Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

No its not that you completely missed my point! .................cow am I always hard to understand?

I mean my point is....

I asked my dad if I could use wifi on my DS

He said yes...

The code didn't fit

I tried some of the code

it didn't work

I told my dad

And he was like OH well

There was known of, no you cant due it

or ...no you cant search for hot spots

I mean there are none close enough to our house that I can sit at home and use wifi. I used burger kings to get the rotom secret key though and that's about it.

Happy that I edited..do you pay attention just to me because there are a lot of useless posts out there but yet you infract me..-_____________________- long face...anyway I'm stuck wifiless until I find a way to shorten it. Otherwise I'd be requesting for a pokesav poke because I'm not to good at pokesav so I cant do it myself. So I'm stuck being all cowish without ds wifi for pokemon.

Before I go I'll take this opportunity..

Gardevoir learns wish at level 17 and since it evolves at level 30 from a female kirlia it makes it impossible to learn via level up because you get a kirlia at level 20 yet ralts and kirlia cant know the move. So that means heart scale is the way to go. Go on over to pastoria city, use a heart scale with gardevoir in your party. Select gardevoir then select the move wish.

Why ask a question like that when you know the answer? I mean that's a pretty simple question and I'd be baffled if you didn't already know the answer.

Before I go I'll take this opportunity..

Gardevoir learns wish at level 17 and since it evolves at level 30 from a female kirlia it makes it impossible to learn via level up because you get a kirlia at level 20 yet ralts and kirlia cant know the move. So that means heart scale is the way to go. Go on over to pastoria city, use a heart scale with gardevoir in your party. Select gardevoir then select the move wish.

Why ask a question like that when you know the answer? I mean that's a pretty simple question and I'd be baffled if you didn't already know the answer.

Erm, I actually didn't know. I overlooked it. And I know the Heart Scaling, I just had no idea when it learned it. Thanks.

Alright then I'm glad I could help. I decided to enter in my breloom's stats to try and find its IVs and look at the results! LINK TO BRELOOM'S IVS There pretty awesome. I think it got confused that attack was its best stat due to its nature but I'm sure I entered in everything correctly. I'm going to do it again at level 100 but I doubt it'll make a difference.

I have another question...does anyone know where to find shards. I'm going to need them a lot for teaching my pokemon some moves. Besides underground where do I find them?

Alright then I'm glad I could help. I decided to enter in my breloom's stats to try and find its IVs and look at the results! LINK TO BRELOOM'S IVS There pretty awesome. I think it got confused that attack was its best stat due to its nature but I'm sure I entered in everything correctly. I'm going to do it again at level 100 but I doubt it'll make a difference.

I have another question...does anyone know where to find shards. I'm going to need them a lot for teaching my pokemon some moves. Besides underground where do I find them?

Lemme take this one :) In Platinum (which I'm assuming you have) shards are literally freaking piled in the game for the move tutors. In Fuego Ironworks, you can trade Star Pieces for shards, 4 shards (one of each color, red, blue, yellow, and green) per star piece to a guy (next to the generator in the middle of the factory). Also, in the Great Marsh, there is a guy on your right as soon as you walk into the marsh itself that gives you 1 free shard a day. Also...many interact items are shards.

Happy that I edited..do you pay attention just to me because there are a lot of useless posts out there but yet you infract me..-_____________________- long face...anyway I'm stuck wifiless until I find a way to shorten it. Otherwise I'd be requesting for a pokesav poke because I'm not to good at pokesav so I cant do it myself. So I'm stuck being all cowish without ds wifi for pokemon.

Wraith is right, its probably not a WEP code. What kind of router do you have? I might be able to help...but you need parent permission xD.

Um..A wireless router. Thanks for the help on shards! I had no idea about the great marsh guy! Yay! Thanks so much. I also know that staryus hold stardust and star pieces some times so by using thief on them I can swipe all those pieces to get shards. Thanks naru chu!

lol. I meant brand like NETGEAR, LINKSYS, etc. Anyway, no problem. I found out about the Fuego Ironworks guy when I remember Fuego Ironworks, lol. Oh yeah, and for some reason I'm buried in Star Pieces...and I rarely go underground. lol

oh, I'm not buried in them I wish I was. I've spent hours underground looking for shards and pieces to teach moves to my pokemon. That's one of the reasons I dont want to teach my current breloom focus punch. I spent hours looking for shards for it to know super power and then used a PP max on super power so its 8 PP instead of 5 PP I'm not sure what kind of router we have when it comes to that.

Ah...it really sucks that it takes a bunch of shards just to teach a move. I mean, what freak collects shards (not including me lol)? Oh, this is random, but did you know that in Diamond and Pearl, in the Survival Area, there is a rock climb access place (in Platinum, it leads to a move tutor) and it leads to a building. Nothing interesting, the guy says something like "You climbed all the way up here? I'm sorry but there's nothing here.". But the building he was in was a preview of the buildings to be included in Platinum in the 3 Area island. Wow these people think too much ahead.

That's THE most randomest post I've read. And I never noticed that, will check it out.

Ah...it really sucks that it takes a bunch of shards just to teach a move. I mean, what freak collects shards (not including me lol)? Oh, this is random, but did you know that in Diamond and Pearl, in the Survival Area, there is a rock climb access place (in Platinum, it leads to a move tutor) and it leads to a building. Nothing interesting, the guy says something like "You climbed all the way up here? I'm sorry but there's nothing here.". But the building he was in was a preview of the buildings to be included in Platinum in the 3 Area island. Wow these people think too much ahead.

That was annoying, climbing up there and then finding nothing. Plus its horrid that you need 5 billion shards to teach moves to pokemon. They're so hard to come by. I've heard that the higher your score the more likely they'll appear underground.

That was annoying, climbing up there and then finding nothing. Plus its horrid that you need 5 billion shards to teach moves to pokemon. They're so hard to come by. I've heard that the higher your score the more likely they'll appear underground.

Yeah, the higher your score is underground the more they'll appear (but harder to get). I never bothered with going underground unless it was the Spiritbomb side-quest.

I doubt that. It's all about luck and crap like that. No way Nintendo would make it easy for people to find shards just because they have higher scores.

Well I haven't tried it but I heard from a few people who go underground alot that they seem to be getting the bigger ones alot more now but it's harder to get them than it was when they first started.

Oh, I got something useful pokemonfan! The reason I'm buried in star pieces, is because the dowsing machine is always my main app. Here's a few locations for ya:

Now, go to Iron Island and collect Star Pieces. Heres the list (Hidden items, restock themselfs daily!):

Find Star Piece southeast of the house, in the small rock.

Find Star Piece on the first floor down (to the right from the entrance), near

the center, to the right of a rock and two barrels.

Find Star Piece on the second floor down (the smaller area to the right from

the elevator), near the southeast corner, a few steps to the right of the

barrel.

Find Star Piece on the second floor down (the larger area to the left from the

first elevator), toward the southwest corner, on raised ground, south of Worker

Quentin.

Find Star Piece on the second floor down (the larger area to the left from the

first elevator), toward the southeast corner, in the right of two rocks.

Then go to the ironworks and trade the Star Pieces with the man for one of each shard! Simple!

Edited by Ziz

Do they really? o_O

I have to check this out. I've only climbed in that area in Platinum to get some moves, but I'm not sure about D/P...

I had read up on a method to find your SID without an Action Replay and found it to be a long set of formulas that honestly only really confuse me, I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this (if it's even possible) and help me find my Secret ID. If anyone has any info or help they'd like to offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks