[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Yeah, that's something we already know. :)

And I agree with you but I think it was rather the other way around... haha

The possibility to transfer e-Card Eon Ticket via mixing records was propably limited to 30 to keep the Eon Ticket rare in the US.

Because the e-Card had the advantage to be scanned and being transferred anytime and as many times and with as many games you want.

Essentially it means the same as you say so it doesn't matter anyway.

About the european missing string: in the USA e-reader script, the missing line and following one are the same "Paragraph", so I suspect the distribution tool used by NOE had a bug that skipped that first line due to the "new line" command in the script. Fortunately, the distro still makes sense without that line. If the full script lies in the distribution device used by NOE will probably remain a mistery (but the official distro doesn't have that line, so the legit one is the flawed even if the missing string is there).

The official spanish EON ticket has been documented to have been a 99 distribution, but confirming this is nearly impossible, unless getting a legit save with more than 100 times to share, but that is difficult, since that value decreases by 1 each time you mix records, regarless of the other people already having the Eon ticket or not.

Yeah, you could be right that this is was a bug but I almost have this feeling that this was on purpose.

Because if it just skipped a part I think in this case wouldn't the "give item"-script come first and then the 2 strings?

Maybe I overlooked something... but anyway what we have is legit anyway since what we got here is what they distributed...

About the exchangable 99x theory... I dunno... I kinda have doubts on that theory.

I rather think it's more likely they used the same distribution ROM in all of Europe.

Of course it could be that there was 2nd one, but I don't see a reason why NOE would do that?

Anyway, the fact is that we can't proof now wether it existed or not and I think it's nothing we have to think about too much.

But for a moment let's assume it's true and there was a 2nd one...

The problem is in this case it could be that the script was different too,maybe even with the 1st string or just small things like different pointers.

So altering the "share via record mixing"-value using the Tool from 151 to 99 times and still using the same script wouldn't be enough to have it reconstructed.

For this we would also have to confirm that the rest of the data matches and if that's not the case things will getting difficult.

So for everyone who cares about this legitimacy factor I would recommend to keep this value at 151 times.

I tend to think that the distro machine/cart/device simply had a selector for the trade # and 151 happens to be the default one and NOI just used this one.

The spanish being 99 is supposed to be due to a contest, so who knows. I doubt the event itself is different, it's a script and that is the same even for the WCs we have for the same events: the WC changes, the script remains.

Yeah, but do you have any proof for that? I'm not a fan of such theories. So far I have only seen an language selection screen.

I mean you can try to find someone who has an Eon Ticket Distribution ROM and ask if the record mixing value can be changed...

Regarding the Script... I'm more careful about saying that as long as I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Also what you say about the Mystery Gifts, unfortunately that's the reason why it's difficult for us to get all the Mystery Gifts together.

I mean otherwise we could reconstruct the missing Mystic Tickets if it just means to edit the Wonder Card text, but as you know that's not the case and things are a bit more complicated.

As a matter of fact the pointer data and the trash bytes differ from distribution to distribution. That's why there are 6 entirely different American Mystic Tickets and none of them can be reconstructed.

Luckily we're talking about Mystery Events now... so trash bytes won't matter but the pointers still do.

We can never be sure if they would be different in this case... chances would be higher if it's true what you say that it was the same ROM.

Well, I meant the script itself, no the data that acompanies it, since that is distribution-dependent. R/S Mystery Event is different from wondercard in that sense.

I only have this: http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Gira_Ticket_E%C3%B3n

There's no image that clearly says the contest was for 99, but maybe we migth be able to contact the user who uploaded the promotional scan? It is said to have 5 pages, and only the cover is uploaded there.

Yeah, of course I remember this. But I still mean that it could be just a rumor that it was exchangable 99 times.

Before we figured out that the Japanese and European Distributions were exchangeable 151 times I heard people say it was a 100 times.

And that's btw. what everbody said on the internet... (And from 99 times to a 100 isn't far. Isn't it?)

Netherless what we have in our hands is clearly sharable 151, I see no reason why anyone would change that.

Unless they want to do so for some reason... personally I would not recommend it, at least not if someone wants it to be legit.

If we can proof that this was in fact the case as you said and the Script is the same it's another thing.

But how high are the chances that we can confirm it?

Yeah, of course I remember this. But I still mean that it could be just a rumor that it was exchangable 99 times.

Before we figured out that the Japanese and European Distributions were exchangeable 151 times I heard people say it was a 100 times.

And that's btw. what everbody said on the internet... (And from 99 times to a 100 isn't far. Isn't it?)

