Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

Can anybody help with changing a PKHeX Shaymin's Forme? I've noticed that Pokemon who change Forme through key items (Shaymin and Kyurem) aren't able to do so. With Kyurem, I can just set it to a Forme, but the problem with Sky Forme Shaymin is that it reverts to Land Forme as soon as I remove it from the PC. Please give insight if applicable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody help with changing a PKHeX Shaymin's Forme? I've noticed that Pokemon who change Forme through key items (Shaymin and Kyurem) aren't able to do so. With Kyurem, I can just set it to a Forme, but the problem with Sky Forme Shaymin is that it reverts to Land Forme as soon as I remove it from the PC. Please give insight if applicable.

What time of day have you tried this at? Sky Forme Shaymin is day-only. Pokémon in the PC are kind of preserved from changes like this (which is why permanent mega evolutions will reset if you leave them in your party, and stay as they are if you deposit them beforehand), hence it changing to Land Forme when you withdraw it.

Kyurem's forme can be changed but you won't be able to unfuse it in-game I don't think, since the data for the Reshiram/Zekrom won't be in your file.

I am attempting to do this during the day (1:00 PM) by using the Gracidea on Land Forme Shaymin only to get the message: "It won't have any effect." I've attempted this with 4 different Shaymin, both a normal and fateful encounter in either Forme. (I read that Gracidea only works on event Shaymin.) For the ones that were automatically in Sky Forme, the following happened:

-I opened up the PC.

-Shaymin's summary popped up. It's lower screen icon, 3D model and ability are all in Sky Forme.

-I moved it to the Battle Box, thinking I could battle with Sky Forme as long as I don't remove it from the PC.

-Its model and ability reverted to Land Forme. The icon was still in Sky Forme.

-I went into a different box and then back.

-The icon had reverted to Land Forme.

Is it a matter of the PIDs and extra bytes? I honestly wouldn't know...

This is my first attempt at genning, and I have done everything I can to try to find out what I have done wrong, but I don't see that anyone else is having the same problem.

Basically, I complete all the steps up to the part where the browser crashes and I go back into the game. Instead of one pokemon in box 1 slot 1, I get a row of bad eggs. My first few attempts were supposed to be dittos, but when I wasn't having any luck with that I deleted everything, deleted cookies, started out from scratch, and tried again with the sample hoopa. Still the same thing - a row of bad eggs.

As I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, I have no idea what sysnand I have but I can at least tell you my 3ds is OLD. Lol. But if anyone can tell me where to find the information you need to help me troubleshoot this, I should catch on quick. I somehow managed to build a computer once with someone dictating instructions to me through IM. I just need a little guidance.

@SamHauser: First off, this is not the thread to ask in. Take Genning problems to the thread(s) for it. Also, that would be a PKHeX-related issue, not for the Web-method's threads.

That aside, quick answer: If you want to use an alternate form, DO NOT MAKE IT AS ONE. Seriously, just do it in-game correctly. You mostly likely will just make annoying problems for yourself (as you've seen) if you do. I still can't figure out why people think it's such a grand idea... it just reverts, and if it doesn't, it easily brands you as a cheater if somehow used online should you manage to use it there. And there's really no point in the personal-use side since you can just as easily just look at your PokeDex to see it. It's not like it'll help you with any battles in-game.

In the case of Kyurem, ABSOLUTELY NEVER make it in it's Fused Form, and I would suggest you never alter or delete one if you do have one actively fused. It is not simply treated as a separate Pokemon, it takes both the Kyurem and the Reshiram/Zekrom and puts them into a separate area of the save data to generate how the Fused Form will result. (You really should do your homework before tampering with data you aren't meant to be able to do so in the first place)

There is meant to only be one single Fused Form total on any one game save, for obvious reasons, so don't go trying to break it and causing yourself problems.

This also means that if you alter a Fused Form Kyurem... you could make it impossible to revert, since it's data won't match. Not smart.

As for Shaymin: it will always revert and be unable to transform when it is night/frozen/not in your party. So, obviously, it would revert when you withdraw it from the PC, since it's not allowed to be in any form except Land any time other than In-party+Daytime+Not Frozen+Flower.

The reason it won't change... not sure. Did you obtain the item correctly, in-game, rather than cheating for it? If cheated, it's possible that it's only IN your bag, but "unactivated" (which would now be rather annoying/maybe hard to fix; there are sometimes in-game "flags" tied to things that newbie cheaters happily don't know about and so ignore). I do rather doubt this, but as I would never do something to result in that, no way for me to tell.

