Switch Gift Data Manager - Import wondercards into Switch games by faking BCAT packages

SkyLink98

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I just did some import of mystery gifts for SV using switch gift data manager and I restored the BCAT package however when I go to connect online to get the mystery gifts the only things that show up is the current mystery gifts of the Masterball and the Metal Sound TMS. I done this before for SV and other Switch games and I never had an issue when restoring the BCAT package with the imported Mystery Gifts. Any help to get this to work would be great. 

Also I did download the latest version 1.7.0 and I am on the latest version of SV.

3 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

@monachito1 you most likely unintentionally skipped some steps, or restored the BCAT in EmuNand instead of SysNand.

Redo the whole process from scratches, paying attention to each step. Ensure you're always on SysNand CFW during each and every step.

I am definitely on sysnand and I thought so I also try it with Sword/Shield and Legends and those worked fine just before I asked for help but for some reason SV won't it now just shows me the metal sound wifi event. I have tried a few times always the same results. I hope you or someone can help me. In the meantime I will reread the instructions and re do it. But I have done it many times on all games just lately I had issues with SV only.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:12 AM, monachito1 said:

I am definitely on sysnand and I thought so I also try it with Sword/Shield and Legends and those worked fine just before I asked for help but for some reason SV won't it now just shows me the metal sound wifi event. I have tried a few times always the same results. I hope you or someone can help me. In the meantime I will reread the instructions and re do it. But I have done it many times on all games just lately I had issues with SV only.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

Some suggestion I may give:

• Completely remove your BCAT by going to JKSV -> BCAT -> your game -> Press X ->  Reset Save Data, then connect in game again and select Mystery Gift to resync the BCAT
  • Select another build Method when forging the BCAT

10 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

Some suggestion I may give:

• Completely remove your BCAT by going to JKSV -> BCAT -> your game -> Press X ->  Reset Save Data, then connect in game again and select Mystery Gift to resync the BCAT
  • Select another build Method when forging the BCAT

Sounds good I will try those and if I still get the same thing I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Update. I did that but still having the same issue and I even did some more testing and even the previous bcat package that I had made that worked before the one with the shiny lucario, etc has the same issue. I also did a previous bcat package before that and did worked and gave me the same issue. For some reason even the packages that used to work before don't work now because I get the same thing the only mystery gift is the metal sound event.

Edited by monachito1

2 hours ago, monachito1 said:

Sounds good I will try those and if I still get the same thing I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Update. I did that but still having the same issue and I even did some more testing and even the previous bcat package that I had made that worked before the one with the shiny lucario, etc has the same issue. I also did a previous bcat package before that and did worked and gave me the same issue. For some reason even the packages that used to work before don't work now because I get the same thing the only mystery gift is the metal sound event.

I'm still under the impression you're not restoring the BCAT correctly and/or you're confusing SysNand/EmuNand. I really can not be of much more help than suggesting what I already told in the old posts.

Also remember to only backup the BCAT from your profile, don't use other profiles and don't use BCAT from other people.

If the forged BCAT is restored properly, the normal internet gifts should not be available at all within the game. If the build process went wrong you'd receive some error message upon connecting to Mystery Gift.

If you see the normal gifts and can receive them, it means the BCAT is still the original one (aka, not replaced with the forged one).

I'm trying to import wc, however, BCAT is not intialized; it only shows the passphrase.bin file. However, I can add Tera Raids to my save, so I did import Poke News to my game. Do I need to sign up to an account, access mystery gift then do steps on tutorial? I'm confused because I am able to add Raids and outbreaks, but mystery gifts are not passing through.

3 minutes ago, peachtaro said:

I'm trying to import wc, however, BCAT is not intialized; it only shows the passphrase.bin file. However, I can add Tera Raids to my save, so I did import Poke News to my game. Do I need to sign up to an account, access mystery gift then do steps on tutorial? I'm confused because I am able to add Raids and outbreaks, but mystery gifts are not passing through.

Connect online in game to download the official Mystery Gift at least once.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:50 PM, SkyLink98 said:

There's no reason for a CFW SysNand to have the Nintendo servers blocked, unless you have installed NSP/XCI in the past.

