Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@Kapuxa_Blaziken Pokemon from Gen II VC can be transferred, provided they follow Pokemon Yellow's moveset.

In Gen I and Gen II, Pokemon structure in game is really small, so many thing are not saved.
As a result, there is practically no difference between a Pokemon shifted to Gen I from Gen II VS one caught in Gen I.

(I mean, besides encounter rate being item that is removed, but even that is pointless since it's goes unused in Gen I)

Furthermore, the Pokemon structure doesn't retain Origin Game,
so from Pokemon Transporter's perspective, it's from the game your sent it from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kapuxa_Blaziken Pokemon from Gen II VC can be transferred, provided they follow Pokemon Yellow's moveset.

In Gen I and Gen II, Pokemon structure in game is really small, so many thing are not saved.
As a result, there is practically no difference between a Pokemon shifted to Gen I from Gen II VS one caught in Gen I.

(I mean, besides encounter rate being item that is removed, but even that is pointless since it's goes unused in Gen I)

Furthermore, the Pokemon structure doesn't retain Origin Game,
so from Pokemon Transporter's perspective, it's from the game your sent it from.

I tried with a wild Pidgey from Crystal it doesn't work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I tried with a wild Pidgey from Crystal it doesn't work!

did you remove item, did you delete moves to ensure the moveset and level matches against Gen I?

I had to do that with Shiny Gyarados from GSC to get it to pass through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

did you remove item, did you delete moves to ensure the moveset and level matches against Gen I?

I had to do that with Shiny Gyarados from GSC to get it to pass through.

You're right, the moveset of Pidgey was changed in 2nd gen.

Unfortunatly the Pokemon Bank says it comes from Kanto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

You're right, the moveset of Pidgey was changed in 2nd gen.

Unfortunatly the Pokemon Bank says it comes from Kanto

That's because there's no Game ID storage in Pokemon structure,
so Pokemon Transporter apparently sets the Game ID to which game it was sent from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Strangely my lv10 Dragonair still don't pass despite having the right moveset and no item.

I think it's because underleved.

Lol, I think the only Pokemon that may pass, is Trade Evolutions.
From what I've seen, they don't seem to be restricted by level, but haven't tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Lol, I think the only Pokemon that may pass, is Trade Evolutions.
From what I've seen, they don't seem to be restricted by level, but haven't tested.

I'll tell you if it's because the level when I'll find an issue with my Gateway. Seems I'm not the only one with the problem.

Damn that's hard, NTR CFW not working with Gateway, of course, it'll be too simple.

Shitty wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jojo12100 said:

I'll tell you if it's because the level when I'll find an issue with my Gateway. Seems I'm not the only one with the problem.

Damn that's hard, NTR CFW not working with Gateway, of course, it'll be too simple.

Shitty wednesday.

NTR doesn't work with gateway? I used to use NTR on gateway.

Are you using the latest one?
these:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

NTR doesn't work with gateway? I used to use NTR on gateway.

Are you using the latest one?
these:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

After a very big message about cheating it works thanks,

now I'll try to transfer japanese debug Pokemon like that I'll be able to tell if underleved pokemon can or cannot be transfered.

Edited by jojo12100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I drag and drop a Pokemon from a Gen 3 save file to a Gen 7 save file in PKHeX, will it be considered legal and seen as transferred through Gen 3-7?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Debug Rhydon can pass!!! (Underleved can)

So I totally ignore why my dragonair lv10 can't :(

@varnius Oh sorry my bad nop. PkHex is not updated yet

Edited by jojo12100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, varnius said:

If I drag and drop a Pokemon from a Gen 3 save file to a Gen 7 save file in PKHeX, will it be considered legal and seen as transferred through Gen 3-7?

Nope. Not right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its of any help this is my experience with what i've imported so far:

Mews:

  • The only Mews I got to officially import were the JPN VC Mew theSlayer contributed and the UK VC Mew contributed by RupeeClock.
  • The Toys R Us YOSHIRB Mew from 1999 and the 14 event Mews from port25 don't import either.
  • When I changed my glitched Mew's OT to GF and ID to 22796 it would import fine as mentioned in this thread.

Surfing Pikachu: A Pikachu taught Surf will not import, likewise neither will one evolved in to a Raichu. If the Surf move is removed with a save editor the Pokemon will import fine.

Other Pokemon that were caught in-game and taught HM's import with no issues.

I also dumped my pre installed Pokemon Green from my JPN 2DS, installed it on my PAL 3DS XL and that worked fine with Poke Transporter, it simply showed along side my other English Pokemon games.

