psy_commando

tool Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Psy_commando's Tools and research notes

Is there a way that the ability_data could also be extracted along with move_data and pokemon_data? I want to be able to edit an ability that was unused, which is Multitype.

I've been following the imgur tutorial to try to extract the rom files, but it doesn't appear to be working. I've checked the log, which yields me the following text in the log:

<!>- POCO Exception - Path not found(3) : rom/data

The files are located in a file on my desktop but I'm not sure if that's where they need to be. When I follow the directions in the tutorial, command prompt only opens for a split second before automatically closing, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it?

On 11/19/2018 at 12:33 PM, mr ki said:

Is there a way that the ability_data could also be extracted along with move_data and pokemon_data? I want to be able to edit an ability that was unused, which is Multitype.

Abilities are just code. You'd have to edit the asm to do it.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:37 PM, Dakavendish said:

I've been following the imgur tutorial to try to extract the rom files, but it doesn't appear to be working. I've checked the log, which yields me the following text in the log:

The files are located in a file on my desktop but I'm not sure if that's where they need to be. When I follow the directions in the tutorial, command prompt only opens for a split second before automatically closing, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it?

There might be some special characters or space in the path to your desktop.

I've been messing around with these tools for a while now and almost everything works correctly for me. The only part that doesn't seem to work is anything relating to stat growth. After making changes to say Poliwag to get 15 extra attack points when becoming level 2 the changes simply don't show in game. Yet hex editors show that changes in the m_level.bin file have been made and can even be found in the compiled Explorers of Sky rom and if I export the data from the m_level.bin file the xml files still show that the Pokemon have been modified. Even if I find a Poliwag in a dungeon their stats haven't changed to reflect the modifications to stat growth. I noticed nobody mentions anything about stat growth here so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. I'm using an NTSC copy of the game in case anyone needs to know.

pokemon D2 Sky data (monster.md)P
I briefly summarized the Pokemon list of ROM binary (monster.md), but is there a requirement?

P_D2_Sky_d.txt

Perhaps the first half is jealous, the second half is jealous

I found on the previous page how to adjust the content of the "attack".
However, it is a pity that a way to change the additional effects of "attack" has not yet been found.

arm9.bin / 0009CB80

I found the item. This is a shop of trade & treasure lottery.
that can be exchanged at the Sohnano's store.

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 04 00 08 00 03 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 19 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 3C 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 .....~

Oran Berry

46 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 00 06 00 6D 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 

Ananuke no Tama

4A 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 05 00 06 00 6D 00 01 00 6E 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 

lottery ticket

A9 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 00 0A 00 78 05 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 

Item / timing / Replacement material / quantity /

Analysis from Waza_p.bin.

Each character has three levels of numbers.
1st row: The skill to remember at level up
2nd row: The skill that can be acquired using items
3rd row: The skill added only when the egg has emerged

Law of:
23 05: Remember the skill [ID23] at level [05].
81 23 05: Remember the skill [ID123] at level [05].

WAZA_list.txt

Law of:
81 23 05: Remember the skill [ID123] at level [05].

Where I calculated later: The above was wrong.

Law of:

81 03 05: Remember the skill [ID083] at level [05].       (ID= +80)
81 13 05: Remember the skill [ID093] at level [05].     
81 23 05: Remember the skill [ID0B3] at level [05].
82 03 05: Remember the skill [ID183] at level [05].

Complex additions where there are more than 81 numbers

On 2/11/2019 at 4:59 PM, kking117 said:

I've been messing around with these tools for a while now and almost everything works correctly for me. The only part that doesn't seem to work is anything relating to stat growth. After making changes to say Poliwag to get 15 extra attack points when becoming level 2 the changes simply don't show in game. Yet hex editors show that changes in the m_level.bin file have been made and can even be found in the compiled Explorers of Sky rom and if I export the data from the m_level.bin file the xml files still show that the Pokemon have been modified. Even if I find a Poliwag in a dungeon their stats haven't changed to reflect the modifications to stat growth. I noticed nobody mentions anything about stat growth here so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. I'm using an NTSC copy of the game in case anyone needs to know.

Sorry for my english

Hello, I did the same and it did work as intended too. I firstly did it with StatsUtil using command line and then with SkyEditor ending with the same result. Even after extracting the rom created I could see the change I made in the xml, but in-game stats growth didn't changed at all. I wanted to make every pokemon with the same stat growth to make every of them usable..

Anyway keep up the good work guys. Bye

Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, psy_commando said:

Abilities are just code. You'd have to edit the asm to do it.

Is there any documentation about where asm code for abilities could be located? I was trying to change the effect of Speed Boost, and I found an address (should always be 021BAF87) where the game stores the amount of turns passed until 250, then the counter is reset and speed boost activates.

EDIT: Using no$gba debugger I found the code that updates and checks the counter which starts at 02310ED4. Now I need to find the code that changes the speed

Edited by Metalcape

hi im rather new and i know this thread is rather old so i might not get a reply, but  i have a few questions 

Has anyone written any tutorials yet for this ?? 

is Red rescue teams sprites hackable ? 

and also i am having some issues loading some of your tools, 

Hi, I'm trying to edit the palettes of the in game sprites, but I can't get them to load properly. I got them able to show up on the overworld just fine but when I load into a dungeon it glitches out, the game slows to a crawl, every Pokemon on screen even if it wasn't edited flashes between no sprite, vanilla sprite, or some big red glitchy box. All I'm doing is editing the palette.pal file in each of them, and I even tried only replacing the "monster.bin", "m_attack.bin", and "m_ground.bin" files individually. 

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Heaven_06_19366.png

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Heaven_11_19186.png

I used Tinke to extract the files, ppmd_gfxcrunch to open them, Photoshop to edit the palette files, repacked them with ppmd_gfxcrunch, then used Tinke to put import them into the ROM. I'll upload the palette file for the Shinx as well as the .bin files (they should be the most recent). 

palette.pal m_ground.bin monster.bin m_attack.bin

I got it to work, I think, I used Crystal Tile this time to replace the files. I don't know why Tinke didn't work, it's been useful so far, but I don't really know much about all this stuff yet. I only started getting into it last Thursday with Pokemon Platinum.