Netherless what we have in our hands is clearly sharable 151, I see no reason why anyone would change that.

Unless they want to do so for some reason... personally I would not recommend it, if someone wants it to be legit.

I remember hearing rumors that the e-Card ticket could only be shared like, 3 or 4 times (guess they mixed it up with the ticket from the German debug ROM).

I remember hearing rumors that the e-Card ticket could only be shared like, 3 or 4 times (guess they mixed it up with the ticket from the German debug ROM).

Yeah and 30 times from the e-Card people... :P (and some Collectors I talked with think even 30 times is too high... lol)

I forgot to mention that I mean that people thought the European Eon Ticket was exchangable 100 times.

And that was about 10 years ago or so... far before the German debug ROM was widely known.

Yeah and 30 times from the e-Card people... :P (and some Collectors I talked with think even 30 times is too high... lol)

I forgot to mention that I mean that people thought the European Eon Ticket was exchangable 100 times.

And that was about 10 years ago or so... far before the German debug ROM was widely known.

I think 30 times is plenty, considering you can scan the card into as many English Ruby/Sapphire saves as you want.

Edited by Invader TAK

I think this is interesting enough to get posted here, as it is relevant to Mystery Event.

Aparently, the Regi Dolls are actually obtaniable in non-japanese games via record mixing, @HaxAras has made it with real hardware too, so there's no doubt about it. You can read his post here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?50474-GEN-III-Mystery-Gift-Tool-Nintendo-Events-Wondercards-e-Trainer-cards-and-e-Berry-editor-(and-more!)&p=221895&viewfull=1#post221895

Here is how to legitimately get them (instructions by Invader TAK):

Only Emerald can mix records between japanese and non-japanese versions. Ruby/Sapphire cannot mix records between languages. So the process would be:

1. Scan Decoration Present on Japanese Ruby/Sapphire and give a Regi Doll to the Decoration Trader at Mauville City's Pokemon Center.

2. Mix Records with Japanese Emerald.

3. Mix Records between Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese Emerald.

4. Mix records between the non-Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese R/S of the same language.

Edited by suloku

Big thanks again to Real.96 fort helping us to get all the European Mystery Gifts/Events together.

Without him it wouldn't have been possible for us to get the Aurora and Eon Tickets all together.

Especially the Eon Tickets, since their Scripts are so rare thanks to the termination command at the end.

Speaking of the European Eon Tickets there is something weird about them.

We don't know why but for some reason they (NOE) scrapped the first String...

So, instead starting with the "DAD: [NAME]! Good to see you! ..."-string it starts right with the "DAD: It appears to be a ferry TICKET..."-string.

But what's even more odd is that you get the ticket right between this and the last string.

At least in the languages I'm able to understand it still makes sense, but it's still strange. :D

You can see for yourself, I made gifs where you can see the Script in all 5 languages.

ENG:

FJdJkgF.gif

FRE:

DX0TGgN.gif

ITA:

tV0puAg.gif

GER:

4lsWAw6.gif

SPA:

Wn8hNkb.gif

It was a pleasure to have helped you! :D if you need anything else, just ask me :)

Hi everyone.

Long time lurker here.

Recently I decided to embark on the project to create my ultimate (as legal as posible) Shinny Tyranitar.

The idea is to breed it on emmerald and migrate it through every gen to collect with it all that it possibly can (conest ribbons, Colossium, Battle Revolution, pokethlon, etc.). Because of this I've been reading alot on gen III stuff, about creating the best pokeblocks to max out contest stats and all that it implies on the use of the e-reader. However because it's 2016, alot of the hardware necesary to acomplish this it's almost impossible to get, so my only option left is to emulate the whole pokeblock ordeal.

That's the reason that brought me here, the search for some Ruby/Sapphire saves that contain the special e-reader berries to use for blending the ultimate pokeblocks.

As I read this thread I began to remember that on 2004/2005 I attended to the distribution of the Mystic Ticket and Aurora ticket on my country, and although I didn't get the aurora ticket on my emmerald (the distribution here was on 2004), I did get both tickets on my Leaf Green, and best of all because of the way I play the games, both are unused, so I can still try to catch Ho-oh, Lugia and Deoxys.

So what I'm asking is:

Are you folks interested on my Leaf Green save?

By any chance someone could have and share a Ruby/Sapphire save with the special berries I'm searching?

I assure you both saves are unhacked, (my Emmerald has the Eon ticket unused too) if you wish I could search on my stuff for the memorabilia I got on both events (shadow lugia tcg giant card, some tcg mats, the tickets for said events, etc.)

