Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange but since the last update (which i done today) of the 3DS i can't inject pokemons anymore.

The process block after the scan of QR code, the web browser don't freeze and i haven't the error message which alert me that the Pokemon is now in my box 1.

Don anyone have this problem too ?

Edit : i have an old 3DS XL. But i don't know how to Check the firmware :/

That's because the latest update blocks this method. The reason is not anti-Poke-hack in particular, it's because the method allows a number of other issues in many 3DS applications, apparently including being able to avoid paying for certain things, which is the most likely reason for the patch. There is no "fix" and no way to revert. You'll just have to wait until the next method comes out, ask someone else who can do it to Gen for you and trade them over, or to import Japanese game(s) and Cyber Editor.

Is it possible to use the exploit for deleting the downloaded firmware file/files? Now let me get this straight, I'm asking for everyone in 9.5.0-22 and below, whose consoles have downloaded the update and are prompting to update everytime.

A quick note: if you've accidentally downloaded the update via spotpass, and it nags you to update every 24 hours or so, you can boot your system in recovery mode. To do so,

1) Make sure the system is off.

2) Turn it on. (DO NOT WAIT FOR THE HOME SCREEN TO SHOW UP)

3) Immediately hold down the shoulder buttons (L and R), the Up button on the d-pad, and the A button. You don't need to hold it for more than a second or two - the system will not proceed until you let them go.

4) A screen should show up asking you to update via the internet. Select "cancel."

5) The system will turn off.

And just like that, no more update nag!

As for the patch, I'm surprised it didn't get pushed out sooner. As soon as the QR code stuff hit Kotaku, you *knew* that the countdown had started, assuming it hadn't already.

This could be the answer for your problems. Just don't let wireless enabled while your 3DS is in sleep mode if you don't want it to download the update again.

Or, just say no each time.

Not that it really matters much in the long run. Eventually something is going to come along anyways, and you will have to choose between new games/apps or cheating. If it's the latter... whatever.

Just do all the Genning you are going to need now, and update. It's not like you don't/can't have easy access to a Bank that holds a tankerload more Pokemon than anyone will ever believe you'd ever make full/any use of.

I already answered that, four posts up.

Alternatively, you can work on your Japanese and start importing games, as well as then being able to use Cyber Editor (which only works with Japanese 3DS games) with PKHeX. This comes with the obvious benefit of giving you access to all the games that have not/will not have overseas release. (I love it! Import rules.)

Or buy a used 3DS that happens to be of the right firmware and use it exclusively for cheating. (This is probably the cheapest of these three options)

Or throw away your money and respect for the developers and go with piracy.

if you have 2 3ds like i do you can leave 1 updated and one not so you can use 1 to gen and 1 to play the game online also an update for the games are not likely and i think oras has never had a patch in order to play online i only think x and y did and that was because of instacheck and since this exploit does not mess with online like instacheck did a patch probley will never happen that makes you have to download it to go online idk about this but if you firmwares really outdated will it block online for all games

I already answered that, four posts up.

Alternatively, you can work on your Japanese and start importing games, as well as then being able to use Cyber Editor (which only works with Japanese 3DS games) with PKHeX. This comes with the obvious benefit of giving you access to all the games that have not/will not have overseas release. (I love it! Import rules.)

Or buy a used 3DS that happens to be of the right firmware and use it exclusively for cheating. (This is probably the cheapest of these three options)

Or throw away your money and respect for the developers and go with piracy.

Piracy aside (there's no suggestion this user doesn't own a copy of a gen 6 game) I doubt Game Freak feels respected when people plug their games into Cyber Gadget Save Editors and hack away, or edit the RAM, or anything other than what the games were designed for.

if you have 2 3ds like i do you can leave 1 updated and one not so you can use 1 to gen and 1 to play the game online also an update for the games are not likely and i think oras has never had a patch in order to play online i only think x and y did and that was because of instacheck and since this exploit does not mess with online like instacheck did a patch probley will never happen that makes you have to download it to go online idk about this but if you firmwares really outdated will it block online for all games

Nope, it doesn't matter what the update is, if you don't download it, you can't go online. Which means people who have just bought copies of ORAS or X and Y won't be able to use any RAM exploits, since they'll have to update, which requires the latest 3DS firmware. I'm surprised they haven't simply sent out a dummy update with absolutely nothing in it simply to force users to update their firmware.

^_^; Because Nintendo aren't jerks (Microsoft/Sony...). They'll try their best to fix the problems, but they aren't going to punch you in the face in the process.

The only time things get lousy are when people doing the wrong things get to an extreme, such as when Swapnote's online usage got shut down (the Streetpass function still works).

Ive read that people who have injected into their games are getting banned from the eshop because of .bin files being detected for Shuffle. If I only used QR codes, I should be fine right?

Qr codes dont add anything or move anything in the SD card?

I used a seperate sd card to inject for ORAS because the one that came with my ds cant be read by my computer. I did however use the QR for shuffle.