Speculation: Chances of various unreleased Pokémon being released.

coltonsmogon

Interesting Pokemon we are missing:

1. Shiny Celebi
2. Shiny Meloetta
3. Shiny Keldeo
4. Shiny Victini
5. Shiny Ash-Greninja
6. Shiny and non-shiny Eternal Floette
7. Shiny Hoopa
8. Shiny Volcanion
9. Remaining Shiny Tapus
10. Shiny Ultra Beasts
11. Shiny Cosmog (and family)
12. Shiny Zygarde
13. Alternate Magearna form, and shiny
14. Shiny Necrozma
15. Marshadow and shiny.
16. Any of the unreleased Hidden Abilities

• Like 1

• coltonsmogon changed the title to Speculation: Chances of various unreleased Pokémon being released.
3 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I hear that people HAVE gotten Shiny Celebi at events, however, I do not have enough evidence to confirm this...

Pretty much debunked.
10ANNIV algorithm proves it can't be shiny, Ageto celebi can't be shiny.

The only Celebi that could be shiny was the Gen 2, Japanese Pokemon Crystal GS Ball Celebi,
but that's trapped in Gen 2.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Pretty much debunked.
10ANNIV algorithm proves it can't be shiny, Ageto celebi can't be shiny.

The only Celebi that could be shiny was the Gen 2, Japanese Pokemon Crystal GS Ball Celebi,
but that's trapped in Gen 2.

Could we try & see if we can force the event to occur (& allow the GS Ball to catch it, & only it, with no fail)?

Also (however unrelated), shouldn't we extend the Event Gallery to store Gens I/II/III event Pokémon as well?

Edited by coltonsmogon

10 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Could we try & see if we can force the event to occur (& allow the GS Ball to catch it, & only it, with no fail)?

huh? What are you referring to?
There's no VC Gen 2, so it doesn't matter, cause it's not transferable.

10 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Also (however unrelated), shouldn't we extend the Event Gallery to store Gens I/II/III event Pokémon as well?

At this point, I'm not sure if non-vc Gen 1 and 2 matter, (granted they are awesome and rare to find)
but problem is that they are not transferable.
We do have dedicated threads, but when it comes to tracking these critters,
it's too far back, and too tedious to prove the legitimacy of said files.

As for VC Gen 1, I've got the files for Mew in our event gallery.

Regarding Gen 3 events,
to an extent, it shares the same problem.

Some of the Pokemon can be proven to be legitimate to an extent, and we can recreate legal copies,
but I imagine the logistics for this might drive us insane.

Any thoughts @evandixon?

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

huh? What are you referring to?
There's no VC Gen 2, so it doesn't matter, cause it's not transferable.

I mean, with the proper Gen II TM33 ACE script for Crystal, it should be possible to allow the GS Ball script for Celebi to activate (which should give random DVs, thus a shiny Celebi is possible, just the problem with that is that they'd be legal, just illegit). Ask ChickasaurusGL/TheZZAZZGlitch/MrCheeze for analysis on this, they'd know more about this than even I would...

== double posting, merged ==

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As for VC Gen 1, I've got the files for Mew in our event gallery.

The Toys-R-Us Mew would also be able to find a spot there too, just any Gen I events we have should be placed in it's own category, like with Gens IV/V/VI/VII.

6 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I mean, with the proper Gen II TM33 ACE script for Crystal, it should be possible to allow the GS Ball script for Celebi to activate (which should give random DVs, thus a shiny Celebi is possible, just the problem with that is that they'd be legal, just illegit). Ask ChickasaurusGL/TheZZAZZGlitch/MrCheeze for analysis on this, they'd know more about this than even I would...

I'm aware that it's possible to force the GS ball Celebi for Gen 2 English versions,
but it won't be technically "legal" any more.

Plus, I'm more interested in VC release, plus with the actual event.

If they don't give us a VC GS Ball event,
we won't be able to transfer a shiny Celebi, no matter how hard we try.

7 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

The Toys-R-Us Mew would also be able to find a spot there too, just any Gen I events we have should be placed in it's own category, like with Gens IV/V/VI/VII.

My point was I'm not sure there is a point to it having it's own category, if it's not transferable.

Gen 1 and 2 events are way too easy to fake/create. :/

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

that is true.
While our Gen 1 - 3 will likely be pretty barren, there's a few that I'm certain are legit.

Gen 3 Ageto Celebi, Shiny Zigzagoon, 10 Anniv mons, pretty much anything in @InsaneNutter's Gen 3 Legit Event save

Yes, it'll be barren, but organized as well (there is a Mew that was distributed to VC RBY players, does that count as Gen I or Gen VII)? Also the Gen II PCNY save might be under moderation for addition to the Gallery as well as a result... And the Gen I Toys-R-Us Mew...

Edited by coltonsmogon

8 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Yes, it'll be barren, but organized as well (there is a Mew that was distributed to VC RBY players, does that count as Gen I or Gen VII)? Also the Gen II PCNY save might be under moderation for addition to the Gallery as well as a result... And the Gen I Toys-R-Us Mew...

The Mew for VC RBYG is under Gen 7 right now, with both Gen 1 and Gen 7 format uploaded.

I'll wait for @evandixon comment on this.

If proceeding with this, I'll likely be first starting off with @InsaneNutter's collected save, as it's been verified by @Sabresite

edit:
IF we do proceed, I'll say start off with Gen 3.
If we do split by language, the languages I see in the save are:
Japanese
English
French
German
Italian
Spanish

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zeropain said:

Would it not be better/easier ''just'' to maintain a save file instead of extending the event gallery for Gen 1,2,3? Like @InsaneNutter is doing this for Gen 3 over there at digiex?

People might find it more convenient to be able to grab a specific Pokémon individually without having to grab a save file & trading it over to their game...

6 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

@zeropain There are so many events that I could potentially contribute for gen 3 alone, that it would max out what you can fit in a sav.  For example, there are 236 unique GCEA alone.  Not to mention the 420 mystry mew, 90 10aniv (including various languages, distributions, and bryant park).

THIS... I can't explain it any better than this... It's the reason why this didn't occur for Gens IV through VII... Although @evandixon's final decision will be what we do for this upcoming part of the Event Gallery.

Edited by coltonsmogon

Good point. But we can just use another save file when the first one gets filled up entirely with event Pokemon. Use another one if the second is full and so on.

Or we can just make a zip file like @theSLAYER is doing it for Gen 6 and 7?

I dont see a problem extending the event gallery, but i think maintaining save/zip files are much more easier. Just my opinion.