@Maveon, do your Mystic Ticket saves come from distributions that are missing from the tool? The team would be really happy if you could send them your saves and verify whether it's from a distribution that is not yet implemented into the tool, for sure.

As far as the berries you are looking for, have you tried Trigger's PC?

@Maveon, any saves you have with legit events will be interesting, even if we already got them, so if you can dumo them and upload them (or send via pm if you want to keep the saves private) it would be a really big help. Any information you still remember from the events (when and where) would also be apreciates. It would be awesome if you really have that leaf green Mystic Ticket, since one of those is the most relevant event we are still missing.

About the special berries you want: you can emulate the e-reader, both usa and jap, with the berry e-cards. You'll need to use a japanese rom and save for the berries exclusive to japan though if you want to keep it legit.

Alternatively, you may just inject the berries into the savegame using the tool I coded. You can injwct jap only berries and use them on USA saves too, of course if you do this depends on what you consider legit, but you could trade your tiranitar to a japanese save and use the berries on the japanese game, so it makes not that much difference for the pokemon, so it ia up to you.

ps: if you want legit, real hardware stuff, no emulator involved, I'm sure HaxAras will be able to help

@Maveon

ps: if you want legit, real hardware stuff, no emulator involved, I'm sure HaxAras will be able to help

Oh man, you have no idea. I was reading this and you guys will probably be so happy to know.

I have 100% legit, perfect contest berries in gen 3! They're on my Emerald save. If you'd be willing to contribute your save, I'd be more than happy to help you get copies of my Pokeblocks.

I can:

(You send me your save or a .pkm file) Give them to your Pokemon directly

Use Triggers PC to give you clones (I'm pretty sure I can do this)

Send you my Emerald save or an Emerald save with these Pokeblocks on it.

I have all of the English E-reader cards and a handful of the Japanese. I could help you get the Regi dolls, any of the E-reader berries, Eon tickets in Ruby/Sapphire, etc.

I'll edit this post or post a reply with as many screenshots as possible.

Earlier this year on Serebii I met a couple collectors who are very big on legitimacy who also love Ribbon Masters. (I tried with my Suicune and did all of gen 3 but 4 is a nightmare. I also couldn't get anything else in gen 3 past the battle tower.)

They helped me get the perfect Pokeblocks. I sent one of them my Emerald save and (Using an emulator and 4 versions of VBA) made the perfect berries. They used some of my berries. Legit berries that I grew myself.

Pictures/Screenshots

NHxEgGL.png

YnwWGEf.png

4KfwmiF.jpg

oTWwiUD.png

0MBdCfM.png

xsxFIK7.png

Video playlist of my Suicune.

So after looking at Triggers PC, I have 2 sets on there. I'll happily give you them all if you're willing to contribute your save.

You might find this interesting as well.

Pokéblock Recipes to give a Pokémon perfect Condition (Gen III)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonribbons/comments/11su8j/pok%C3%A9block_recipes_to_give_a_pok%C3%A9mon_perfect/

• Like 1

I didn't expect such excited replies!

Thank you guys!

To tell you the truth I was more than willing to share my saves anyway, and contribute a little to the community after all these years of just lurking the forums.

@HaxAras My god! you have quite the collection! And you did exactly what I was planning on doing to get the perfect pokeblocks. I'll be more than grateful if you could share some of those to my save or another save with the necessary berries to blend the pokeblocks, I would really appreciate it!

@HaxAras I'm from México, and got the tickets at the Electronic Game Show on 2004 and 2005. To be more precise I got the Aurora Ticket on October 23rd 2004, and the Mystic Ticket on October 22nd 2005, both events were held at the World Trade Center in Mexico City. Back in the day, all the games we could get here were American versions, there was no localizations and if you wanted some pokemon games in spanish you had to import them, which of course was more expensive (and personally I just hate the way the game reads in spanish, such horrible translatios!)

The Eon ticket on my Emmerald save came from the collaboration with a friend I had during those years. We used to play TCG, and he used to travel alot to the states (his dad was a pilot) so he eventually got ahold on an e-reader so we could use it to play with the codes on the cards, and some time later(I cannot remember for the love of god how or from whom) I got my hands on a physical Eon Ticket, so we scanned it to his Sapphire and proceeded to mix records with my emmerald. I keep the card to this day.

Finally, I would like the saves to be kept private, so I'm sending you the saves via PM. I hope my saves are useful to you guys! And thank you, really thank you!

• Like 1

I didn't expect such excited replies!

Thank you guys!

To tell you the truth I was more than willing to share my saves anyway, and contribute a little to the community after all these years of just lurking the forums.

