Gym Leaders Should Be More Tough!

wraith89

1st I think Gamefreak will try to avoid giving gym leaders Pokemon that are already used by E4 members, like Forretress, Gyarados and Jynx here. It would make more sense to give Jasmine a Skarmory anyway =P

One such thing also is how Sneasel isn't used by Karen, probably because your rival has one.

2nd Hell yeah the gym leaders need to get buffed

As I said in the other thread (about wild Johto pokemon), I hope they'll make Johtodex, which will contain at least 1 Hoenn ghost and dragon poke.

With just Johto and Kanto pokemon like the original, Morty is again left with 2 lines and same for Claire...

What I think would fit perfectly:

Falkner

021.png163.png017.png

Bugsy

204.png166.png193.png

Withney

035.png209.png241.png

Morty

093.png200.png094.png

Chuck

057.png214.png062.png

Jasmine

082.png227.png208.png

Pryce

225.png087.png221.png

Claire

148.png230.png148.png

Will

178.png203.png124.png202.png199.png

Koga

168.png211.png205.png089.png169.png

Bruno

237.png106.png107.png095.png068.png

Karen

197.png247.png045.png430.png229.png

Lance

130.png469.png149.png.... o_O

I don't have any clue what to do with Lance, but a dragon team is not realistic (no thanks, to Kanto starter and fossil pokemon), maybe he'll be a more regular champion as in having a versatile team, adding a Blissey, Scizor or Ampharos, LOOL, but this seems even less realistic xD

Edited by Klaatu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, no, we can't use Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokes here. And seriously? Granbull for Whitney? That'd be a bit too tough, don't you think? And where's her signature Clefairy? Bugsy's signature Scyther? Yanmega on Lance is o_O

Everyone, Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokes are a big NO NO for a remake! Not only are they not native to Johto but they also don't contribute to the whole "remake" feeling!

However, as for the Sinnoh evolutions of existing Johto Pokes... I'm not so sure about that yet. But Skarmory on Jasmine is certainly a good idea. I don't know why I forgot about it...

I AM considering Hoenn/Sinnoh pokes for the rematches though.

Sorry for being a spelling nazi, but it's spelled Whitney :)

Erm, no, we can't use Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokes here. And seriously? Granbull for Whitney? That'd be a bit too tough, don't you think? And where's her signature Clefairy? Bugsy's signature Scyther? Yanmega on Lance is o_O

Everyone, Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokes are a big NO NO for a remake! Not only are they not native to Johto but they also don't contribute to the whole "remake" feeling!

However, as for the Sinnoh evolutions of existing Johto Pokes... I'm not so sure about that yet. But Skarmory on Jasmine is certainly a good idea. I don't know why I forgot about it...

I AM considering Hoenn/Sinnoh pokes for the rematches though.

Absolutely of there are Hoenn Pokemon before the completion of the game, it would not be much of a remake.

I know. But I still hope they will actually make it less a 100%remade and more an improved Johto game, where they'd actually try to make it more logical. The original always seemed to me like it was made in a real hurry.

But if it's going to be a remake like FRLG were, then this thread is nonsense anyway as the gyms won't change for not 1 Pokemon for any trainer in them.

And you're right about Clefairy (I just remembered the gym interior looks like a huge Clefairy LOL) and Scyther. But at least a Snubbull seems really fitting to me =) It's a pink normal Johto poke.

I somehow doubt it they'd again make your pokedex say New pokedex, Old pokedex. I'm all for the idea of an actual Johtodex for this region.

Without any after 2 gen pokemon Morty, Claire etc will again have extremely versatile teams.

And yeah I was somewhat surprised when I realised they didn't use Skarmory for Jasmine xD

But you have to agree this applies to Heracross too. After all there's a Fighting gym and an E4 fighting member.

I know. But I still hope they will actually make it less a 100%remade and more an improved Johto game, where they'd actually try to make it more logical. The original always seemed to me like it was made in a real hurry.

But if it's going to be a remake like FRLG were, then this thread is nonsense anyway as the gyms won't change for not 1 Pokemon for any trainer in them.

And you're right about Clefairy (I just remembered the gym interior looks like a huge Clefairy LOL) and Scyther. But at least a Snubbull seems really fitting to me =) It's a pink normal Johto poke.

I somehow doubt it they'd again make your pokedex say New pokedex, Old pokedex. I'm all for the idea of an actual Johtodex for this region.

Without any after 2 gen pokemon Morty, Claire etc will again have extremely versatile teams.