Though I haven't taken the time to verify this, you may consider actually using a proper Real Shaymin (as in, no cheating involved) to test. If it works, then you're just messing up your Genning (this is the most likely answer). If not, you messed up getting the Item/are using somehow at a time it won't work.

I have to admit, I'm a touch confused about this too, unless you cheated to get the Flower.

PID won't affect anything with this (unless, maybe, it's a Gen IV Shaymin? Unlikely.), since in Gen V+, PID isn't locked, and NEVER touch the Extra Bytes unless you know what and why (and I know of no reason to do so).

@boblikesfood86: The New 3DS has both upgraded hardware and software. Most things use the same software, but others are designed to take advantage of the better hardware. In this case, the Web Browser, which is necessary for this exploit to work. As such, until a method is found which can work with the New Browser, only an older 3DS will work.

You may as well update your older 3DS though. Since everything works as of 9.5, there's no point in blocking it from newer updates/features. But whatever works for you.

@Dr4g0nite: That's rather odd... did you edit the file at all before loading it? Oh well, at least you know the system works for you!

Asking for help with making a Pokemon, Legal or not, is to be done in the threads that pertain to that. I also help mod a couple groups on Facebook that are for that as well.

Are you making sure to use the most recent files for both the reading/injection method, as well as PKHeX?

As long as you are using an unmodded 9.5 3DS-line console, you are fine. Only the New 3DS(XL) has a different hardware/software to cause an issue.

My system says (2DS btw) ver. 9.5.0-22E, Works here?

I did everthing as explained and eveything went well but at the end there is no pokemon at box1 slot1 which means it didn´t work.. Can you help me?

I even did step by step like here:

Need some help if possible

Solved.. The problem was that that history and cookies from web browser had not been cleaned

Edited by fredpassos

Hi guys!

It doesn't work on my 3DS Ver. 9.5.0-22. It shows me just "connection error" without popup as it did before the update. How can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Solved.. The problem was that that history and cookies from web browser had not been cleaned

I cleaned history and cookies but problem isn't solved anyway.

It should work in your version since it is the same as mine. Make sure you have internet connection. Because you have a working version and its easy to do it step by step following the instructions

Anyone having problems on hatching shiny pokemons ? Because even tho I set them as shiny they hatch normal..

It should work in your version since it is the same as mine. Make sure you have internet connection. Because you have a working version and its easy to do it step by step following the instructions

Anyone having problems on hatching shiny pokemons ? Because even tho I set them as shiny they hatch normal..

My connection works fine, I can play in Battle Spot without problems. I have both PCIn/Out and RAMIn/Out and none of them works.

@pdensco99: Correct. You modded your 3DS software, you ruined it yourself. To fix it, if you do a system format and then update properly, it may work out for you.

@Frarowak: First, it's been long-confirmed that the latest update is compatible. It's not because of the update.

Second, you've given us little information to work with. You say it says "Connection error"... what exactly are you doing at that point?

What's your game/3DS Region? Are you by any chance trying to use a New 3DS (just in case you missed it, New 3DS isn't currently compatible with this)?

Have you double-checked the whole OP post, including the FAQs?

I have looked through many tutorials and forums and I still can't find a solution to my problem. When I do this whole process step by step exactly how im supposed to, I get a bad egg. The file is .ekx, i always double check. However I still get a bad egg. When I downloaded the sample Hoopa, it worked perfectly. When I downloade Sleepy Jirachi's Jirachi that he made, it also worked perfectly. However, whenever I make my own pokemon in PKHeX, it always comes out as a bad egg. Can anybody help explain why this is happening to me? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have looked through many tutorials and forums and I still can't find a solution to my problem. When I do this whole process step by step exactly how im supposed to, I get a bad egg. The file is .ekx, i always double check. However I still get a bad egg. When I downloaded the sample Hoopa, it worked perfectly. When I downloade Sleepy Jirachi's Jirachi that he made, it also worked perfectly. However, whenever I make my own pokemon in PKHeX, it always comes out as a bad egg. Can anybody help explain why this is happening to me? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Just make sure you save your file as .ek6 in PKHex. File > Save as > select ".EKX files" in the "type" box > You get a file like that: "pokemonname - XXXXXX.ek6 > Rename it to " pokemon.ekx" and copy it to your SD card.

If you got a .pk6 file with PKHex and try to change it to .ekx, it won't work.