PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

On 8/16/2023 at 8:36 AM, Kaphotics said:

Verify that their PP count is actually legal.

Bulbapedia lists Low Kick as a 20 PP move.

I believe I've discovered the issue. I use the program Triggers PC, due to the preferable U.I. and other functionality. It seems to modify the PP of some Pokémon and moves. Even doing basic tasks, such as moving them from one box to another.

My Togetic Is signed as "Illegal" for PID mismatch in pkhEx. It's from an Egg gift from an original FireRed cartridge, not emulator, never played on emulator and i never used cheat or something likes that, I've just extract the save file with GBA Tool and Nintendo DS Lite. All my Pokémon are ok, but Togetic nope. I've already read two more comment who said this and both answers was "it's the emulator", that's why i say that is not the emulator

Edited by Alellepi
It's a Togetic, not Togepi

4 minutes ago, Alellepi said:

My Togetic Is signed as "Illegal" for PID mismatch in pkhEx. It's from an Egg gift from an original FireRed cartridge, not emulator, never played on emulator and i never used cheat or something likes that, I've just extract the save file with GBA Tool and Nintendo DS Lite. All my Pokémon are ok, but Togetic nope. I've already read two more comment who said this and both answers was "it's the emulator", that's why i say that is not the emulator

provide the file pls

I found something strange, not sure if it's an error or not...

I have an Uxie caught in SwSh, it was modified to be shiny months ago, by ctrl + click the shiny box. At the time I didn't know that Max Lair Pokemon has PID/IV correlation, but the action still made it legal shiny.

I transferred it from SwSh to SV and eveyrthing was good. 

Now that I know about the PID/IV correlation of Max Lair Pokemon, I check it again to be sure and has a very strange result:

If I dump it as pk9, it is legal in SV but becomes illegal when I open the file in SwSh setting.

I move it back to SwSh to dump as pk8 and it is legal in both pkhex settings.

Also, for any Max Lair Pokemons/Legendaries, I cannot change EC, HT, WT, IV due to the correlation. But if I ctrl+click the shiny box first making it Shiny XOR=1, all other data can then be changed freely. It isn't susposed to be like that, is it?

0480_-_Uxie_-_63665D09F87B.pk8 0480_-_Uxie_-_B8585D09F87B.pk9

6 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The egg should be Method 1.

But it's generated by the game itself, in an official cartridge, almost 20 years ago! I didn't touched a single bit of him, i've just done a savefile backup from my cartridge and i found out It was marked as Illegal in my boxes. And all my other Pokémon are all right. Sadly i dont have the link here cause i've read that before posting this and i dont remember where,  but i've read in another post/forum that someone found out that GiftEgg from Gen3 can also be generated with another PID Method (Maybe 4 but im not so sure about this). Im not an expert about Method and PID, but It make sense. I mean, if the original game generate a Pokémon and pkhEx marks it as illegal, i guess that the problem is with pkhEx, not with the game. Maybe that's also a way, or a Method, still not implemented in pkhEx. That's why i've posted this, i know my pkmn it's legit cause the reason i've said, but i was hoping someone could fix this with the next update. Like i said in the first post, it happened also to someone else, always with Gen3 GiftEgg. 

7 hours ago, MotayaR said:

I found something strange, not sure if it's an error or not...

I have an Uxie caught in SwSh, it was modified to be shiny months ago, by ctrl + click the shiny box. At the time I didn't know that Max Lair Pokemon has PID/IV correlation, but the action still made it legal shiny.

I transferred it from SwSh to SV and eveyrthing was good. 

Now that I know about the PID/IV correlation of Max Lair Pokemon, I check it again to be sure and has a very strange result:

If I dump it as pk9, it is legal in SV but becomes illegal when I open the file in SwSh setting.

I move it back to SwSh to dump as pk8 and it is legal in both pkhex settings.

Also, for any Max Lair Pokemons/Legendaries, I cannot change EC, HT, WT, IV due to the correlation. But if I ctrl+click the shiny box first making it Shiny XOR=1, all other data can then be changed freely. It isn't susposed to be like that, is it?

0480_-_Uxie_-_63665D09F87B.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads 0480_-_Uxie_-_B8585D09F87B.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

Calculating seeds for nonshinies was recently improved to be quick enough for realtime legality checks, as per the release notes. Calculating shinies takes more time, so it cannot be done realtime thus is not implemented.

Ok so apparently if you gen a pokemon in SV that has an Origin Mark from outside Paldea, it changes to the Hisui origin mark when transferred through Home.

For instance, Galar Charizard genned in SV, transferred to SwSh, transferred back to SV, suddenly it's from Hisui.

Friends are saying it's either a bug with PKHex or a bug with Home. Anything we can do about it?

