[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

The editor is mostly finished. Berry editor should be fine. The inner works of the "usage by trainer" depend on the game itself. I could add checks to prevent impossible combinations, like making a berry that heals pp and hp, but I'm leaving that to the user (editor already has a warning about these things).

Bugfixing may need people using the editor as I can't find them all.

Trainer cards: I haven't tried to figure out the values for pokemon and moves, they aren't stored as index number (I think) and it's a tedious job.

Also, there's only the english list of words.

We are waiting to get at least the remaining events from italy for a release. I may start working on nds code meanwhile, but I won't have my nds to test until next week.

The editor is mostly finished. Berry editor should be fine. The inner works of the "usage by trainer" depend on the game itself. I could add checks to prevent impossible combinations, like making a berry that heals pp and hp, but I'm leaving that to the user (editor already has a warning about these things).

Bugfixing may need people using the editor as I can't find them all.

Trainer cards: I haven't tried to figure out the values for pokemon and moves, they aren't stored as index number (I think) and it's a tedious job.

Also, there's only the english list of words.

We are waiting to get at least the remaining events from italy for a release. I may start working on nds code meanwhile, but I won't have my nds to test until next week.

Pokemon and Moves are stored by index number.

For the list of words in other languages see these lists. Words that are exclusive to FRLG or Emerald are marked as such.

English http://pastebin.com/NRxicRCd

French http://pastebin.com/212wsQ24

German http://pastebin.com/93X1n1P5

Italian http://pastebin.com/scYib6Et

Spanish http://pastebin.com/53kuUYh9

Japanese http://pastebin.com/p1Ynz34R

For some reason the moves in the word lists have empty/unused indexes between. But I tested them and it seems to be correct this way.

Edited by BlackShark

Wow, those are really complete, thank you very much! I guess I'll have to add all languages then.

Edit: I've seen there's tv show structure too, which is something I also wanted to investigate, which is pretty awesome that there's already so much info. I'm interested in surskit swarm in emerald, and I actually have a save file with one, which for what I've seen, happens a day after mixing records with r/s.

Also, how did you obtain obsetts for mistery gift/event in emerald? I'm using other offsets fine, in fact I think mistery event and mistery gift share the same offset for the script (the ones you have also overlap).

For the Outbreaks as well as other TV-Events like the Clear-Out-Sale I have made some AR code a few days ago https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?1182-Pok%E9mon-Fire-Red-Leaf-Green-Emerald-Ruby-Sapphire-Action-Replay-Codes&p=214405&viewfull=1#post214405

The data for possible outbreaks can be found in the ROM.

Ruby v1.1/1.2 (US) 0x3D1414 - 0x3D144F

Sapphire v1.1/1.2 (US) 0x3D1470 - 0x3D14AB

Emerald (US) 0x58D094 - 0x58D0CF

I got all those offsets by looking at the save files that were contributed here as well as Taka's tools and Morfeo's codes. Possibly I messed them up when I wrote them down.

For the Mystic Ticket? Will we have a lagal hacked one? (Because if we can get the real one, i really want to have it also if it is a legal hack >.<)

Legit: No

Hacked: Yes

There's still a small chance we might get an official Mystic Ticket, even tho' chances are small...

Netherless you will even be able to make Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards and even Old Sea Map Wonder Cards. :smile:

We're using the Template Scripts we found in the ROMs to ensure seamingless support for all versions:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=214201&viewfull=1#post214201

Making a perfect hacked ("legit") duplicate of an official Event however is impossible without having the original one... :(

It's a sad fact unfortunately...

ajxpkm said:

Making a perfect hacked ("legit") duplicate of an official Event however is impossible without having the original one... :(

It's a sad fact unfortunately...

Actually, isn't that a happy fact? People won't be able to make fakes of the ones we're missing down the line and try to contribute them as real.

Edited by HaxAras

Actually, isn't that a happy fact? People won't be able to make fakes of the ones we're missing down the line and try to contribute them as real.

Yeah, as long as there are experts like us who can expose them. I think it has indeed a good side that we can distinguish between hacks and legit events!

Not happy because we can't make a perfect Mystic Ticket WC...

Yep and this is the bad side of it...

If we really could tell whether a Wondercard is legitimate or not, then wouldn't we be able to re-create the legitimate one?

To know if it's a legitimate one would require knowing what the legitimate one is like, no?

I mean, we can easily weed out the obvious hacks, but someone could always make a more intricate one. Then because we don't know exactly what the legitimate one looks like, and because it isn't a bad hack, we would have no way to know.

Unless you have a way to really know for sure no matter what and I just don't know what I'm talking about. :P

There's a fact: even an obvious hack like morfeo's code does the same job as the official event.

For what we know, If you toss the wondercard there's no way of telling if you received mystyc ticket from the official nintendo event (on usa savegame of course) or from morfeo's wondercard.

In the end, there would be not much difference from a really accurate wondercard, gamewise. The lugia and hoho received from the event would also be 100% legit (legal?) as they are generated in-game.

Same happens with eon ticket, were even the script is deleted after triggering the event.

Bummer if we can't get the legitimate one, though. Would be good to be able to have our save file look legitimate without having to delete the Wondercard. :P

Could pick up Mysticticket and then replace it with a legitimate Auroraticket Wondercard, but then that wouldn't be entirely legitimate since it's not legitimately possible to have Auroraticket WC saved while also having Mysticticket (since the latter came out a year later.)

