Switch Gift Data Manager - Import wondercards into Switch games by faking BCAT packages

SkyLink98

I see, thank you for your quick reply! I have just one more question. My switch that I would like to do this on is currently completely clean and unhacked. If I hacked it just for this purpose, do you think a ban is a big possibility (as that would prevent me from transferring the save)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have one more question. I want to change the date of the wonder record and the Met Date of the received Pokemon, I'm guessing with switch-time. Do I need to change the date using switch-time before redeeming the events? Have any bans been reported due to the use of switch-time? Do you have any advice on how I can use it safely?

Edited by xxmanxx1

Yes you need to use switch-time before redeeming the events.

No one reported a ban for using it so far, at least not that I know of.

Just run the homebrew, select the date you want, then open the game and proceed to redeem the gifts you want.

Resync the time with switch-time afterwards.

As always, take your own risks.

I also saw another comment on here saying the time is only supposed to increase not go backwards, or something having to do with downgraded instances. Wouldn't it be better if I changed the time, then progressed it bit by bit until I get to the latest event I want to inject, or does it have to be resynced after every claimed event?

Edited by xxmanxx1

Hello, I have a few more questions.

I managed to obtain every event I needed to obtain with the correct dates using switch-time, JKSV, and Switch Gift Data Manager. I also did some very light genning in PKHeX, all legal or event Pokemon. The only mon I'm doubting is the Japanese event Jirachi in Sword, I don't know if having a japanese wonder record of this mon is possible in an English language game (I read that serial codes are region-free). In fact, I actually deleted a few illegal mons I got from LAN trading a while back. I already deleted all of the CFW files from my microSD card, as I need to insert it in my OLED Switch after I do the full user transfers. Is it safe to user transfer to the OLED at this point? Does my OLED have any chance of getting banned due to my save editing (I also saved the game manually a couple of times on OFW)?

Edited by xxmanxx1

2 hours ago, xxmanxx1 said:

Thank you, the only reason I was wondering is because the Jirachi's OT is still in Japanese, so the mon itself is Japanese, and the wonder record says ネガイボシ's Jirachi..

Maybe the card already has a preset OT and language. Check what details are on your card.

In your case, look here

1EBC6798-DC62-41CC-87BF-405D3B3AD78B.jpeg

Whichever language you redeem the Mon on (leftmost column for redeeming language), the language tag (second column), nickname (third column) and OT name (fourth column) are already predetermined on the card.

• Like 1

Hello, I have one last question regarding this topic.

First of all, I want to say thank you to the developer of Switch Gift Data Manager for making this entire thing possible. I managed to transfer everything to a new Switch OLED with no ban on either console. The question I had was:

If I still want to use my old switch to trade pokemon via local wireless (two switches in the same room), can I do so while using emuNAND + Incognito + dns.mitm/Exosphere? Is it safe to go online on emuNAND with the above steps applied, and use homebrew nsps?

Sorry for the unrelated question, this is the only place where I've gotten quick help on the internet, ever.

Edited by xxmanxx1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your work!

After reading the text, I have some questions about this project.

1. If it's nececssary to link the internet and Nintendo, how the gifts be redeemed? 

2. After redeeming the gift, will the record remain in the game? Timedata of this record will be correct?

I saw the switch-time homebrew can be used to edit the Network System Clock upon wondercard redemption, what that means? After linking I could draw it offline and edit time? Or I can change time while linking, the Nintendo servers wont do something?

Or I can edit the pkm's metdata in pkhex as an alternative?

3. If I dont replace the BCAT file, what will happend? Or I need to do this project  between 1:00 AM (UTC) and 12:00 AM (UTC)? 

my english is poor, and I will be greatful if you could put some pics in illustration as assist.

Edited by Rico

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

1. If it's nececssary to link the internet and Nintendo, how the gifts be redeemed? 

The internet connection is required to enter the Mystery Gift menu, that's the reason it's needed. You can't enter the in-game Mystery Gift menu with no internet connection. The first time you go to the Mystery Gift menu, your console will also initialize the BCAT data related to the game you're playing.

The gifts themselves are actually pulled by the BCAT data, which is what we're modifying in this guide. BCAT contains DLC-like content for games (meaning, additional content that is susceptible to changes every now and then). In the Pokémon games case it stores all the events (this can be VGC regulations, Raid and Outbreak events, and of course wondercards).

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

2. After redeeming the gift, will the record remain in the game? Timedata of this record will be correct?

Yes, the records (called "wonder records") remains. The time data depends on the Network System Clock you have during the redemption. If you want the mon and the wonder record to have a legal date/time data, you have to use switch-time before redeeming the wondercards in-game. If you have multiple wondercards injected in your BCAT you should use switch-time to edit the Network Clock between each wondercard redemption. You can't edit the wonder records date/time with PKHeX (except for BDSP, for which the wonder record data structure should be correctly labeled).

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

3. If I dont replace the BCAT file, what will happend? Or I need to do this project  between 1:00 AM (UTC) and 12:00 AM (UTC)? 

Depends on the editing you do, but in most cases nothing will happen. Whanever a new content will be pushed to the BCAT servers, your BCAT should download it and eventually replace your edited data. Resyncing the BCAT to the official one is just for extra-caution. With that said, if you don't resync the BCAT, you'll be able to redeem the injected wondercards until new BCAT content will be pushed to servers, or until you don't manually re-sync/re-edit it.

Usually (not a rule), BCAT contents is pushed to servers on 12.00 - 1.00 AM, which means the BCAT will download the new data from servers at that time, if there are updates.

19 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

The internet connection is required to enter the Mystery Gift menu, that's the reason it's needed. You can't enter the in-game Mystery Gift menu with no internet connection. The first time you go to the Mystery Gift menu, your console will also initialize the BCAT data related to the game you're playing.

emmm... if i need to enter the Mystery Gift menu, need i type the code to redeem? or i need do nothing else?

19 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

The gifts themselves are actually pulled by the BCAT data, which is what we're modifying in this guide. BCAT contains DLC-like content for games (meaning, additional content that is susceptible to changes every now and then). In the Pokémon games case it stores all the events (this can be VGC regulations, Raid and Outbreak events, and of course wondercards).

Depends on the editing you do, but in most cases nothing will happen. Whanever a new content will be pushed to the BCAT servers, your BCAT should download it and eventually replace your edited data. Resyncing the BCAT to the official one is just for extra-caution. With that said, if you don't resync the BCAT, you'll be able to redeem the injected wondercards until new BCAT content will be pushed to servers, or until you don't manually re-sync/re-edit it.

so if i replace the BCAT file, the wondercard data's redeem record will still remain? that means its better for me to restore it.

Edited by Rico

3 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

Yes, wonder records have nothing to do with the BCAT. Once a wonder record is generated (upon the wondercard redemption), it is stored in the save file.

Understood, thank you very much.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...