I now possibly have some of the oldest Pokemon in GEN 7, my 17 year old squad from Pokemon Red and 16ish year old squad from Yellow, good times :)

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

If its of any help this is my experience with what i've imported so far:

Mews:

  • The only Mews I got to officially import were the JPN VC Mew theSlayer contributed and the UK VC Mew contributed by RupeeClock.
  • The Toys R Us YOSHIRB Mew from 1999 and the 14 event Mews from port25 don't import either.
  • When I changed my glitched Mew's OT to GF and ID to 22796 it would import fine as mentioned in this thread.

Surfing Pikachu: A Pikachu taught Surf will not import, likewise neither will one evolved in to a Raichu. If the Surf move is removed with a save editor the Pokemon will import fine.

Other Pokemon that were caught in-game and taught HM's import with no issues.

I also dumped my pre installed Pokemon Green from my JPN 2DS, installed it on my PAL 3DS XL and that worked fine with Poke Transporter, it simply showed along side my other English Pokemon games.

I now possibly have some of the oldest Pokemon in GEN 7, my 17 year old squad from Pokemon Red and 16ish year old squad from Yellow, good times :)

There are also other Pokemon which cannot be imported:

-PayDay Mewtwo

-Over lv 100, Missigno and other glitch Pokemon

-Other Old events such as PayDay Rapidash, Fearow or Dragon Rage Magikarp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

-PayDay Mewtwo

Since that's legal in RGB, hopefully that'll be fixed with the next Transporter update. Like mentioned before, it seems Transporter is basing its Gen I legality checker by using only Pokemon Yellow, regardless if it could've been traded to Yellow.

I don't expect unique events to pass if they don't have an otherwise normally obtainable moveset. It would've been nice if we could transfer legitimate Gen I events to Gen VII, but since they can't be obtained in the Virtual Console without save injection, this is unfortunately to be expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Since that's legal in RGB, hopefully that'll be fixed with the next Transporter update. Like mentioned before, it seems Transporter is basing its Gen I legality checker by using only Pokemon Yellow, regardless if it could've been traded to Yellow.

I don't expect unique events to pass if they don't have an otherwise normally obtainable moveset. It would've been nice if we could transfer legitimate Gen I events to Gen VII, but since they can't be obtained in the Virtual Console without save injection, this is unfortunately to be expected.

My hopes for the next Transporter update: Payday Mewtwo, glitch Mew and why not Gen II VC compatibility? ^^

What they can do: 1) Distribute the Mew in VC during events 2)Distribute Surfing Pikachu during an event in VC

Edited by jojo12100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

My hopes for the next Transporter update: Payday Mewtwo, glitch Mew and why not Gen II VC compatibility? ^^

What they can do: 1) Distribute the Mew in VC during events 2)Distribute Surfing Pikachu during an event in VC

Don't expect Gen II compatibility until and if they actually release GSC on VC. Glitch pokemon are in the same category as hacks, so I don't see that ever happening.

I agree though, VC Mew events need to be more available to people, and they haven't even given us one in the US yet. Just Japan and the UK. Seems like they would've done that by now.

Since they removed the need for Surfing Pikachu to access the surfing mini game south of Fuchsia City, I don't think we'll get one, or any distributions other than Mew tbh. Lost potential, yes, but they aren't going to focus on the Gen I VC games over Gen VII for events, other than giving us a Mew for pokedex completion in RGBY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Pokemon Transporter is region free, lol.

My English Pokemon Yellow showed up right alongside my Pokemon Red and Green.

Also, I used the eng one from here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/39235-vc-rby-virtual-console-mew-uk/?do=findComment&comment=206939/

apparently, it seems the one in the event's archive didn't pass.
(don't know whose' one is in there, but maybe it ain't legit after all..)

 

The mew in the event file is a pk1 from the party. Did you just dump it into a box with pkhex? That's probably the problem, pkhex doesn't seem to correctly replicate what the gen 1 games do when moving in and out boxes. Gen 1 structure has a redundant level byte when on the party, and the byte used when in box storage is set to 0x00 whenever the pokemon is on the party.
Also, why is the jap mew from the event file at level 100? Shouldn't the file better be your level 5 mew? (btw, the jap mew in the event file is in "boxed" state).

Also, anyone checked if there's any sign in the transporter for the gen 2 games title IDs?


ps: I hope they fix the gen 2 shiny thing, for consistency, even though they only need to do so if gen 2 is released.
ps2: I wish they would have added gen 4 transfer support so we could skip a transfer step.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

News: some glitch Pokemon can pass throught Pokemon Transporter, somes not !

Source: Youtube

Researches have to be done in order to determine what is the cause of it

Lol. It's all the same scenario as what we've been talking about. It doesn't register the met/capture data, so it can't tell that it was obtained through a glitch as long as the moves and level correctly correspond to one obtained legitimately. A glitch with something otherwise illegal is a no go.

The only thing new here is the level 7 Kabutops, which actually shouldn't have been able to transfer. Probably an oversight that will be fixed in the next Transporter update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...