Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see the public method being taken to make this translation project. There was a lot of competition during the HGSS patches of last year. I'm not going to be jumping into any projects this time around as I've got too many other responsibilities, but I support KazoWAR as he seemed to be a nice enough guy when I talked with him last year.

Best of luck. If you need anything let me know.

-

Rykin

I totally remember this period. I had to delete troll posts and answer so many questions back in the day...

But with Kazo's permission, I don't mind managing the old HGSS translation info site into a B&W one!

Yeah a patch will be out when 16 and 17 are ready, I've been working on 16 as much as I can but going back and fixing other files and making sure that they reflect well in the game, as for your question we don't host roms or anything all we will release is a patch.

so once the patch is out how would i put this and patch the rom for Pokemon Black and White?

Ok, to everyone asking when the patch will be out, it will be out when it is out(shouldn't be too much longer though).

For people asking about what is being done by who and what changes have already been made, check the first post and the current github for more info(http://github.com/projectpokemon/Pokemon-Black-White-Translation-Files) .

This first patch, again, will be in the first post when it will be finished and it will be of attack names, items names, pokemon names, shop npc text, stuff such as that meaning it WILL NOT be a story translation since this will pretty much be a "battle patch".

For people wanting to start a translation into another language, you have been asked to make a new fork in the github for it. Read the first post to learn more about using github.

(If you would like to start helping to translate the STORY LINE, view this github site: http://github.com/projectpokemon/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files may be put into a newer patch at a later date)

so once the patch is out how would i put this and patch the rom for Pokemon Black and White?

When the patch is released (I'm basing this off previous patching) you will either run the patching program and select the B/W rom or there will be a .bat file where you just drag the rom onto it and it will be patched.

Check the FIRST POST to see what has or hasn't been translated and what needs to be.

I think dark_shadow96 might be asking if the .txt is already translated or if someone else is working on it. That way, multiple people don't translate the same exact thing, thus wasting valuable effort that could have been used elsewhere. I could be wrong, but I don't want to see this thread turn into a troll/rant/flame war.

hey everybody ive been lurking on this thread and registered just to add my two cents and thank you for this awesome project you got going on, this is the first time since blue/red that ive been excited to play pokemon lol. but yea just saying im part of the support crew so if anyone here needs anything non-japanesetranslation related just let me know

I translated a line in 0003.txt.

[spoiler]
Do you want to save \xfffethis match in your VS Recoder?
Yes
No
Data will be lost forever\xfffeare you sure?
Yes
No
You will be overwriting your previous battle video\xfffeis that OK?
Yes
No
Your video is now saving.\xfffePlease wait!
Your match has been saved.
There was an error\xfffeVideo couldn't be saved.
あいてを まっています\xfffeしばらく おまち ください!                      Waiting for an opponent\xfffePlease wait a moment!
[/spoiler]

Edited by SuzieJoeBob
Fixing "Spoiler" wrapping