Having the server blocked is just like being already banned, since you can't play online.

But how it's not like on 3DS, it's not confirmed if you can go online in enunand even if you own the game legitimately and without blocking Nintendo's servers even if those games are confirmed to work woth migswitch cart 

Edited by Pokemonfan6498

3 hours ago, Pokemonfan6498 said:

But how it's not like on 3DS, it's not confirmed if you can go online in enunand even if you own the game legitimately and without blocking Nintendo's servers even if those games are confirmed to work woth migswitch cart 

Because currently, it’s not. We’ve had multiple multiple years to notice and observe and record how the server has been operating in regards to CFW on Switch.

Also hacked 3DSes can also go online. I’ve done that for years too. Currently, it isn’t really necessarily to use EmuNAND at the first place if you’re doing it all normally.

3 hours ago, Pokemonfan6498 said:

Why are you still here? You've already admitted to pirating Violet, so just leave already.

51 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Out of curiosity what games are you trying to do this on?

Obviously gen 9 because it's only game what has different mystery gift structure different than previous gens but i still don't get it how im supposed to use save data on modded switch if not a single cfw allows online access since most sources say that going online with cfw like atmosphere msy result in a ban 

Edited by Pokemonfan6498

6 minutes ago, Pokemonfan6498 said:

Obviously gen 9 because it's only game what has different mystery gift structure different than previous gens but i still don't get it how im supposed to use save data on modded switch if not a single cfw allows online access since most sources say that going online with cfw like atmosphere msy result in a ban 

You’re aware you’ve mentioned before that you don’t own Gen 9 right, in this very thread?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You’re aware you’ve mentioned before that you don’t own Gen 9 right, in this very thread?

I was praying to god you were going to mention their now-deleted post about how they "don't own" gen 9, and BOY am I glad you did

On 1/16/2024 at 12:33 PM, Extricated said:

I was praying to god you were going to mention their now-deleted post about how they "don't own" gen 9, and BOY am I glad you did

It’s not instant-ban on the forums but if they continue asking about the same topic as when they were a pirate, then we obviously can’t help them (since that implies they’re still a pirate).

They need to read our rules and guidelines again. There’s a few things they said wrong as well.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:25 PM, Pokemonfan6498 said:

because it's only game what has different mystery gift structure different than previous gens

Not true. To be precise, any Pokémon Switch game (even LGPE) so far has a different structure, in the sense that it can’t directly be injected to the save, so it’s not limited to Gen 9.

if not a single cfw allows online access since most sources say that going online with cfw like atmosphere msy result in a ban 

While most CFWs warn that the chance exists, it’s also true that CFW + Sysnand without anything sketchy installed (or ever installed) is fine. 

We have a whole list of things on Discord (said by devs + collaborated with user reports) on what to avoid. I’ve been using my hacked Switch on CFW online ever since Mario Odyssey launch, no issues.

I get the impression they’ve been treating the “warning” as a “guarantee”, when it is an *at your own risk* disclaimer. Either that, or they have pirated stuff onto their Sysnand before (not just Emunand), hence it has been solidified as a guarantee in their mind and they’ve been acting off that.

In any case, let’s stop being off-topic and continue with BCAT discussion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, thank you for your contribution. We have received a lot of help here. Could you please answer one of my doubts? Can I change the order of receiving mysterious gifts? My account received some official letters for 2022 before, and now when I use the plug-in to receive fake gifts from 2021, there is a problem in the order of receiving, is there any way to solve it? Please forgive me for my poor English

Edited by Day.9

5 hours ago, Day.9 said:

Hello, thank you for your contribution. We have received a lot of help here. Could you please answer one of my doubts? Can I change the order of receiving mysterious gifts? My account received some official letters for 2022 before, and now when I use the plug-in to receive fake gifts from 2021, there is a problem in the order of receiving, is there any way to solve it? Please forgive me for my poor English

Unfortunately not: the wonder record block isn't documented. You would have to dump the block and document it on your own.