I don't think that's the right word you want to use ;)

You mean to say EXTREMELY BORING :D

I know, it's disappointing that there were only 4 types of Ghost and Dragons in GSC, but even then... I'd leave it the way it is. I only gave Morty a Misdreavus because Gastly is boring >_<

This thread is only wishful thinking... but I think many people would like it this way. :P

I'm about to upload battle videos against Shiny Gold Gym Leaders and place them in the front post (stupid critical hits for Miltank!) and show you what they originally were so you guys can compare. Just wait and I'll give you the sign :P

If they make a Johtodex, it will most likely not include Kanto starters, legendaries or fossils. This would mean no Charizard and Aerodactyl for Lance LOL

So I'm starting to doubt they'll really give much thought to this game... sadly q_q

I see it slowly. It's going to be a remake, with as little work done as needed for it to make $ T.T

If they make a Johtodex, it will most likely not include Kanto starters, legendaries or fossils. This would mean no Charizard and Aerodactyl for Lance LOL

So I'm starting to doubt they'll really give much thought to this game... sadly q_q

I see it slowly. It's going to be a remake, with as little work done as needed for it to make $ T.T

Why not? Why would we limit the dragon trainer like that? It won't be a Johto-dex, I'm sure. It'll be like the original: all 251... even if you won't see the others. But really... no Charizard and no Aerodactyl? What would the champion have... hmmm...

Gyarados

Gyarados

Gyarados

Dragonite

Dragonite

Dragonite

... THAT. IS. BORING.

Arbok? For the champion? :eek:

With a stat spread like this: 60/85/69/65/79/80 ... I don't think that'd be a wise idea. Stick that cobra with the Rockets :)

Milotic is a Gen III Pokemon, so I doubt it's allowed to be included.

Kingdra... I'm still thinking about that one, but Kingdra seems to be something Lance's cousin Clair can claim using over Lance. So I'll leave it Clair exclusive ATM (although FR/LG's rematch Lance was using Kingdra... could he have borrowed one?)

I don't like the criteria for the Nat. Dex, either... If they did make the Dex 251 again, but added that criteria, I'd be upset. You'd have to see 251 Pokemon just to get the rest of the Dex. Ouch.

For some reason, I can see Lance with a Tyranitar or Feraligatr. What do you think about that?

I don't like the criteria for the Nat. Dex, either... If they did make the Dex 251 again, but added that criteria, I'd be upset. You'd have to see 251 Pokemon just to get the rest of the Dex. Ouch.

For some reason, I can see Lance with a Tyranitar or Feraligatr. What do you think about that?

Blah. There's no way they'll allow you to see Celebi or the other twin of your guardian bird (Ho-oh or Lugia) anyways... so hopefully none of that.

By odd coincidence, I was thinking about those two as well. Feraligatr is the "dragon" of the Johto starters (in the same manner Charizard is of Kanto and Sceptile is of Hoenn) and Tyranitar is another pseudolegendary. I'm still pondering... but for now, his roster stays in-tact. Any suggestion for rematches are welcome. I'm thinking of Gyarados/Aerodactyl/Charizard/Salamence/Tyranitar/Dragonite as his final one... but anything is open ATM.

Blah. There's no way they'll allow you to see Celebi or the other twin of your guardian bird (Ho-oh or Lugia) anyways... so hopefully none of that.

Sure they will. Just as they did in Platinum. You get the Sinnoh Dex data for Manaphy from a picture, and you get the data for Dialga/Palkia through seeing them in an event, even though you don't actually encounter them in battle. And you get Mesprit's data by encountering it at the lake without actually needing to fight it. Every other Sinnoh Dex Pokemon can either be found in an event battle (Giratina and the other lake legendaries), or on a trainer. You could have the full Sinnoh Dex as soon as you defeated Cynthia.

I can easily see us finding pictures of the guardian birds, or watching them fly overhead, and seeing the legendary beasts when they first run away from tower.

Sure they will. Just as they did in Platinum. You get the Sinnoh Dex data for Manaphy from a picture, and you get the data for Dialga/Palkia through seeing them in an event, even though you don't actually encounter them in battle. And you get Mesprit's data by encountering it at the lake without actually needing to fight it. Every other Sinnoh Dex Pokemon can either be found in an event battle (Giratina and the other lake legendaries), or on a trainer. You could have the full Sinnoh Dex as soon as you defeated Cynthia.

Celebi should stay an event Poke... and I kinda prefer the old GSC method better... I don't want an encyclopedia limiting my chance to get to Kanto or something. That would be very disappointing.

Good point Skyblade. And Wraith, who said we needed to see all 251? In DPPT we didn't need to get Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin. We don't need to get Celebi. It will most likely be a GS ball event.

We don't need a new Johto dex anyhow... that would screw up some people's lineup. No Charizard and Aerodactyl? Say goodbye to some integral parts of Lance's lineup. It should all stay put.

Just like before, I'm hoping we're able to access Kanto even without seeing everyone. A new Johto Dex would detriment Lance's team and add unwelcome Hoenn/Sinnoh monsters in.

I agree, I hope Charizard stays in. It would change the battle a lot.

To skyblade, that is a good idea about the legendary birds. I'd like to see something like that rather than just the picture like they did with dialga and palkia.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be amazing if there was an arena or colluseum where you fight the Gym Leaders again whenever you want (After beating the game) and they had Legendary Pokemon along with some powerful, strong Pokemon (Mostly OU) that were well trained (Good EVs, IVs, Moves) and the AI inteligently made moves. :D