12 minutes ago, AmateurHacker said:

Ok so apparently if you gen a pokemon in SV that has an Origin Mark from outside Paldea, it changes to the Hisui origin mark when transferred through Home.

For instance, Galar Charizard genned in SV, transferred to SwSh, transferred back to SV, suddenly it's from Hisui.

Friends are saying it's either a bug with PKHex or a bug with Home. Anything we can do about it?

If you intend to send a pokemon to HOME, don't gen a pokemon in a game other than it's origin game (switch titles)
[While not necessarily what you're reporting, you should read this]

Noticed that a level 2 Grapploct is seen as illegal as of the latest dev build of PKHeX.

What I did was I hatched a Clobbopus in Sword, teach it Taunt through TR37, then used a Rare Candy to level it up and evolve it. Looks like PKHeX is trying to look for Taunt in the Relearn Moves area since it is expecting it as an Egg Move.

0853 - Grapploct - 8076C57D17EC.pk8

Hello, thank you for your work

I come to you, because I captured a Hoothoot shiny in the game, 2 days ago, today while I was saving my game on my PC, I ddl the new version of pkhex for the dlc of SV, I wanted to see what give the iv of pokemon I had caught since the dlc.

For more context on the capture of the Hoothoot, during the scenario of the beginning of the dlc, before making the race Ogre Outstin, I was under sandwich Flight No. 3 and next to an Mass Outbreaks of Hoothoot (but it does not come from the Mass Outbreaks).

The game shows me an invalid unable to match an encounter from origin game
and
Invalid : Static encounter shiny mismatch

I warn of this error

0163 ★ - Hoothoot - 735289A67E39.pk9

PKHEX 20230916
Pokemon Violet Teal Mask DLC Yuzu [no hacks]
A few pokemon are being flagged as 'Unable to match an encounter from the origin game' for no apparent region.
All of them have been caught at 'Wistful Fields' but not all of the mons caught there are illegal; example attached. Also one illegal has also been tagged as ' Invalid Uncommon mark'.

E.g.

This Grubbin - Illegal (Unable to match an encounter from the origin game) and 'Invalid Uncommon mark'
This Vikavolt (caught as Grubbin at the same location) - legal

0736 - Grubbin - CD786C9924DB.pk9 0738 - Vikavolt - 4785D21B3F38.pk9

Edited by Hybridshivam

PKHeX is telling me that my Ogerpon is still legal after changing it's Nature from Lonely to anything else. That should not be the case. Ogerpon is ALWAYS Lonely and always has an IV spread of 31/31/20/20/20/31.

PKHeX correctly identifies that it is illegal if you change the IV's, but not the nature. It should flag any Ogerpon with a nature other than Lonely as illegal.

15 minutes ago, ILuvChinPokomon said:

PKHeX is telling me that my Ogerpon is still legal after changing it's Nature from Lonely to anything else. That should not be the case. Ogerpon is ALWAYS Lonely and always has an IV spread of 31/31/20/20/20/31.

PKHeX correctly identifies that it is illegal if you change the IV's, but not the nature. It should flag any Ogerpon with a nature other than Lonely as illegal.

Can reproduce, looks like a regression that also affects Koraidon, etc.

4 hours ago, ILuvChinPokomon said:

It is a bug that PKHex has not fixed, it affects all legendaries such as Miraidon/Koraidon/Ogerpon

Pokemon Gurdurr/Conkeldurr Flagged as Illegal (Move and Encounter)

1. How you caught the mon:
Level: 66
All Changes: Traded for evolution (In-game - No pkhex edits)

PKHex ver 20230916

This pokemon is an overworld Tera Pokemon. It marks the move "Knock Off" as invalid when it has a fixed moveset for that encounter. Also has the "Unable to match an encounter from origin game" encounter flag, it has a fixed spawn.

0534 - Conkeldurr - 391CA7A3918C.pk9

PKHex 23.9.17-PullRequest4008.16

Various Pokemon caught in Wistful Fields are flagged as Illegal, these pokemon were found either by using sandwiches or outbreaks.

0163 ★ - Hoothoot - 1AB6551A7176.pk9 0164 ★ - Noctowl - 6EFD6B9CF82E.pk9 0193 ★ - Yanma - DFB59C15808D.pk9 0548 ★ - Petilil - 6F49CC127202.pk9 0742 ★ - Cutiefly - 20929ED7E4FD.pk9

1 hour ago, ILuvChinPokomon said:

Pkhex fails to flag paradox Pokemon as illegal if you change their game version. For example, I changed my Iron Hands to be from Scarlet instead of Violet and PkHex still considers it legal.

Working as intended, you can share wild encounters via Union Circle.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:44 PM, jomonteco said:

Various Pokemon caught in Wistful Fields are flagged as Illegal, these pokemon were found either by using sandwiches or outbreaks.

Fixed on latest commit.