Only way to have it look completely legitimate would be to either only get Auroraticket, or get both and discard the Wondercard.

Not a huge deal, but it'd be pretty cool to be able to have everything look as legitimate as possible. :P

Do we know what the text looks like on the legitimate Mysticticket Wondercard at least? I'd personally be fine with one that looks legitimate on the surface even if the hidden data was wrong.

Do we know what the text looks like on the legitimate Mysticticket Wondercard at least?

Unfortunately no... :(

So far I have only seen one and that one was exposed as fake.

Unfortunately no... :(

So far I have only seen one and that one was exposed as fake.

I would assume the body and footer text would be identical to the Aurora Ticket, only the header would say "MYSTIC TICKET EXCHANGE CARD" with either "2005 SUMMER" (since it was distributed at San Diego Comic Con that year) or "2005 FALL" (matching the Pokémon Rocks America tour stops).

Yeah we can at least try and make the fake one look as close to the real thing on the surface (to the eyes of someone who doesn't know what the actual real thing looks like.)

suloku said:
There's a fact: even an obvious hack like morfeo's code does the same job as the official event.

For what we know, If you toss the wondercard there's no way of telling if you received mystyc ticket from the official nintendo event (on usa savegame of course) or from morfeo's wondercard.

In the end, there would be not much difference from a really accurate wondercard, gamewise. The lugia and hoho received from the event would also be 100% legit (legal?) as they are generated in-game.

Same happens with eon ticket, were even the script is deleted after triggering the event.

See, I've been fine using Action Replay for years. The Pokemon are already in the game. I'm just unlocking a door. So as far as I see it, they're all legit. I'm just huge on preservation of old stuff and a gen 3/Pokemon fan as well. I'll likely just use Action Replay to send in all but 1 of each ticket to my carts in the future to save time and then just using the tool for the last one so I can have the WC ticket.

Actually, I kinda do that already. I use AR to scan in an Eon Ticket into Emerald, despite having Ruby and Sapphire and an actual Eon Ticket card.

Edited by HaxAras

One thing I want to do is set up a FireRed save with both the North American Aurora Ticket (set to be sharable only by the original cart) and all the MYSTRY Mews Sabersite recently uploaded (if it's possible to convert them to .3gpkm and if he fixes Mew #2 since it doesn't load properly in either Pokesav Platinum OR Pokegen EDIT: Problem solved!).

Edited by Invader TAK

One thing I want to do is set up a FireRed save with both the North American Aurora Ticket (set to be sharable only by the original cart) and all the MYSTRY Mews Sabersite recently uploaded (if it's possible to convert them to .3gpkm and if he fixes Mew #2 since it doesn't load properly in either Pokesav Platinum OR Pokegen).

For the mews: he privided the seeds.

I think the pid generation method for event pokemon (11?) is known, so if the algorythm for pid method 11(?) is available and the one for iv spread is too, there's really no need to convert them, one could directly generate gen 3 files.

For the mews: he privided the seeds.

I think the pid generation method for event pokemon (11?) is known, so if the algorythm for pid method 11(?) is available and the one for iv spread is too, there's really no need to convert them, one could directly generate gen 3 files.

Since I don't know anything about programming, I have no idea how to do that. Though that would fix the problem with Mew #2 not loading correctly. But there's no rush, considering need to play through FireRed anyway.

EDIT: Problem solved!

Edited by Invader TAK

The Toys'R'Us Mew thread gave me an idea.

We know exactly how 420 Mews look like, we know their PID/IV, we know their method of generation along with the seeds used to generate each batch.

Could those be implemented into the program? Say, you would tick the box for MYSTRY Mew, and it would randomly generate one of the 420 Mews and add it to your party. If party is full, return an error, of course :P

And heck, people have studied the Colosseum bonus disks too. Do we know how their method of generation for Celebi and Jirachi works? If we were able to generate ones identical to what the bonus disks give, and add them to your party, then the program would allow people to easily get legal event Mews, Celebis and Jirachis, along with Deoxys via the Aurora ticket, and Lugia/Ho-Oh through Mysticticket (although those are available from Colo/XD already so they aren't completely event-exclusive.)

Of course it would be much easier to just have a bunch of Gen. III pkm files and get people to manually add one of them to their save file with A-Save, but you gotta admit, that would be really cool. It would feel more like an actual event, getting it generated to your game and not knowing what stats and nature you'll end up with. :3

The Toys'R'Us Mew thread gave me an idea.

We know exactly how 420 Mews look like, we know their PID/IV, we know their method of generation along with the seeds used to generate each batch.

Could those be implemented into the program? Say, you would tick the box for MYSTRY Mew, and it would randomly generate one of the 420 Mews and add it to your party. If party is full, return an error, of course :P

And heck, people have studied the Colosseum bonus disks too. Do we know how their method of generation for Celebi and Jirachi works? If we were able to generate ones identical to what the bonus disks give, and add them to your party, then the program would allow people to easily get legal event Mews, Celebis and Jirachis, along with Deoxys via the Aurora ticket, and Lugia/Ho-Oh through Mysticticket (although those are available from Colo/XD already so they aren't completely event-exclusive.)

Of course it would be much easier to just have a bunch of Gen. III pkm files and get people to manually add one of them to their save file with A-Save, but you gotta admit, that would be really cool. It would feel more like an actual event, getting it generated to your game and not knowing what stats and nature you'll end up with. :3

That'd be cool. But I'd rather have a save with all the Mews ready to trade, Pal Park or store in Pokemon Box.