@HaxAras My god! you have quite the collection! And you did exactly what I was planning on doing to get the perfect pokeblocks. I'll be more than grateful if you could share some of those to my save or another save with the necessary berries to blend the pokeblocks, I would really appreciate it!

My collection is far greater than what I showed in the video. I'm not only a Pokemon/Event collector but a videogame collector in general.

If you send me a save, I can put both sets on your save. So you'll be able to make at least 2 ribbon master Pokemon unless you wish to clone the Pokeblocks. If you send me a save (Depending on which game it is) I can get you the regi dolls (RSE) and any E-reader trainer/berry you want (RS).

I think this is interesting enough to get posted here, as it is relevant to Mystery Event.

Aparently, the Regi Dolls are actually obtaniable in non-japanese games via record mixing, @HaxAras has made it with real hardware too, so there's no doubt about it. You can read his post here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?50474-GEN-III-Mystery-Gift-Tool-Nintendo-Events-Wondercards-e-Trainer-cards-and-e-Berry-editor-(and-more!)&p=221895&viewfull=1#post221895

Here is how to legitimately get them (instructions by Invader TAK):

I'm planning to make a video at least showing my English Emerald with the Regi dolls and Japanese secret base. It's far more work to show mixing records between the two games.

First of all, thank you very much for your contribution!!

Back in the day, all the games we could get here were American versions, there was no localizations and if you wanted some pokemon games in spanish you had to import them, which of course was more expensive (and personally I just hate the way the game reads in spanish, such horrible translatios!)

Do ypu happen to know if people who imported spanish (or other region besides japan) carts were able to receive the mystic ticket event with the imported games?

We assume it was possible, though the card will still be in english, and confirming this would be awesome!

Finally, I would like the saves to be kept private, so I'm sending you the saves via PM. I hope my saves are useful to you guys! And thank you, really thank you!

Just to make sure, you have no problem if we extract the data related to the event (the wondercard) and make it public so everyone can get the legit event then?

Do ypu happen to know if people who imported spanish (or other region besides japan) carts were able to receive the mystic ticket event with the imported games?

We assume it was possible, though the card will still be in english, and confirming this would be awesome!

Just to make sure, you have no problem if we extract the data related to the event (the wondercard) and make it public so everyone can get the legit event then?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think they just wanted their Pokemon/items to remain private. At least that's how I am. I don't really feel like handing out my shinnies or Pokemon I put tons of work into but I have no problem sharing events.

I like to be sure, he said he wanted to contribute, but I tend to not assume things (necessary for my job, assuming things can have really bad outcomes).

I've made a quick check: FRLG Mystic ticket will finally be available! Also, the Emerald save has a Mystic Ticket wondercard that is different from the one we already had, so that's also awesome!

If we can get confirmation that the Mystic tickets were able to be received in non-ENG cartridges, this will be pretty much it, besides missing a version of the FRLG Mystic Ticket wondercard, and the egg wondercards, which are so rare I don't expect to get any of them at this point.

I like to be sure, he said he wanted to contribute, but I tend to not assume things (necessary for my job, assuming things can have really bad outcomes).

I've made a quick check: FRLG Mystic ticket will finally be available! Also, the Emerald save has a Mystic Ticket wondercard that is different from the one we already had, so that's also awesome!

If we can get confirmation that the Mystic tickets were able to be received in non-ENG cartridges, this will be pretty much it, besides missing a version of the FRLG Mystic Ticket wondercard, and the egg wondercards, which are so rare I don't expect to get any of them at this point.

I honestly never thought we'd get the FRLG Mystic Ticket. I know it's extremely unlikely but I'm not gonna give up hope. I'll be checking any and all carts I buy in the future as well.

I have absolutely no problem with you extracting the data you need and using it, in fact that's the reason I'm sharing the saves with you guys.

It's as HaxAras commented, I only want my pokemon to remain private.

On the subject of imported carts receiving the events. I do remember attending some TCG pre-releases and tournaments on that period, where alot of trainers gathered to battle, trade and brag about their games, and alot of those games where in spanish. I mention this because in those events (TCG related or Video game related), you saw the exact same people every single time and not once I heard someone complaining that they didn't got the event on their carts because of the region or language of their carts, or something similar. So although I didn't saw with my own eyes someone receiving the Mystic or Aurora ticket on their Rojo Fuego or Hoja Verde, I'm pretty much certain the distributions that took place here on those dates and the spanish carts where compatible.

I'll try to get ahold of some Fuego Rojo/Hoja Verde carts that may contain the wondercard data and dump their saves to backup this claim.