch intruction in the Readme file.

Version 3a corrected a few translation mistakes.

Version 3b fixes some more mistakes

If you dont know by know, the game has some anti-piracy checking in it. It causes the game to freeze and not save properly. Please get your rom patched with the best anti-piracy patch for your hardware beforhand.

No$GBA users, if you have version 2.6 for No$GBA, set option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes. Make sure you save options and restart the emulator afterwards.

Version 3 Progress:

Ability Names: 100% Complete

Ability Descriptions: 100% Complete

Attack Names: 100% Complete

Attack Descriptions 100% Complete

Battling Text: 100% Complete

Continue Screen: 100% Complete

Item Names: 100% Completed*

Options: 100% Completed

New Game Text: 100% Completed

Party Window: 100% Completed

Pokemon Descriptions: 100% Completed

Pokemon Classifications: 100% Completed

Pokemon Summary Pages: 100% Completed

Trainer Names: 100% Completed**

Trainer Types: 100% Completed

Bag: ~75% Completed

Bill's PC: ~95% Completed

Item Descriptions ~95% Completed

Locations: ~85% Completed

Menu: ~90% Completed

Saving: ~90% Completed

Pokemart Text: 0% Completed

Pokedex Interface: 0% Completed

Trainer Card: 0% Completed

Vs Recorder: 0% Completed

Wi-Fi Menu: 0% Completed

*Some Item names maybe incorrectly translated, if so please report it.

There is a limit of 7 characters for trainer names, with this, Leader Lt. Surge and Rocket Boss Giovanni had their names shortened to LtSurge and Giovani.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NM27XXPH

Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/280002380/HGSS_English_Patch_3b.rar

ok thanks but what about the poke gear... its important too"

Finally got it to work on my R4.

anijbq.jpg

What characters say to each other in the game is not yet translated. How do we know who is important and who's not? Where to find what in which town or city if this isn't translated?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm really not, you're doing a fantastic job, but the game can't be played properly without this.

Finally got it to work on my R4.

anijbq.jpg

What characters say to each other in the game is not yet translated. How do we know who is important and who's not? Where to find what in which town or city if this isn't translated?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm really not, you're doing a fantastic job, but the game can't be played properly without this.

Try playing according to gold/silver/crystal as much as you can.

That's what I am gonna do...